Government to expand Logistics Data Bank project to South India
- The Logistics Data Bank (LDB) project, which was presented in last year on July 2016 to make India’s logistics sector more free to use and impact with the Information Technology, that event will going to increase soon in the country’s southern region. Firstly it will start in the region of the western logistics corridor.
- In this project there will be the “the entire movement (of containers) through rail or road till the Inland Container Depot and Container Freight Station,” it is said by the shipping ministry, and in the statement he has also said that the there will be integrating of the facility in the all the region of the country.
- The LDB will be installed by the some of the riding Vehicle called Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation Logistics Data Services Ltd. (DLDSL), that is with the partnership (50:50) that is headed by the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) Trust and Japanese IT services major NEC Corporation.
- In the recent of the meeting there is the LDB project that were held in May 2012. In the meeting there were the some of the directive that has Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) to ensure that all logistics players share data to make the project viable.
- Delhi, India’s capital territory, is a massive metropolitan area in the country’s north
- In Old Delhi, a neighborhood dating to the 1600s, stands the imposing Mughal-era Red Fort, a symbol of India, and the sprawling Jama Masjid mosque, whose courtyard accommodates 25,000 people
- Nearby is Chandni Chowk, a vibrant bazaar filled with food carts, sweets shops and spice stalls.
NITI Aayog partners with 6 states to transform Health & Education sectors
- In the term of the many of the assists that has been coming in the years, NITI Aayog, has said in the statement that it has signing the partnership with the three States for the transformation of the Health and Education sectors.
- NITI has selected the state for this, Uttar Pradesh, Assam, and Karnataka for the improvement of the healthcare delivery and key outcomes in these States. In Education, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, and Jharkhand has been come in the list of the some of the better education state. These six state has been chosen at the basis of the competitive based and the ability of their.
- These state will called as the, first, has been geeting in the partnership with the NITI Aayog to better their Health and Education indices. After this the state will make the all the efforts that will be taken in the assets and comprised of senior members of NITI Aayog and Health and Education ministries.
- By the statement it has been stated that the all the initiative, their willingness to accelerate improvement and justified why they should be selected for the institutional support being offered by NITI Aayog.
Justice Dipak Misra appointed as 45th Chief Justice of India
- On August 8, 2017, the center has been cleared and justifies the file of the Justice Dipak Misra by being the 45th Chief Justice of India with effect from August 28, 2017.
- Deepak Mishra has been getting the place by replacing the justice J S Khehar, who is going to retire at this last of the month August 27. This was the Khehar who had recommended Misra’s name for making him as the next Chief Justice of India.
- In the convension there is the meeting, Justice Misra once said, “No undertrial or prisoner shall remain without legal aid. Every case has a human face”.
- In the verdict of the, Justice Misra termed the convicts as those who “found an object for enjoyment in her… for their gross, sadistic and beastly pleasures… for the devilish manner in which they played with her dignity and identity is humanly inconceivable”.
Kerela, Haryana top sanitation survey
- On Tuesday the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has been started the project for the find of the 1.4 lakh rural households, that hasbeen coming under the Quality Council of India (QCI) between May and June this year.
- “Look, it is not even six months since we have come to power in Uttar Pradesh but the way the Chief Minister has taken up the issue of cleanliness and sanitation, I am sure in the days to come both Uttar Pradesh and Bihar will see improvement,” asserted Narendra Singh Tomar, the Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation, when they has asked about this then he said.
- The minister has termed as the 77 Central Ministries had a sum of ₹12,000 crore for the Swachh Bharat campaign and every of the ministry should take part in this. “I think this provision of every Ministry having its own fund is a milestone. After all, the campaign isn’t about one Ministry but the entire country and society,” Mr. Tomar said.
- In the North India, that is the Sikkim, Manipur and Nagaland were at the top at the 95% rural households covered by toilets, and at the side of the Himalayan States of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand with over 90% toilet coverage of the rural houses.
- Kerala, a state on India’s tropical Malabar Coast, has nearly 600km of Arabian Sea shoreline
- It’s known for its palm-lined beaches and backwaters, a network of canal
- Inland are the Western Ghats, mountains whose slopes support tea, coffee and spice plantations as well as wildlife
- National parks like Eravikulam and Periyar, plus Wayanad and other sanctuaries, are home to elephants, langur monkeys and tigers
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Districts: 14
- Population: 34.8 million (2012)
- Destinations: Kochi, Munnar, Alappuzha, Thiruvananthapuram,
- Colleges and Universities: University of Calicut,
India ratifies 2nd commitment period of Kyoto Protocol
- India has get in the statement has been announced that it has committed the time period for the Kyoto Protocol that commits countries to contain the for the excretion of the greenhouse gases, reaffirming its stand on climate action.
- Permanent Representative of the India to the UN Ambassador, Syed Akbaruddin, who has decide to give the instrument of the India has said “maintaining momentum on Climate Change. India submits instrument of acceptance of Doha Amendment to Kyoto Protocol”.
- There was the first of the commitment of the protocol of the Kyoto Protocol was from 2008-2012. The Doha Amendment to the Kyoto Protocol was adopted in Qatar in December 2012.
- “India’s acceptance reaffirms our continued commitment to climate action,” the Indian mission said in a statement.
- Kyoto, once the capital of Japan, is a city on the island of Honshu
- It’s famous for its numerous classical Buddhist temples, as well as gardens, imperial palaces, Shinto shrines and traditional wooden houses
- It’s also known for formal traditions such as kaiseki dining, consisting of multiple courses of precise dishes, and geisha, female entertainers often found in the Gion district
India ranks 43rd in Global Retirement Index
- In the India there is the no any chance of the being empty for the retirement so plan your retirement. In India there is no chance to be best for the retirement. But this is also in the worst BRIC countries. In a global retirement index of 43 countries, India has ranked the lowest.
- By the index ranks 43 countries that has included that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) advanced economies, members of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India and China).
- By the last year report there is the rank of the India was the 41st rank in the martial status and in the Health it was on the rank of 43rd, sub-indices but gains ground in Finances (39th) and Quality of Life (43rd).
- India has improves his rank in the finance in the last year by that it hs get in the rank. But also there is the India still has the fifth-worst sub-index score of any country in the GRI. By the interest rate there is the better chance of the improvement in the ranking, inflation and governance indicators.
Citizens of 80 countries including India don’t require visa to enter QATAR
- Now by the statement it is get to know that the there are about the 80 countries including the India can enter into the Qatar without visa. There are some countries include India, the UK, the US, Canada, South Africa, Seychelles, Australia and New Zealand.
- “Depending on the nationality of the visitor, the waiver will either be valid for 180 days, and allow the visitor to spend a total of 90 days in Qatar, or it will be valid for 30 days and entitle the visitor to spend up to 30 days in Qatar with the possibility of applying for an extension of the waiver for an additional 30 days,” Qatari government officials said.
- “With 80 nationalities eligible for a free visa waiver upon arrival, Qatar is now the most open country in the region, and we are delighted to invite visitors to discover our renowned hospitality, cultural heritage and natural treasures,” said, Hassan Al Ibrahim, the entity’s acting chairman.
- “A multi-entry waiver will be issued free-of-charge at the port of entry, upon presentation of a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months and a confirmed onward or return ticket,” the release added.
- Qatar is a peninsular Arab country whose terrain comprises arid desert and a long Persian (Arab) Gulf shoreline of beaches and dunes
- Also on the coast is the capital, Doha, known for its futuristic skyscrapers and other ultramodern architecture inspired by ancient Islamic design, such as the limestone Museum of Islamic Art
- The museum sits on the city’s Corniche waterfront promenade
- Capital: Doha
- Dialing code: +974
- Currency: Qatari riyal
- GDP (PPP): 2017 estimate
- Destinations: Doha, Al Wakrah, Al Rayyan, Al Khor, Mesaieed,
BANKING & FINANCE
Vijaya Bank opens self-employment training institute in Indore
- Vijaya Bank has been distracted the section of the loan in the branches of the all the Vijaya Bank Self Employment Training Institute (VIBSETI) in Bhenslay Village, Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- VIBSETI has been trained the young ones for the startup of their own enterprises. Kishore Sansi, Managing Director and CEO, Vijaya Bank, has been started its new premises in the recent. The event was attended by Nishant Warwade, District Collector, Indore; Kirti Khurasiya, Additional Collector and CEO, ZP, Indore; Sathish Ballal, General Manager, Vijaya Bank Head Office; Girish C Dalakoti, Regional Head, Vijaya Bank, Bhopal Regional Office, and others.
- The Vijaya Bank has funded the three of the VIBSETIs at Mandya and Haveri in Karnataka and Indore in Madhya Pradesh, by this funding there will be the provider of the free training to the young or the youth of the state in all the parts. For this there are the 50,000 candidates have been trained, 70 per cent of whom have set up their own micro enterprises.
- Vijaya Bank is a public sector bank with its corporate office in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. It is one of the nationalised banks in India
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- CEO: Kishore Kumar Sansi (1 Jan 2015–)
- Founder: A. B. Shetty
- Founded: 1931
- Owner: Government of India
- Total assets: 1.549 trillion INR (2017, US$24 billion)
Finance Ministry panel to resolve bank pensioner’s issues
- The Department of Financial Services, Ministry of Finance, has started the some of the department for the sector of the bank pensioners and retirees.
- The lending of the pensioners and the retirees include 100 per cent DA neutralisation for pre-2002 retirees; improvement in family pension, medical insurance and a medical benefit scheme; pension updating; and in the next term there is the term of the rigidness and the retirements.
- “It was not a meeting for merely submitting a memorandum but one where the Finance Minister listened to our issues patiently asking us to clarify points in respect of the issues,” Sarkar said.
- “We firmly believe that the issues such as pension updating, family pension and medical benefit scheme shall be of direct concern to the serving employees as well as they move on and retire,” Sarkar said.
- The Ministry of Finance is an important ministry within the Government of India concerned with the economy of India, serving as the Indian Treasury Department
- Formed: 29 October 1946
- Jurisdiction: Government of India
- Headquarters: North Block, Cabinet Secretariat, Raisina Hill, New Delhi – 110 001
- Cabinet minister: Arun Jaitley
- Minister of state: Santosh Gangwar, Arjun Ram Meghwal
- Programs: Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana,
ICICI bank launches instant credit card with the limit upto 4 lakhs
- In the some days before, ICICI Bank, India’s largest private lender, has been announced the digital credit card for the customer for their facility. At the time of the growth of the babnks this idea was facilited, especially in the unsecured loans segment.
- “This new offering enables a few lakhs of pre-qualified customers to instantly get the credit card number and other important details online, using which, he/she can immediately start shopping online, without having to wait for the physical card to arrive,” ICICI Bank said in a statement.
- “We continue to grow the unsecured credit card and personal loan portfolio, primarily driven by a focus on cross-selling to our existing customers,” Chanda Kochhar, MD and CEO of ICICI Bank had said after the first quarter results announcement.
- Anup Bagchi, Executive Director, ICICI Bank said, “With the festive season just around the corner, there will be many interesting offers with online partners in various categories like shopping, travel and entertainment among others. We believe that this unique proposition, which is a first of its kind in the industry, will empower our customers to instantly get the credit card online in a few steps and immediately start transacting on e-commerce sites to take advantage of the offers.”
- ICICI Bank is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, with its registered office in Vadodara
- CEO: Chanda Kochhar (1 May 2009–)
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India
- Founded: June 1994, Vadodara
- Revenue: 13 billion USD
- Subsidiaries: ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, ICICI Lombard
Science and Technology
New Species of Grass Snake Identified in Europe
- England is the place for the biggest and wild snakes, according to the scientist there is the not all three are believed. The barred grass snake, Natrix helvetica, has been found as the new species in its own right distinct from the common or eastern grass snake (Natrix natrix).
- “We studied two areas where different genetic lineages of the grass snake come into contact. We discovered that the barred grass snake, previously considered a subspecies, is in fact a distinct species (Natrix helvetica),” said Uwe Fritz, Director of the Senckenberg Natural History Collections in Germany.
- “The barred grass snake is widely distributed throughout Great Britain, Switzerland, Italy and France, and also occurs in the western part of Germany. Thus, the number of European snake species has increased by one. This showed once again how valuable these are. Modern methods such as genetics make it possible to gain entirely new insights from the collection specimens,” Fritz added.
- “This indicates the presence of reproductive barriers. They arise during the speciation process to prevent mismatched pairings among different species. These reproductive barriers and the narrow hybrid zone show that the barred grass snake constitutes a distinct species” said Fritz.
- England, birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles, is a country in the British Isles bordering Scotland and Wales
- The capital, London, on the River Thames, is home of Parliament, Big Ben and the 11th-century Tower of London
- It’s also a multicultural, modern hub for the arts and business
- Other large cities are Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Bristol and the university centres of Oxford and Cambridge
- Capital: London
- Dialing code: +44
- Currency: Pound sterling
- Population: 53.01 million (2011)
- Destinations: London, Lake District National Park, River Thames
Kynan Chenai won Bronze at 7th Asian Shortgun Championship
- India shooter Kynan Chenai has won the bronze in the men’s trap event, this medal is his first international medal at the senior level, at the 7th Asian Shotgun Championship in Astana, Kazakhstan.
- “Yeah I think it’s my first medal at the senior level…not very sure. Conditions were very tough, winds were at 60-70 kmph. The range layout was also difficult and with all the internal fighting going on inside my brain after a strenuous qualification, it was a tough final,” said Kynan.
- “Happy to have overcome all that and very happy to come out with this result. Also with the new rules of 50 targets in the finals, this was the first final I shot with the new rules. So really very happy,” he added.
- Before this the, Kynan has set his rank in the qualification round by the score of 69 out of 75. He then shot rounds of 23 and 24 to finish in the same position.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
‘Awards Chatter’ Podcast — John Boyega (‘Detroit’)
- The blockbuster movie, ‘Star Wars’ has been started its biggest discussion in the industry’s handling of diversity and representation, there is no any decided that what to be discussed in the, ‘The Last Jedi’ and what to do in the term of Kathryn Bigelow’s new drama about the 1967 Detroit riot as “the biggest movie of my career.”
- “I had nothing to do and I just needed work,” he recalls. “I felt like I needed an American version of Attack the Block, in some sense — a movie that would create buzz at the festivals and would get my name back into the conversation.”
- “He said he really loved my work in Attack the Block and he was goanna find me something to be in,” the actor recalls. “I didn’t take him seriously, to be honest with you.”
BJP MP from Ajmer and Former Union Minister Ajmer Sanwar Lal Jat passed away
- Former Union minister and BJP MP from Ajmer Sanwar Lal Jat has been died in the morning of the Wednesday in the AIIMS at the age of 62 years.
- “Anguished by the demise of MP & former Union minister, Sanwar Lal Jat. This is a big loss for the BJP & the nation. My condolences. Shri Sanwar Lal Jat worked extensively for wellbeing of villages & farmers. My thoughts are with his family & supporters in this sad hour,” he tweeted. In his message, Modi also said Jat worked extensively for the well-being of villages and farmers.
- The BJP MP has been get in the collpsed at the time of the meeting which was headed by the president Amit Shah in Jaipur last month. After this he get admitted in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Sawai Man Singh Hospital there and later airlifted to the AIIMS.
- The Bharatiya Janata Party is one of the two major political parties in India, along with the Indian National Congress
- President: Amit Shah
- Headquarters: 11 Ashoka Road, New Delhi – 110001
- Founded: 6 April 1980
- Newspaper: Kamal Sandesh
- Ideology: Integral humanism, Social conservatism, Conservatism, Hindu nationalism, Gandhian socialism, Hindutva
- Political position: Right-wing politics
11th August 1961: The Former Portuguese Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli were merged to Create the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- On 11th August in the year 1961 the former Portuguese territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli has been gathered and created the new unit of the Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- The civilians of the Dadra and Nagar Haveli have been beg the help from the Indian Government and K.G Badlani and for this the Indian Administrative Service officer has been sent over there for the being and administrative. Dadra and Nagar Haveli, at that timer it was under the administration of the Varishta Panchayat of Free Dadra and Nagar Haveli from 1954 to 1961.
- In 1961, the Indian Force has been rounded the areas of the Dadra and Nagar Haveli that was by the headed of the then Prime Minister of India was made the Head of State of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and this was the effort for the sign and agreement.
- In the last on 11th August in the year 1961, the then Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, finally included the Dadra and Nagar Haveli into the Republic of India as a Union Territory.
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli is a union territory in Western India
- It is composed of two separate geographical entities: Nagar Haveli, wedged between Maharashtra and Gujarat, and, 1 km to the northwest,
- Administrator: Praful Khoda Patel