India’s 1st Insect Museum Opened in Tamil Nadu
- A Rs 5 crore insect museum with the state-of-the-art amenities has been established by the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswamy at the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University here on Wednesday.
- This museum, has been developed and established at a 6,691 sqft area, is fully dedicated to insects and claimed to be the first of it’s in the country.
- In this museum there is the life of the insect has been shown and that is in the term of their growth and the life of the specified of the life, images, videos and models of their unique behavior, habits and habitats.
- The uniqueness of the museum is visible in the lobby, which has made on the theme of the, “BUGS ARE KINGS,” while the exhibiting area comprises seven radial walls (bay) on the right side and an undivided wall on the left side.
Jual Oram Launches Tribes India E-Commerce Portal And M-Commerce App
- The Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Shri Jual Oram launched ‘e-Tribes:Tribes India’, an initative for digital commerce at Tribes India Outlet at Mahadev Road, New Delhi today. It included launch of e-commerce portal of TRIFED, www.tribesindia.com and M-commerce, android app ‘Tribes India’.
- In a path breaking initiative, the Minister also launched the Tribes India banner on Snapdeal, Amazon, Paytm and GeM for marketing of Tribal Products through these e-commerce portals. With this, more than 55 thousand tribal artisans connected to TRIFED will get access to local as well as International markets. The Minister of State for Tribal affairs, Shri Jaswantsinh Sumanbhai Bhabhor and the Minister of State for Tribal affairs, Shri Sudarshan Bhagat and senior officers of the Ministry were also present on the occasion.
- Congratulating TRIFED for a sterling performance in retail sales during the current financial year 2017-18, Shri Jual Oram commended the dedicated team of officers for promoting e-commerce for tribal artisans, which will provide a window to National & International markets. TRIBES India has now started marketing tribal handicrafts on e-commerce portals namely, Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal and GeM, which will prove to be a game changer for tribal artisans, the Minister explained. The organisation has set up an ambitious retail sales target of Rs. 100 crores to be achieved during the year 2018-19, which is hoped to be achieved with the help of e-commerce. The Minister stated that no stone should be left un-turned in empowerment of tribals through trade and all steps be taken to ensure that they get full and timely payments.
- The Minister also lauded TRIFED for organising Aadi Mahotsavas in Delhi, Jaipur, Bhopal, Ranchi, Chandigarh and Guwahati, where almost 20,000 tribal artisans had the opportunity to directly link up with big markets and achieve sales of almost Rs. 5.00 crores. Each tribal artisan earned between Rs. 2.00 lakhs to Rs. 15 lakhs.
Ministry Of Power Joins Hands with Skill India To Support ‘Saubhagya’ Scheme
- A special project under the PMKVY launched in Six States – Assam, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha and Uttar Pradesh around 47,000 Distribution Lineman-Multi Skills and Technical Helpers will be trained in these six focus states to give fillip to rural electrification
- Giving a further fillip to the Government’s mission of bringing electricity to every household and to empower the rural youth, Ministry of Power partnered today with the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship to train the manpower in six states for speedy implementation of its SAUBHAGYA scheme.
- SAUBHAGYA (Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojna) aims to achieve universal household electrification in all parts of the country in a time bound manner. Around 4 crore households are expected to get electricity connections under the scheme.
- Thanking the Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Minister for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of State (IC) for Power and New and Renewable Energy, Shri R.K. Singh has said that this partnership would be of great help as lack of trained manpower has been the main constraint in speedy implementation of the Government’s electrification programme under SAUBHAGYA.
Department Of Posts Launches Cool EMS Service between India And Japan
- Ministry of Communications has launched the Cool EMS Service, which will come into force from 29.03.2018. Cool EMS service is one-way service from Japan to India, which allows customers in India to import Japanese food items for personal use, which is allowed under Indian regulations.
- Initially, Cool EMS Service will be available in Delhi only. Japan Post in special cool boxes containing refrigerant to preserve the quality of the food items will carry food items and addressee will collect them from Foreign Post office, Kotla Road, New Delhi in-person or through a messenger in the prescribed period.
- All other features like track and trace, etc. of Express Mail Service (EMS) will be available for Cool EMS service as well.
SARAS Aajeevika Mela 2018 Held In New Delhi
- DeendayalAntyodayaYojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) is one of the flagship programmes of the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India to alleviate rural poverty.
- The programme aims to organize the rural poor women into their own institutions like Self Help Groups and their federations, Producers’ Collectives etc. and also ensure their financial inclusion and livelihoods support.
- Since its launch in 2011, the Mission has spread to 4456 Blocks of 584 Districts, across 29 States and 5 Union Territories. Women from 4.7 crore of the poorest and marginalized families have been mobilized into 39.9 lakh Self Help Groups, which have been federated into 2.20 lakh Village Organizations and 19,000 Cluster Level Federations. Women’s Self-Help Groups have now accessed Rs.151, 000 crores of funds from banks.
- The Mission has succeeded in identifying and working with more than 33 lakh women farmers, to increase the productivity of farms and promote diversified livelihoods, especially by promoting entrepreneurship.
MKSP focuses on agriculture, non-timber forest produce and livestock interventions. It provides three kind of services to the farmers, namely:
- Extension services
- Training capacity building and handholding services
- Facilitation for convergence with other line department to access the benefit from other schemes/ programmes.
BANKING AND FINANCE
India and ADB Sign $80 Million Loan Agreement
- Multi-lateral funding agency Asian Development Bank (ADB) has given the approval for the USD 80 million loan for hill state Himachal Pradesh to fund modernisation of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions and improve skills ecosystem to help boost employability of the youth.
- ADB and the central government on Wednesday has signed the USD 80 million loan agreement, signed by Sameer Kumar Khare, Joint Secretary (Multilateral Institutions), Finance Ministry and Kenichi Yokoyama, ADB Country Director in India.
- “By this program there will be the support of the government of Himachal’s skills policy to guide the reform and scale-up skills development efforts in the state,” Khare said.
- “In this there will be the short term and the long term of the funding that will growth areas including cars, electronics, pharmaceutical, tourism and hospitality, banking and financial services, healthcare to help state youth enhance their skillsets and get better paying jobs,” he said.
- Manila-headquartered ADB there is the need of the state more than the 5-lakh skilled workers by 2022 across various trades.
- The Himachal Pradesh Skills Development Project has been going to stop this information by providing support in developing relevant and good quality TVET programmes, thereby improving job prospects of nearly 65,000 youths from 2017 to 2022.
Google Acquires GIF Search Platform Tenor
- Google has been going to be implant the Tenor, that will aquire the many of the GIF keyboards on phones and messengers like Facebook Messenger, the companies announced on Wednesday.
- Tenor has been going to continue this by the term of the working condition in the Google, the company said in a blog post. Tenor has got the increment in the post by the term of the search and the search company, using that as a metric for engagement and success as users tap into a massive database of GIFs.
- The company said that it has obtained just the 12 billion searches every month, and is one of the first major exits for a small but relatively hot space around tools that allow users to easily share GIFs. The company works with advertisers to create sponsored GIFs that will show in the search, which are usually pretty compact and offer an opportunity to generate a lot of engagement.
- GIFs have increasingly been pretty interesting because give an opportunity to compress a lot of information into something that’s easily shareable. Tenor CEO David McIntosh has said that the company has been offering the emotions that is really in term of the implementation of the existance.
Science and Technology
Vijay Raghavan Appointed Principal Scientific Advisor to Government
- K Vijay Raghavan, one of the most distinguished biologists of the country, on Monday had appointed as the Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India. He has been going to replace the 81-year-old nuclear physicist R Chidambaram, who was working from the 16 years, having been appointed in the year 2001. VijayRaghavan (64), until recently Secretary in the Department of Biotechnology, has been going to take the appoint for three years. “Yes, I have been appointed. I have not yet taken over. I hope to join soon,” VijayRaghavan told The Indian Express.
- The Principal Scientific Advisor (PSA), this post has been decided the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government in the year 1999 relates the topmost advisor to the government on all matters related to scientific policy.
- The office of the PSA is one of the three scientific bodies the government has presented it for the science and which act as the interface between scientific institutions and the government. The other two are Science Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (SAC-PM) and Science Advisory Council to the Cabinet (SAC-C).
- By the default SAC-PM nor SAC-C have been functional under this government, which did not re-constitute these bodies after coming to power. The Defence Minister has a Scientific Advisor of its own.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Indu Bhushan Appointed CEO Of Ayushman Bharat Mission
- The government has been going to install the precise of the insurance companies and other key stakeholders like hospitals and medical professionals that is more than the days. In this meeting there will be the talk of the tenders and the major inclusions and exclusions.
- Indu Bhushan has been appointed as the Chief Executive of Ayushman Bharat National Health Protection Mission on contract basis for 2 years.