India unveils third National Wildlife Action Plan for 2017-2031
- India has started the some of the third National Wildlife Action Plan for 2017-2031 on Monday spelling out the future road map for wildlife conservation.
- The after second plan has been get in the action after the release of the third plan that is in the year 1983 and second from 2002 till 2016. The third National Wildlife Action Plan is the one of the most like the first time India has recognised the concerns relating to climate change impact on wildlife and stressed on integrating actions that need to be taken for its mitigation and adaptation into wildlife management planning processes.
- This plan has been come in the act after the environment minister Dr Harsh Vardhan on the inaugural day of the Global Wildlife Programme (GWP) conference on Monday. The GWP, initiated in 2015, is a World-Bank led partnership of 19 countries to promote the conservation and sustainable development by combating trafficking in wildlife. The four-day conference will give India an opportunity to get acquainted with best practices on the management of wildlife habitats and minimising human-wildlife conflict situations.
- This force has been put by the mans in the month of February in the last year 2016 by environment ministry. This plan was drafted by a 12-member committee chaired by JC Kala, a former secretary to the ministry. The plan adopts a “landscape approach”in conservation of all wildlife – uncultivated flora and fauna – that have an ecological value to the ecosystem and to mankind irrespective of where they occur. It gives special emphasis to recovery o threatened species of wildlife while conserving their habitats.
- The National Wildlife Federation is the United States’ largest private, nonprofit conservation education and advocacy organization, with over six million members and supporters, and 51 state and territorial affiliated organizations
- Headquarters: Virginia, United States
- Founder: Ding Darling
- Founded: February 1936
- CEO: Collin O’Mara (7 Jul 2014–)
- Awards: Telly Award for Internet/Online Programs, Segments, or Promotional Pieces Online Video – Nature/Wildlife
Odisha government creating land bank for industrial allocation
- The state government of Odisha has started the construction of the 1.2 lakh acre land bank across the state for the benifical of the country for the terms of the repeatation that will repeat of the Posco fiasco. In order to cut red tape and wrangling with local issues in the land acquisition process, the state government is acquiring government land for industrial use and proposes to offer it with all facilities in place.
- “It is a plug-and-play kind of model wherein the facilities related to water, power, roads and all clearances are in place. The companies need to only make the payment of base premium upfront for the land and the annual rent for rest of the 90 years (their lease),” Odisha principal secretary for industry, Sanjeev Chopra, told ET. “Odisha government has created a huge land bank and has identified areas across the state to bring under one umbrella for the industrial sector.
- “Already, the land bank has reached 57,655 acres. With the creation of the land bank, the industry department is looking for investment in various sectors including steel, aluminium, agro and food processing based units, apparel, IT and plastic units that will further create employment potential,” Chopra said. The government has already taken advance possession of 8,725 acres.
- Chopra said the incentives are based on the investments and employment opportunities created by the project proponents. The industries department of Odisha had held talks with over 70 companies from Odisha, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala and Maharashtra seeking investments from the downstream steel sector.
- Odisha has presence of large steel and stainless steel players like Tata Steel, Jindal Stainless Ltd, Jindal Steel & Power Ltd and Bhushan Steel that is expected to ensure raw material for the downstream metal sector like equipment manufacturing, foundries, flat/cold rolled products, fabrication, machining and precision equipment, appliances and white goods, auto components, fasteners and kitchenware in Kalinganagar.
- Odisha (formerly Orissa), an eastern Indian state on the Bay of Bengal, is known for its tribal cultures and its many ancient Hindu temples
- The capital, Bhubaneswar, is home to hundreds of temples, notably the intricately-carved Mukteshvara
- The Lingaraj Temple complex, dating to the 11th century, is set around sacred Bindusagar Lake
- The Odisha State Museum is focused on the area’s history and environment.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Official song: Bande Utkala Janani
1st community toilet for third gender inaugurated in Bhopal
- A public toilet exclusively for third gender has been first time constructed in the Madhya Pradesh capital Bhopal on Monday that has initiated for the boost in the transgender rights. After Mysore, Bhopal is the second city in the country at where the two separate toilet has been constructed for the community.
- “Often people’s reaction create awkward situation for us while using public toilets. We are happy to finally get recognition and respect,” a member of the community, Kareena, who uses only her first name, said.
- Chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said, “More such toilets will be constructed in MP.”
- “Members of the third gender have the necessary quality to inspire people. I am requesting you to develop songs to spread message of cleanliness among masses and hold campaign in rural and urban areas of the state,” the chief minister said.
- “We are giving equal treatment and respect to third gender community. We have also sought their suggestions for smart city project and are incorporating them in the plan,” said Sharma.
NHAI launches 50 Free Eye Check-up camps on National Highways
- The Minister of Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari has inaugaurates the countrywide Free Eye Check-up Campaign and distribution of spectacles for truck drivers, cleaners and helpers on 2nd October, 2017 at Panjari Toll Plaza, Nagpur Bypass, Nagpur in Maharashtra.
- The main aim of this event is to clearer vision and safe travel for truck drivers who are the most frequent users of national highways.
- Eyesight is the main and basic need of the safe driving.Because of the poor or the bad vision there are the many of the accident has been done. The NHAI has decided to launch a Free Eye Check-up Campaign and distribute spectacles for truck drivers, cleaners and helpers on the 2nd October 2017, which will continue for 5 days i.e. till 6th October.
- Free Eye Check-up Camps for drivers is one of the many innovative programmes undertaken by NHAI to ensure safe travel along national highways. This initiative is expected to reduce the number of accidents involving trucks and encourage regional staff and NGOs to set up such camps on regular basis.
- The National Highways Authority of India is an autonomous agency of the Government of India, responsible for management of a network of over 50,000 km of National Highways in India
- Founded: 1988
- Sector: Indian National Highway System
- Purpose: Development and maintenance of national highways
- Jurisdiction: India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Agency executive: Yudhvir Singh Malik (Chairman)
Sumitra Mahajan attended special parliamentary session in Sri Lanka
- Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan has been going to get the special parliamentary session in Sri Lanka that is being decided to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the establishment of Parliament there.
- The Sri Lankan Parliament has been also doing the work of the host of eighth conference of the association of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (Saarc) Speakers and Parliamentarians. The association of the Saarc Speakers and Parliamentarians is the place that is for the parliamentarians of South Asia to work together to reach the 2030 agenda for “Sustainable Development”.
- Mahajan has been work as the main of the Indian parliamentary delegation to the conference to be held in Colombo between October 4-6. She will deliver the lead speech on the importance and need for parliamentarians of South Asia to work together to reach the 2030 agenda for “Sustainable Development”.
BANKING & FINANCE
Freyr Energy ties up with Axis Bank
- Freyr Energy, which is the energy provider, that has been get the partnership with the Axis Bank to offer term loan facility ranging from Rs 5 lakhs to Rs 50 lakhs for up to 5-years tenure to its customers in Goa.
- This event of the signed can be led to Freyr Energy’s customers reduce their power bills drastically, and that is also there is the affordablity. This loan has been given to the medium, small and micro enterprises (MSMEs) and self-employed individuals to install their solar rooftops for industrial and commercial purposes.
- “This loan program will help MSMEs significantly reduce their electricity bills. Going forward, we will continue working on innovative financial instruments to improve affordability. This will help India move closer to achieving the renewable energy target of 40GW of solar rooftop installations,” co-founder and managing director Freyr Energy Saurabh Marda said.
- Freyr’s mobile app SunPro will ignore the entire problem that will come in the design, pricing, proposal generation and makes it easier to sell a solar system, while ensuring the customer gets the best product possible.
- Axis Bank Ltd is the third largest of the private-sector banks in India offering a comprehensive suite of financial products
- The bank has its head office in Mumbai and Registered office in Ahmedabad
- Customer service: 1800 209 5577
- CEO: Shikha Sharma
- Chairperson: Dr. Sanjiv Misra (Part Time)
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Director: Usha Sangwan
- Subsidiaries: Axis Direct, A.Treds Limited, Axis Capital Limited,
SEBI bans Orion Capital, Orion Broking from markets for 10 yrs
- Markets regulator Sebi on Friday has been created the Orion Capital as well as Orion Broking and that have the partner of the 10 years for has been getting low for the some of the non- settlement of funds due to the clients.
- “Orion Capital and Debt Market and Orion Broking Services India have failed to redress the investor grievances till date,” Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) said in an order.
- “Arbitration Awards were passed against Orion Capital and Orion Broking and none of the Awards has been implemented by the notices,” it added.
- “In view of the gravity of the violations perpetrated by Orion Capital, Orion Broking and their partners … I am of the opinion that they should not be allowed to have access to the securities market in view of the possible danger to the investors at large,” he added.
- Accordingly, Sebi has restrained Orion Capital, Orion Broking, Johnson Puthiaparambil Jose, Cinzy Johnson and Joseph Puthiaparambil Chacko from “buying, selling or otherwise dealing in the securities market, directly or indirectly in whatsoever manner for a period of 10 years”.
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India is the regulator for the securities market in India
- It was established in the year 1988 and given statutory powers on 30 January 1992 through the SEBI Act, 1992
- Founded: 12 April 1992
- Sector: Securities market
- Jurisdiction: India
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Agency executive: Ajay Tyagi (Chairman)
- Type: Statutory corporation
Rajiv Gauba appointed as Union Home Secretary
- Seasoned bureaucrat Rajiv Gauba has been taken the charge on Friday as the Union Home Secretary after superannuation of incumbent Rajiv Mehrishi. He is the year 1982-batch IAS officer of Jharkhand cadre, 58-year-old Mr Gauba will have a fixed two-year tenure in the sensitive post, a home ministry official said.
- Mr Gauba has the big experience of the making and programme implementation in both central and state governments and in international organisations. Born in Punjab in 1959, Mr Gauba had graduated in Physics from Patna University.
- Mr Gauba has also served in the central government’s ministries of home, defence, finance, environment and forests and department of electronics and information technology in different positions.
- He had also served as district magistrate of Gaya, Nalanda and Muzzaffarpur districts before Jharkhand was carved out of Bihar. He represented India on the board of International Monetary Fund for four years.
Science and Technology
IIT Researchers develops bio artificial implantable pancreas
- Researchers of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) at Guwahati have successfully created bio artificial pancreas model grown and which is implantable within a 3D silk scaffold.
- The “pancreas” in animal is encapsulates insulin-producing cells and it is capable of producing insulin in a sustained manner naturally.
- If this implantation is successful in animal and human then it can be used to treating the people who are suffering with type 1 diabetes.
- This silk scaffold found as a biocompatible which is not toxic to living tissue and it did not trigger any immune reaction and cause any adverse reaction when implanted in animal body.
- Type 1 diabetes arises in the body when immune system kills the insulin-producing beta cells.
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati is a public institution established by the Government of India, located in Guwahati, in the state of Assam in India.
- Campus size: 2.849 km²
- Director: Gautam Biswas
- Founded: 1994
Rediscovering Dhoni at 36
- Out of six-century partnerships for India in India vs shri Lanka series, three have come in the middle order and all three century have involved Dhoni.
- One century Dhoni involved with top-order batsman Rohit Sharma, one century Dhoni involved with middle-order batsman Manish Pandey and one more with a lower-order member Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
- In the second and the third ODIs Dhoni came in before 20 overs when India were chasing and Dhoni came in the fourth game close to the 40th over when the visitors were batting first.
- Dhoni is at the age of 36 and seeing his progress in the ODIs against Sri Lanka and Dhoni looks set to add more to 300 ODI caps.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Bleacher Report’s 2017 Expert Consensus NFL Preseason Awards
- In the next week, there is the Kansas City Chiefs that will get the eliminated the 2017 season by traveling to Fox borough to face the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots.
- “I think the first three weeks have gone well for us,” Carroll said. “I like that we have made progress and that the games kind of look the same in a number of areas. We continue to find a lot of stuff that we have to clean up and work on, but in general, we have been making progress. I like some of the consistency that has shown up but yet we are trying to improve of course.”
- “What I like about what he’s done is how he’s used Russell Wilson,” he said. “It’s always a tricky proposition how you play your starting quarterback in preseason, but Carroll found that balance.”
- Gary Davenport, NFL Analyst
- Doug Farrar, NFL Lead Scout
- Mike Freeman, NFL National Lead Writer
- Brad Gagnon, NFL Analyst
- Matt Miller, NFL Draft Lead Writer
- Brent Sobleski, NFL Analyst
- Mike Tanier, NFL National Lead Writer
- Sean Tomlinson, NFL Analyst
Mike Cockerill, well-known football journalist, dies of cancer
- The legend of the Football journalist and Football Federation Australia Hall of Fame member Mike Cockerill has died at the age 56 year due to Cancer.
- Former Socceroo Robbie Slater said, “Mike was greatly respected. A really top man. We pass on all our best to his family. He was a very, very special person to me. I’ve known him since I was 17. It’s a huge shock to me. He was doing the FFA Cup only four weeks ago and he’s been struck down. It happened very, very quickly.”
- About him there was the note has written in the book of the 2006, and that has been get in the understanding of the later, was the central role Mike played in the evolution of Australia football. With this, he has fought in the two of the fought for the game when doing so was a lot harder than it has been for the rest of us in recent times.
Man Booker Prize Winning Author Kiran Desai is born
- On 3rd September in the year 1971, Man Booker prize winning author Kiran Desai had born. Kiran Desai who is the daughter of the Anita Desai, who was the great writer and the Booker Prize nominee in her own right.
- In the term of the, The Inheritance of Loss, Desai has been said that the character which she use in her writes or the notes that are that drew inspiration from the journeys of her grandparents and her own travels between East and West. In the other statement, she told about her that this life of her is not accident, but her inheritance.
- In the year 2006, Desai has published her second book titled ‘The Inheritance of Loss’ which received immense praise by critics across Asia, Europe and the United States.