Foundation for Poverty-Free India to be laid by 2022: NITI Aayog
- Niti Aayog has created the presentation and said on Sunday there has been the necessery to take the freedom from the six things that is the poverty, dirt, corruption, terrorism, casteism and communalism — will be laid by 2022 when India celebrates 75 years of Independence.
- The presentation published on its website “made a detailed case for making development a mass movement and thereby, laying a firm foundation by 2022 for achieving a New India and securing the six freedoms (poverty, dirt, corruption, terrorism, casteism and communalism),” Niti Aayog Vice-Chairman Rajiv Kumar said.
- In the term of other things like education and skill development, it says India should have 20 world-class higher education institutions by 2022. In this there has also be the visual of the villages selected under Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY) should attain model village status by 2022.
- The presentation, that has created, was made by the Kumar at Conference of Governors last month, talked about a New India by 2022 which would be free from poverty, dirt, corruption, terrorism, casteism and communalism.
- NITI Aayog, also known as the backronym for the National Institution for Transforming India, is a Government of India policy think-tank established by the NDA government to replace the Planning Commission which followed the top-down model
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
- CEO: Amitabh Kant (Jan 2015–)
- Founded: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Parent agency: Government of India
- Predecessor: Planning Commission
First Heli Expo India & International Civil Helicopter Conclave in New Delhi
- The 1st Heli Expo India and International Civil Helicopter Conclave-2017 has been set and started at New Delhi today by the Uttrakhand Tourism Minister Shri Satpal Maharaja ji in the presence of the Secretary, Civil Aviation Shri R.N. Choubey, CMD Pawan Hans, Dr. B. P. Sharma and other dignitaries. There has been the first thing of the Pawan Hans Magazine Aviation Today is also unveiled by the chief guests on this occasion.
- Speaking on the occasion, the Uttarakhand Tourism Minister said, “The helicopter taxi services have a huge potential for enforcing law and order, air ambulance services, to check forest fire and can provide better connectivity to religious and tourist destinations located in rough terrain of hilly areas.”
- On this occasion the Secretary, Civil Aviation Shri R.N. Choubey said, “India has achieved a growth rate of about 20% in domestic air travel section in the last three years, which is the highest growth rate in the world Civil Aviation Sector.” He said, “However, that this growth rate is confined to fixed wing traffic only and the helicopter traffic is much less in India.”
- He said, “The National Civil Aviation Policy tries to address this gap. As per the new NCAP, helicopters are free to fly from point to point without prior ATC clearance in airspace below 5000 feet.” Shri Choubey said, “The aviation agencies should start exploring the option to start helicopter taxi services between Delhi -NCR and other North Indian States.”
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation of Government of India is the nodal Ministry responsible for the formulation of national policies and programmes for development and regulation of Civil Aviation
- Website: civilaviation.gov.in
- Jurisdiction: India
- Headquarters: Rajiv Gandhi Bhawan, New Delhi
- Cabinet minister: Ashok Gajapathi Raju
- Minister of state: Jayant Sinha
Two-day Sagar Kavach exercise starts on November 8 in Goa
- The two-day Coastal Security Exercise ‘Sagar Kavach’ has get ready for the November 8 and 9, 2017 to provide seamless seaward cover along the Goa Coast jointly by all security agencies from coastal belt area line to the limit of territorial water i.e 12 nautical miles.
- In this exercise there should be also the focus on the matter of the coastal fishing community in serving as ‘Eye and Ears’ for early warning of seaward threat. At the time of the facility of the Drishti lifeguards, present at the beaches of Goa, will also be utilized for same purpose.
- These Coastal Security exercise is being conducted and coordinated by Indian Coast Guard, District Headquarter at Goa.
- In this many of the agencies like the Indian Coast Guard, Indian Navy, Goa Police, Goa Coastal Security Intelligence Agencies, MPT, Ports Administration Department, CISF and Customs etc. will take part in this exercise. Intelligence and infiltration has been come on the structure and alertness and preparedness of the entire stakeholder including people of Goa will be tested.
- By this exercise there will the many of the stakeholders and opportunity to fine tune standard operating procedure and test new operation concepts for coastal security.
Balijatra festival begins in Cuttack, Odisha
- The annual ‘Balijatra’ festival has been started by the Health and Law Minister Pratap Jena at Gadagadia ghat here on the banks of river Mahanadi.
- The week-long famous fair on an area of 30 acres on the river bank and that will start till the November 10. It got the nod from east zone bench of National Green Tribunal for the second time this year.
- “We will ensure that the festival would in no way pollute or block the free-flow of river water”, said Cuttack Municipal Corporation, Commissioner, Bikash Mohapatra.
- “Over one lakh revelers thronged the fair grounds on the inaugural day and we expect the festival would witness footfall of over three lakh revellers every day”, said the newly appointed DCP Traffic Srikrushna Sasmal.
- DCP City Akhileswar Singh said, “Around 50 platoons (one platoon comprise 30 personnel) of armed police, including quick action team, anti-liquor squad, anti sabotage and anti terrorists squads will be deployed in and around the festival grounds.”
Five-ship Indian naval training flotilla on visit to Colombo
- A five-ship Indian naval training flotilla that is based on that has taking the visit to the Sri Lanka to foster “bridges of friendship” between the two countries and expose their trainees to foreign waters.
- “The vessels, belonging to the First Training Squadron of the Indian Navy and functioning under the Southern Naval Command (SNC) headquartered here, began a five-day visit to Colombo yesterday,” a defence release said today.
- The visit is “to expose the trainees to the conduct of warship in foreign waters, port familiarisation and foster bridges of friendship between the two countries”, it said.
- “The officers of the visiting ships called on Commander of Sri Lankan Navy Vice Admiral S S Ranasinghe yesterday,” the release said.
- “The SNC, headed by Vice Admiral A R Karve, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, has gained the reputation of being the finest training destination by maintaining a focused approach to provide high quality training and by constant adaptation to evolving tactics and technologies,” it added.
- The Indian Naval Academy is the initial officer training establishment of the Indian Navy and the Indian Coast Guard, located in Ezhimala, Kannur district, Kerala
- Address: Ezhimala, Kannur, Kerala 670310
- Phone: 04985 225 444
- Motto: “Vidyayaa Amrutam Ashnute” “विद्ययाऽमृतमश्नुते” (Sanskrit, “Shaping future Naval Leadership…”)
- Founded: May 1969
- Undergraduates: 1,200
- Commandant: Vice Admiral SV Bhokare
- Affiliations: Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi, All India Council for Technical Education
Col Rajyavardhan Rathore to attend World Youth Forum at Sharam El Shiekh, Egypt
- The Minister of State (Independent Charge) Youth Affairs and Sports Col. Rajyavardhan Rathore has started his journey to attend the World Youth Forum, scheduled to be held at Sharam El Shiekh, Egypt. Col Rathore has been deputed on behalf of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to represent the country at the Forum.
- The five-day forum has been going to start by the President of Egypt Mr Abdelfateh El Sisi tomorrow. The Summit segment is expected to be attended by the Heads of State/Government, Ministers of youth from 14 countries and Representatives of UN, Arab League and African Union. The Forum aims to provide a platform to the youth from all over the globe to engage with the key global policy makers.
- The forum will take the roles of the business and innovation, challenges and making of future leaders, gender equity and women empowerment among other things.
Banking and Finance
ICICI Bank teams with Apple to launch voice-based international remittance service for NRIs
- ICICI Bank, the country’s largest private sector bank by consolidated assets, has launched the voice-based international remittance service on its Money2India application.
- This will be helpful for the Non-Resident Indian (NRI) customer of ICICI Bank to send money to any bank in India via just a simple voice command to Apple’s virtual voice assistant, Siri, on his/her Apple iPhone/iPad.
- “At ICICI Bank, our philosophy is ‘Ready For You. Ready For Tomorrow’, wherein we are committed to offering innovative products and services to our customers at the fastest possible speed and with the highest level of convenience. The integration of our Money2India remittance app with Apple’s Siri is an outcome of this vision,” said Executive Director, ICICI Bank, Vijay Chandok.
- “We are offering our NRI customers a unique combination of speed and an enriched experience of executing a transaction by just a voice command. We are the first in India and among few banks globally to enable customers to initiate a cross-border remittance with just a simple voice command. We believe, these new features will appeal to the global diaspora due to an enhanced customer experience thereby leading to a manifold increase in remittances through our platform,” added Chandok.
- ICICI Bank, stands for Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India, is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, with its registered office in Vadodara
- CEO: Chanda Kochhar (1 May 2009–)
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India
- Founded: June 1994, Vadodara
- Profit: US$1.5 billion (2017)
- Subsidiaries: ICICI Lombard, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance,
Rs 10,000 crore MoU signed between Government of India & Patanjali
- A memorandum of understanding (MoU) of Rs 10, 000 Crore has been signed between the Government of India (GoI) and Patanjali on Friday at the World Food India 2017.
- Speaking to ANI, Acharya Balkrishna said, “World Food India 2017 is a great initiative. This will generate new opportunities. This event will help people.”
- “In our country there are lots of issues and adulteration in food is one of them. Duplicity is more dangerous than adulteration. Even foods not been processed in one of the issue. Hope steps will be taken up to deal with these issues”, he added.
- Meanwhile, Harsimrat Kaur Badal, the Union Cabinet Minister of Food Processing also asserted, ” This event that has brought together stakeholders from all food value chains to collaborate the increase in food processing in India.”
- “Since food processing sector is the largest employment generator so youngsters of our country will get access to employment. Besides generating revenue this will help in the development of the country,” she added.
- Patanjali Ayurved Limited is an Indian FMCG company
- Manufacturing units and headquarters are located in the industrial area of Haridwar while the registered office is located at Delhi
- The company manufactures mineral and herbal products
- Customer service: 01334 227 444
- Founded: 2006
- Revenue: 105.6 billion INR (2016–2017, US$1.6 billion)
- Headquarters: Haridwar
- Number of employees: 200,000 (2011–2012)
- Founders: Ramdev, Balkrishna
Delhi PWD Secretary Ashwani Kumar to be new Chief Secretary of Puducherry
- Ashwani Kumar, principal secretary in the Public Works Department, who was the effective news holder by the AAP government over a range of issues, that has been now headed for Puducherry as chief secretary. The current Puducherry CS, Manjo Kumar Parida, who was working as the Delhi government will return to the capital.
- Ashwani Kumar, now serving the government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi as the PWD Principal Secretary, is the new Chief Secretary for Puducherry according to orders posted on the website of the Union Ministry of Home Affairs, which is the cadre controlling authority of officers of the AGMUT (Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territories) joint cadre.
- “It is impossible to work and deliver results in an atmosphere vitiated by this constant feuding….and with all sorts of allegations flying thick and fast, it was getting risky for any honest officer to work without tainting his career and reputation” Mr. Parida told in trhe report of the media.
- “My only regret was not being able to deliver more because of the deterioration in work culture when two top Constitutional heads are locked in confrontation,” Mr. Parida said.
Science and Technology
Launch of Food Regulatory Portal and “Nivesh Bandhu” An Investor Facilitation Portal
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industries, Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal has take the head of the Press Conference detailing about the activities to be undertaken in the World Food India 2017 Expo, here today.
- Speaking on the occasion, Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal said, “World Food India is a mega event which would showcase the entire value chain in the food sector. 160 Global CEOs will come under one roof. Globally & Nationally it is one of the biggest event. This event is expected to generate Rs. 65000 Crore worth of investment and 10 lakh jobs.”
- She also said, “This event will take the varied flavours of India to the world and showcase the healthy multigrain ‘khichadi’ to the visitors. There has not been any mega event before of this scale where FDI commitment has got crystallized even before the start of the event.” “We have a vision of transforming Indian food economy and doubling farmer’s income by bringing latest technologies evolution and best practices into the system in keeping with the vision articulated by Honourable Prime Minister” said the Minister. “We are working towards easing the process of doing business for Global and Domestic industry players as well as bringing in new talent to achieve India’s greatest potential in the coming years” she said.
- Illustrative list of Industry Captains participating in World Food India from across the globe and India includes Mr Paul Bulcke , Chairman of the Board of Directors, Nestle, Mr Pieter Boone, Chief Operating Officer & CEO, Metro Cash and Carry, Mr Brian J McNamara, CEO, GSK Consumer Healthcare, Ms. Amanda Sourry, President, Food Unilever; Mr.Sharafuddin Sharaf, Al – Sharaf Group; Mr.Yusuff Ali, Managing Director, LuLu Group, Mr Kishore Biyani, CEO, Future Group; Mr Krish Iyer, CEO, Walmart India; Mr Amit Agrawal, CEO, Amazon, India to name a few
Aditi wins in Abu Dhabi for her third LET title
- Aditi Ashok has won the one of the most prestigious in itself that is the Fatima bint Mubarak Ladies Open on Saturday. The Indian teenager, had gone in the final round leading by two shots, prevailed by one shot on 18-under from England’s Georgia Hall, who was runner-up for the second successive year at the event at Saadiyat Beach Golf Club.
- “It wasn’t really nerves, I think I lapsed for a bit and missed the putt,” said Ashok.
- “I was playing okay all day but wasn’t making as many birdie putts as I wanted to but I’m happy I came out on top.”
- “I figured out I only had a one-shot lead and I was kind of, in between two clubs, whether I should go over the waters or go from the left,” she said. “I decided to go from the left and it worked.”
- “I’m a little disappointed, I thought to myself I needed eight under today and I was ticking them off in my head,” Hall, 21, said.
- “I hit the ball great all week but putted really badly, and didn’t hole anything today. But Aditi played great again and managed to par the last, so well done to her.”
Awards and Recognitions
India’s Sharath Kamal & Sathiyan bag bronze in Belgium Open
- Indias Achanta Sharath Kamal and G Sathiyan has won the bronze medal each at the prestigious 2017 Challenge Belgium Open Table Tennis tournament here.
- Kamal and Sathiyan get loose the first game 7-11 but in another round he lget comes with the strong, to win the next two games 11-7 11-5. They, however, couldnt sustain the momentum and lost the next two games 5- 11, 5-11 to miss an opportunity to make the final. They first beat the Belgian team of Thibaut Darcis and Lauric Jean 3-0 (11-7, 11-6, 11-7) and then got the better of Swedens Harald Andersson and Simon Arvidsson 11-8, 11-8, 11- 6. Indias Sanil Shetty too had a good run in the tournament, beating higher ranked players and going all the way to the quarterfinals.
- He beat seventh-seeded Cedric Nuytinck of Belgium 4-3 (11-8, 7-11, 12-10, 11-5, 2-11, 5-11, 11-9) and ninth-seeded Cheng-Ting Liao of Taipei 4-0 (8-11, 11-9, 12-10, 11-7, 11-7). Both Cedric and Cheng-Ting are many higher-ranked players too, World No. 70 and 72 to Shettys own 180. He fell to Germanys Ricardo Walther and missed out on a well-deserved medal. He lost 1-4 (7-11, 3-11, 11-5, 7-11, 6- 11). Indian duo of Manika Batra and Mouma Das too did well to make the quarters.
- They overcame the Taipei pair of Yu-Wen Huang and Yu-Jhun Li 3-2 (11-5, 9-11, 11-9, 10-12, 11-4) but went down to another Taipei pair, Hsien-Tzu Cheng and Hsing-Yin Liu 1-3 (6 -11, 11-5, 9-11, 10-12) in a closely fought encounter.
Popular teen singer, vlogger Hannah Stone dies in Syracuse
- Popular Central New York-based singer and vlogger Hannah Stone has been died ate the age of 16 years.
- The Daily Mail reports Stone, of Whitesboro, has gave the report that she has died by the suicide on November 1st, after taking a month-long break from social media in October. Additional details were not available, but one of her final tweets said “I’ll never be able to describe how sorry I am.”
- Edwin Burgos wrote: “Please always check up on someone no matter what. just make sure they are okay, you never know what someone’s going thru. You have a purpose in this world. You are important. You are loved. If you think no one cares, know that I do. Never forget that. RIP H.”