Bihar government to set up ‘State Ayush Society’ to boost alternative medicine
- The Bihar government on Tuesday has given its permitt for the “State Ayush Society” to give a boost to alternative medicine in the state.
- “Approval was given for extending the contracts of those providing technical services in the health department till March 31, 2019,” he said. “Another decision taken at the meeting was related to setting up of an industrial training institute in Banka district as part of the Skill Development scheme in districts affected by Left Wing Extremism,” Mehrotra said.
- “Approval was also given for releasing Rs 48 crore for the construction of a multi-purpose hall-cum-garden on the occasion of 350th “Prakash Parv” of Guru Gobind Singh. The work will be carried out by the state building construction department,” Mehrotra said.
- Besides, a proposal for setting up a total of 14 new fire brigade stations across the state was also given green signal. Of these, one fire station each will be set up in Bela, Jethuli and Barari industrial areas of Muzaffarpur, Hajipur (Vaishali) and Bhagalpur districts.
- “In addition, three fire brigade stations have been approved for Fatuha, Pataliputra and Sipara in Patna district and one each at Mojahidpur (Bhagalpur), Bhagwanpur (Muzaffarpur), Manpur (Gaya), Laheriyasarai (Darbhanga), near J P University (Chhapra), Jamalpur (Munger), Sonebarsa (Saharsa) and Gulabbagh (Purnea),” Mehrotra said.
- Bihar is a state in East India, bordering Nepal
- It is divided by the River Ganges, which floods its fertile plains
- Important Buddhist pilgrimage sites include the Bodhi Tree in Bodhgaya’s Mahabodhi Temple, under which the Buddha allegedly meditated
- In the state capital Patna, Mahavir Mandir temple is revered by Hindus, while Sikhs worship at the domed, riverside Gurdwara of Takht Sri Harmandir Sahib Ji
- Capital: Patna
- Additional official language: Urdu
- HDI rank: 16th (2010)
Dantewada Holds India’s 1st Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit
- India’s first Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit has been organised at the Chhattisgarh on Tuesday, in that here are the some of the, nurture and promote the spirit of entrepreneurship among the tribal youth.
- Union MoS Science and Technology YS Chowdhary has started the event and that is organised by the NITI Aayog in partnership with Government of United States of America. This event has been join at the part of the 8th Global Entrepreneurship Summit being held in India.
- The summit witnessed the participation of tribal entrepreneurs from various sectors across the country and abroad. The summit has been addressed by eminent speakers from NITI Aayog, health and agri-pharma sectors.
- In that there are the emphasised has been the some of the generating livelihood opportunities for tribal.
Indians second-highest public bingers in the world: Study
- In the recent survey that has done by the Netflix, in that the Indians are the second-highest public bingers in the world (88%), just behind Mexico (89%). In the term of the use of the Netflix to stream and download content, private binge behaviors are now on public display.
- By this survey, 71% Indians are bingeing in public more than last year. The binge watching on Netflix is being carried out primarily on trains (65%), buses (58%) or on a flight (52%). In this the survey has also said that the half (50%) of public bingers in India have had a stranger interrupt their show or movie to start a conversation about what they’re watching. In the two indian the one Indians download their binge for their daily commute.
- Over 72% Indians have laughed out loud, 26% have cried in public, and 29% have acted surprised while watching their preferred shows. Indians have also voted OTT content amongst the top five travel essentials (44%), along with wifi (48%) and a comfortable seat (49%), a charger (41%) and food (37%).
- The sample was balanced by age and gender and representative of an adult online population who watch movies and TV shows via streaming services in public settings in The United States, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, India, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Philippines, Poland, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand and Turkey.
US Consulate General launches for young entrepreneurs
- The United States Consulate General, Kolkata, in the term of the some of the teamed with the social enterprise Contact Base, on Thursday launched a youth entrepreneurship initiative in four cities of east India Guwahati, Patna, Ranchi and Kolkata.
- “The Y4BIZ programme aims to support a promising group of 50 young entrepreneurs and transform their business ideas from the initial stage to a sustainable business model,” said a press release.
- “Finally, the top 10 business ideas will be showcased before industry leaders, investors and policy makers, to celebrate entrepreneurship and recognise the youth leaders in 2018,” according to the release.
- Director of the American Center and Public Affairs Officer of the U.S. Consulate General, Kolkata Jamie Dragon said while launching the event in Guwahati: “The youth entrepreneurship development is a proven strategy that positively impacts the lives of young people. This project seeks to foster a culture of entrepreneurship in eastern India and to strengthen linkages between American and Indian youth leaders.”
- Suman Mukhopadhyay, Director & Vice President (Finance & Strategy), Contact Base said: “An entrepreneurs’ journey is a journey of loneliness. For first generation early stage entrepreneurs, this can be a daunting challenge to surmount. If one is attempting to start an enterprise in the eastern region of India, odds are stacked too unfavorably.”
- “An initiative like Y4BIZ, which intends to create a network of mentors, entrepreneurs, incubators and policy makers, will work closely with the stakeholders towards evolving favourable environments for startups. This can help transform the landscape of entrepreneurship in this region.”
Banking and Finance
BSE arm, Thomson Reuters launch ‘BEST’ new trading solution
- Marketplace Tech Infra Services, that is in the term of the exchange BSE, today launched BEST (BSE Electronic Smart Trader), a state-of-the-art hosted trading solution built on Thomson Reuters’ Omnesys NEST platform.
- “Last month, Marketplace had inked a pact with Thomson Reuters to build the trading solution for BSE’s members and customers,” BSE said in a statement.
- “BEST provides market participants a state-of-the-art and low-cost trading platform. It shall be our endeavour to provide members world class technology to access domestic and international exchange,” BSE managing director and chief executive Ashishkumar Chauhan said.
- Thomson Reuters South Asia managing director Pradeep Lankapalli said, “we believe our robust platform coupled with BSE’s reach will help the broking industry achieve greater scalability, promote transparency and drive innovation.”
- The Bombay Stock Exchange is an Indian stock exchange located at Dalal Street, Kala Ghoda, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- CEO: Ashish Chauhan
- Customer service: 022 6136 3100
- Technical support: 022 6136 3171
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Premchand Roychand
- Subsidiaries: Bse Institute Ltd, Asia Index Private Limited
International solar alliance announces setting up 1000 GW of solar energy by 2030
- There has been the just after the three years ago, India had surprised many by announcing that it would develop 100 gigawatts (GW) of solar energy by the year 2022, that target has bene scale at the five times better.
- In the recent the International Solar Alliance, a new intergovernmental body set up India’s behest at the Paris climate change conference in 2015, has set its eyes on installing 1000 GW of solar energy by the year 2030.
- “The International Solar Alliance (ISA) has just been ratified by enough number of countries to make it operational. It will become operational by December 6 this year. The ISA has a set for itself a target of installing 1000 GW of solar electricity in its member countries by the year 2030. This will be one of the biggest global efforts to shift away from fossil fuels and move towards cleaner sources of energy,” Anand Kumar, Secretary in the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, told reporters here.
- “The 1000 GW target has been set by the ISA. It will be met through projects that ISA will support under its various work programmes. This target does not take into account renewable energy targets or projects that countries are pursuing on their own as part of their national efforts,” said Anand Kumar, Secretary, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- The International Solar Alliance is an alliance of more than 121 countries, most of them being sunshine countries, which come either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn
- Membership (As of 2017): 121 nations
- Founder: Narendra Modi
- Interim Director General: Mr. Upendra Tripathy (Indian)
- Founded at: Gwal Pahari
- Budget: 47 million USD
- Purpose: Public transport
- Headquarters: Gwal Pahari, Gurugram
Science and Technology
US approves “Abilify MyCite”, first pill with digital tracking device
- The Food and Drug Administration has given the approval for the first drug in the United States with a digital ingestion tracking system, in the term of the procedural of the patients with mental illness take the medicine prescribed for them.
- The FDA said in a statement on Monday that the digitally enhanced medication “works by sending a message from the pill’s sensor to a wearable patch.” “Being able to track ingestion of medications prescribed for illness may be useful for some patients,” said Dr. Mitchell Mathis, director of the division of Psychiatry Products in the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research.
- “The FDA supports the development and use of new technology in prescription drugs and is committed to working with companies to understand how this technology might benefit patients and prescribers.”
- Among them, the FDA said it was important to note that Abilify MyCite’s labeling asserts “the ability of the product to improve patient compliance with their treatment regimen has not been shown.”
- “Abilify MyCite should not be used to track drug ingestion in ‘real-time’ or during an emergency because detection may be delayed or may not occur,” the statement said.
- The FDA said the wearable patch that comes with the medication “transmits the information to a mobile application so that patients can track the ingestion of the medication on their smart phone. Patients can also permit their caregivers and physician to access the information through a web-based portal.”
- In a statement issued last May at the time the FDA accepted submission of product for review, Otsuka Pharmaceutical of Toyko and Proteus Digital, of California, said that “with the patient’s consent, this information could be shared with their healthcare professional team and selected family and friends, with the goal of allowing physicians to be more informed in making treatment decisions that are specific to the patient’s needs.”
- The FDA said, “The product is designed for the treatment of schizophrenia, acute treatment of manic and mixed episodes associated with a bipolar disorder and for use as an add-on treatment for depression in adults.”
Mithali Raj named Sportswoman of the Year (Team Sports) at the Indian Sports Honours 2017
- Indian off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin, who has plays for the last in the team of the national team during their tour of Sri Lanka, was named the winner of Best player in Team Sports award category at the recently organised Indian Sports Honours awards organised by Virat Kohli Foundation. India’s women’s team skipper Mithali Raj won the award for Best Player in the female category.
- “Another one for the trophy cabinet @ashwinravi99 @prithinarayanan Congrats and all the best for the coming season! Catch the interview on Nov26 @StarSportsIndia @hotstartweets #IndianSportsHonors,” she tweeted.
- Thanking Mayanti, the Tamil Nadu-born office replied, “Thanks @MayantiLanger_B , as always it was a good interview.”
- At the award function, Kohli had said,“India has made rapid strides as a sporting nation. The day of being a one-sport country are behind us. The time is right to introduce an institution that will recognize our top sporting achievers and put the spotlight on those, who are expected to do the country proud in years to come.”
Awards and Recognitions
West Bengal gets GI Tag for ‘Rosogolla’
- After West Bengal has been given award to the Geographical Indication (GI) tag for ‘Banglar Rasogolla’ (Bengal Rasogolla) on Tuesday, the Odisha government announced a few hours later that it was “in process” of obtaining the same for ‘Odishara Rasagolla.’
- “Odisha government is in process of obtaining GI tag for Odishara Rasagolla. It originated in Odisha and is offered at Jagannath Temple as part of religious rituals by people of Odisha since the 12th century,” Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik wrote on Twitter on Tuesday night.
- West Bengal Education Minister Partha Chatterjee said, “We have always known Rasogolla to be ours. There was an attempt to create a controversy over its origin by Odisha (but) our department was quick to react. Now ultimately it has been proved that Rasogolla originated from Bengal.” With GI tag, Bengal retains rosogulla: Here’s why Odisha may not be happy
Veteran Hindustani vocalist Jagdish Mohan passes away
- Renowned Hindustani vocalist of Kirana Gharana, Jagdish Mohan, has been died at the age of 87 yeras on Wednesday morning at his Delhi residence.
- He belong from the from Uttarakhands Haridwar and was born on March 4, 1930.
- Mohan had awarded from the title of the Sangeet Sartaj by Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh and was a regular performer at the All India Radio and Doordarshan.
- He is survived by his wife Mala Rani, sons Deepak Sharma and Kamod Sharma, and daughters Ragini Pratap, Sadhna and Sangeeta.