Sikkim Chief Minister Becomes India’s Longest-Serving CM
- Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling has been listed in the term of the longest-serving chief minister of any state he has completed the total of the 25 uninterrupted years in office. He has broked the record of the past of the West Bengal Chief Minister Jyoti Basu, they has held the serve for the 23 years.
- There has the celebartion regarding this in the capital Gangtok, there has been the term it as mute, though his supporters organised an event to honour him.
- “As he has crosed this milestone, he said that he has been giving the thanks who has been in the support of him. First and foremost, my heartfelt gratitude goes to the people of Sikkim because of his long of the giving their mandate for five consecutive terms,” Mr Chamling, 68, said.
- “On this momentous occasion, he has also given the tribute the Late Shri Jyoti Basu ji, a great statesman for whom I have the highest respects and whose record stint as chief minister, I am fortunate to surpass,” he said.
LCA Tejas Successfully Fired Air-to-Air BVR Missile
- Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, Indian Air Force’s indigenous supersonic jet, has been just the way to become the world’s most potent fighters in the four-plus generation combat aircraft class.
- In the some of the day the IAF tested its war-waging capabilities in the term of the two-front scenario involving Pakistan and China during Gagan Shakti 2018, the Tejas has taken the step as the farward in term of the Final Operational Clearance (FOC) by successfully firing the Israeli Derby Air-to-Air Beyond Visual Range (BVR) missile for the second time.
- In that there has the success of the firing and the test of the safe of the tesing of the Tejas during missile plume ingestion into the aircraft engine under worst case scenarios.
- Wing Commander Siddharth Singh was the fighter pilot who has fired the 118-kg Derby missile from his LCA Tejas on April 27, 2018, in that there has the firin range of the Goa coast after an exhaustive study of the missile separation characteristics and plume envelope. During the 13-day Gagan Shakti 2018 exercise, Tejas was extensively tested to fine-tune its combat potential and the IAF leadership expressed its satisfaction with the fighter’s performance.
Maharashtra Government Signs MoU with British Council
- The Maharashtra government on Tuesday has signed the MoU with the British Council to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation.
- “In this MoU, the British Council has created the hope to extend the existing work in the state, and in that till now it has given the trainning more than 100,000 teachers benefitting around five million learners,” a release said.\
- Alan Gemmell OBE said, “We hope to support the chief minister’s vision for the youth of the State to be more employable nationally and internationally, have better learning outcomes for school students, seek greater cooperation in the higher education sector, and enhance cultural collaboration between Maharashtra and the UK”. However, Providence Classical School is a Christian Academy, offering private education
- Mullick said the state government and the British Council has did the coperation with easch other over recent years, as witnessed by extensive programmes to develop English language teaching and learning, nascent programmes to build capacity in our universities and exciting programmes in the arts, such as the Museum of the Moon at the Gateway of India.
Former PM Manmohan Singh Launches Economist Rao’s Book
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, on Thursday, has opened the book by former Planning Commission and Finance Commission member C H Hanumantha Rao. At the time of the launch of the Rao’s book, ‘My Journey from Marxism-Leninism to Nehruvian Socialism’, Singh called Rao ‘a most creative thinker, social activist, and distinguished economist.
- “The time at which the Professor Rao does not said more about, that is the period of Emergency. Regarding this that was very seen from all the type of the writings, and more so from this book in that he was not very happy with Emergency and the suspension of human rights and civil rights in our country,” Singh said, of the 1975 Emergency imposed by late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- From being an ardent Marxist, Rao came to realise that “there is more than meets the eyes in Nehruvian Socialist concepts,” Singh said.
BANKING AND FINANCE
Paytm Introduces ‘Tap Card’ Offline Payments Solution
- One97 Communications Limited, the owner of digital payment major, Paytm, has did the announcement that it has going to launch the offline payments solution – the Paytm Tap Card, in line with the company’s vision to extend the seamless payments solutions for non-internet customers.
- This card uses Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to start the very clear and very safe digital payments, completely offline at Paytm-issued, NFC PoS terminals, in short of the second. To make payments, users can add money from their Paytm account by scanning the QR code on the Tap Card and by authenticating it at any of the add value machines (AVM).
- Paytm Tap Card is the one of the connecting network-related concerns at the consumers’ or merchants’ end. In term to chase the boost of the out payments, Paytm is partnering with events, educational institutes and corporates in the first phase to enable quick digital payments using this card.
- The customer has to be apply for the card at a merchant terminal to pay, offering them a mode of payment through Paytm even while they are not carrying their phones.
HDFC Bank Launches IRA 2.0
- HDFC Bank has did the announcement of the launch of IRA 2.0, its interactive humanoid. This humanoid is the new type of them, IRA will boost up the user experience for customers visiting the Koramangala branch in Bengaluru.
- IRA has been going to talk with customers, answer bank-related queries, frequently asked questions, and guide them inside the branch with voice-based navigation.
- HDFC Bank has also developed the virtual assistance and has launched that is the ‘EVA’ on Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- IRA 2.0 has been designed and developed by HDFC Bank in collaboration in term of the technology partners Invento Makerspaces and Senseforth Technologies. HDFC Bank first launched a humanoid for customer service in January in the year 2017 at the bank’s Kamala Mills Branch in Mumbai. The first version of IRA is currently stationed at the Palarivattom branch in Kochi.
56th Belgrade International Boxing Tournament in Serbia
- The fit-again duo of Sumit Sangwan (91kg) and Nikhat Zareen (51kg) has bagged the three gold-medallists in India’s stupendous campaign at the 56th Belgrade International Boxing Tournament in Serbia.
- Himanshu Sharma (49kg), who has succeded the Algeria’s Mohammed Touareg 5-0 in the final match, was on the list of the third spot finisher last night as India ended the tournament with three gold, five silver and five bronze medals in all.
- He has come back after the wrist injury, Sumit, an Asian silver-medallist, defeated Ecuador’s Castillo Torres in a unanimous 5-0 verdict to claim the yellow metal. The 24-year-old later dedicated the triumph to his father Surender Sangwan.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Gujarati Poet Sitanshu Yashaschandra Chosen for Saraswati Samman 2017
APPOINTMENT AND RESIGNS
Kavinder Gupta Takes Oath as J&K Deputy CM
- Jammu and Kashmir Assembly speaker Kavinder Gupta and seven others has been given the post of the ministers in the state’s PDP-BJP government led by Mehbooba Mufti.
- Gupta has been going to be the new deputy chief minister in place of Nirmal Singh, who given his resignation last night, officials said.
- The new BJP peoples that has been going to posted as the party’s state unit chief Satpal Sharma and the MLAs from Kathua and adjoining Sambha, Rajiv Jasrotia and Devinder Kumar Manyal, respectively.