Indian Army Releases Book on Paramveer Chakra Awardees
- General Bipin Rawat, Chief of the Army Staff has launch the book on Paramveer Chakra Awardees – ‘Paramveer Parwane’ on 20 March 2018. In this book there has the writes about the illustration of the Paramveer Chakra Awardees from the year 1947 to the year 1965 and is written by Dr Prabhakiran Jain published by Medha Books.
- In this book there has eleven short stories, poems, and songs highlighting the history of the battles on which the brave soldiers has given the sacrificed their lives and have shown the utmost courage & leadership at the time of the upfront of the enemy during War to protect the motherland.
- Now this book is available in paperback & coffee table book format and its second part has been going to released shortly. Many institutions have known Dr Prabhakiran Jain’s contribution to children’s literature across India.
- She has get the three times more than the member of Bal Sahitya Samman and Bal & Kishore Sahitya Samman awarded by the Hindi Academy and has 15 books to her credit. The writer has used simple and lucid language keeping young readers in mind.
106th Indian Science Congress to be Held in Bhopal
- “Future India: Science and Technology” has been the theme of the upcoming Science Congress 105th Indian Science Congress concludes at Imphal
- In term to change the scientific fraternity to develop a scientific determination at the level of the maternity of the growth, Governor of Manipur, Dr. Najma Heptullah has said that it should be the responsibility of the scientific community that they should work in the teem of the development of the young minds to further research in our country. She also conferred that the India has been going to be the powerhouse.
- She has also expressed her thought on this year’s theme Indian Science Congress, she said, “The North-East and Manipur are still an unreached place for many Indians. Everyday a new flora, a new fauna is discovered here. Many varieties of plants with medicinal properties are found here,” She did request to the scientists present in the gathering to adopt a place in an area and do research on the soil, the plants and water resources of that place to develop young minds and further research at the grassroots level.
- She strongly said that there should not be the urge of any of the research for once, the Governor urged the scientists that they come in state and do the research on the field of science. Emphasising that the Indian Science Congress came to Manipur “by chance”, Dr. Heptullah pointed out that it was also the destiny of the state.
India Signs Double Taxation Avoidance Treaty with Hong Kong
- India and Hong Kong on Monday has signed the double of the agreement, with aim of the facilitates the investment flow between both countries and prevent tax evasion.
- “The agreement will stimulate flow of investment, technology and personnel from India to HKSAR (Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) and vice versa, prevent double taxation and provide for exchange of information between the two contracting parties. It will improve transparency in tax matters and help curb tax evasion and tax avoidance,” the tax department said in a statement.
- Investors has been going to take the benefit of the lower amount that is 10% on interest or royalties provided they fulfil the main purpose test that will be checked in huge term that the transaction is not entered specifically to avoid taxes.
- In there will also be the facilitates of the state indirect transfers. It will facilitates that the gains from sale of shares of a company deriving more than 50% of its value from property situated in a country will be taxed in that country.
USA Bans Use of Venezuelan Cryptocurrency- Petro
- The Trump administration has make the target to Venezuela’s new bitcoin-like currency on Monday, and has stops the Americans and U.S. companies from dealing in the digital currency.
- In the term of the dangers the country has cut down the market, Venezuela President Nicolás Maduro has launched the so-called petro cryptocurrency last month in term to do half of the intension of the satisfy of the sanctions from the U.S., the European Union and others aiming to punish the government for its authoritarian rule.
- “Investing in the petro should be seen as investing in the dictatorship,” a senior U.S. official said after President Donald Trump signed an executive order banning the currency. “The petro is a desperate attempt by a corrupt regime to defraud international investors.”
- The U.S. Treasury has also get in the term four Venezuelan officials accused of corruption, in there has addition of the more than the 50 officials from the country that have been blacklisted by Washington in recent years on a host of charges including graft and human-rights violations.
1st G20 Ministerial Meeting Held in Argentina
- The first G20 meeting of finance ministers and central bank governors has started on Monday in Buenos Aires, in that there has the more than the 57 delegations from countries and institutions were present.
- The summit, was held at the capital’s Center of Exhibitions and Conventions (CEC), in this there has the gathers 22 finance ministers, 17 central bank governors and 10 heads of international organizations, including IMF Director-General Christine Lagarde and Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme Achim Steiner.
- In the term of the Argentina presiding the G20 this year, topics under discussion are likely to be infrastructure and the future of work in the digital arena.
- There has been ahead of the U.S. announced tariffs on steel and aluminum imports of 25 and 10 percent respectively, the delegations are expected to put out a joint statement on the matter.
World’s Most Liveable City Report- Vienna Tops, Baghdad Worst
- Mercer’s survey in which it is found that there has the 231 cities that will helps companies and organizations determine compensation and hardship allowances for international staff. In this type of the rule there has been the involve of the political party, health care, education, crime, recreation and transport.
- By the survey, Europe has eight of the world’s top 10 most pleasant cities: Germany and Switzerland both have the three cities, which is on the rank of top 10, while New Zealand, Canada and Australia each have one.
- There has the population more than the 1.8 million; Vienna has topped the survey for the ninth year in a row, boasting a vibrant cultural scene, comprehensive healthcare and moderate housing costs.
- Vienna, which is run by the Switzerland’s Zurich and then New Zealand’s Auckland and Germany’s Munich in joint third.
BANKING AND FINANCE
3rd Edition of National Conclave on Mines and Minerals
- The third edition of National Conclave on Mines and Minerals has been done on the Wednesday, an official statement said today.
- In this the representatives of many of the state governments, mining industry, industry associations, financial and academic institutions will participate in the event, the ministry of mines said in a statement.
- By the National Conclave on Mines and Minerals there will be the startup of the new things by the government of India and start the intensive discussion on the issues, challenges and opportunities in the mining sector to get to know its optimum potential for the sustainable development of the country.
- Mines Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has been chosen to get the award in the 20 best performing mines which are ‘5-Star’ rated.
GIC Re to Operate from Lloyd’s in London
- Pembroke Managing Agency Ltd., the London-based subsidiary of Iron shore, has given the approval of the Lloyd’s to establish and manage a syndicate for India’s GIC Re.
- GIC Syndicate in the year 1947 has been given the permission to underwrite business, attaching on or after the month April 1, 2018. The syndicate’s 2018 stamp capacity has been raised £55 million that is $77.1 million, and is provided solely by GIC Re.
- GIC Syndicate the year 1947 will underwrite property, agriculture and engineering lines of business. Mumbai-based GIC Re is a market leader in India and which is the member countries of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), having been established for more than 45 years.
Myanmar President, Htin Kyaw Resigns
- There has been the resigning of the Myanmar President Htin Kyaw is getting term of the tension for the development of the country’s future, it is according to one politics watcher, especially as a crescendo of criticism engulfs de-facto ruler Aung San Suu Kyi.
- In a statement on Wednesday, Htin Kyaw’s office said the the 71 year-old has been taken the depart in the sudden “in order to take rest from the current duties and responsibilities.” The leader who is going to be out has been going to get the Nobel laureate Suu Kyi, whose ruling National League for Democracy (NLD) party took power in a historic 2015 election.
- He is officially going to take the principle of the head that is the constitutional clause; Suu Kyi still rules the country though trusted proxies. Htin Kyaw’s replacement is widely has been get to fallow the NLD loyalist Win Myint, who is currently speaker of the lower house.
- Htin Kyaw’s resignation “brings to the fore the issue of leadership and who the successors are going to be in Myanmar moving forward,” Bridget Welsh, a political science professor at John Cabot University, told CNBC at the Credit Suisse Asia Investment Conference.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Canadian mathematician Langlands wins Abel Prize
- Canadian mathematician Robert Langland’s on Tuesday has won the very respective award that is the Abel Prize for developing a programme connecting representation theory to number theory, Norway’s Academy of Sciences and Letters said.
- “The programme has enlisted hundreds of the world’s best mathematicians over the last 50 years. No other project in modern mathematics has as wide a scope, has produced so many deep results, and has so many people working on it,” the Academy said in a statement.
- This was the program that is the Langland’s programme dates back to the year 1967, at that time the professor at Princeton University has written the letter to renowned French mathematician Andre Weil outlining his new theory.
- In that letter, there has the suggestion of the links between two areas, number theory and harmonic analysis, which had previously been considered unrelated.
World Meteorological Day
- On every of the March 23 has been celebrated as the World Meteorological Organization. On 23 March in the year 1950 has been named World Meteorological Day.
- This announcement was the kind of the tag for the World Meteorology Day every year, and by that this day has started to celebrate as in all the member countries.