BHEL Commissions 1st Unit of Kishanganga Hydro Project in Jammu & Kashmir
- State-run power equipment maker Bhel that has the BSE -0.83 % on Monday has said it has developed the first unit of 110 MW of the Kishanganga hydroelectric project (HEP) of NHPC in Jammu and Kashmir.
- This project has been established at the river Kishanganga, which is the main place of the Jhelum in Bandipora district, in this all the three units of the 340 MW project will generate 1,350 million units (MU) of clean electricity yearly, a Bhel statement said. In this all the commissioned state has been developed.
- Bhel has been comes in the commissioned with the term of the Electro-Mechanical (E&M) package for the project comprising design, manufacture, supply, installation and commissioning of Vertical Shaft Pelton Turbines and matching synchronous Generators, Controls & Monitoring (SCADA) System along with electrical and mechanical auxiliaries.
- All of the equipment for this project has been given by the Bhel’s manufacturing units at Bhopal, Jhansi, Rudrapur and Bengaluru and besides this at the time of the execution of works on site was carried out by the company’s Power Sector Northern Region division and Transmission Business Group.
NCAA Becomes World’s 1st Trusted Digital Repository
- National Cultural Audiovisual Archives (NCAA) project of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, implemented by Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA) has been certified as the world’s first Trusted Digital Repository as per ISO 16363:2012 standard, granted by Primary Trustworthy Digital Repository Authorisation Body Ltd. (PTAB), United Kingdom. http://www.iso16363.org/iso-certification/certified-clients/indira-gandhi-national-centre-for-the-arts/. Leveraging this historic achievement, the plan for the next phase is to integrate about three lakh hours of audiovisuals materials, a corpus estimated based on a scoping survey conducted in 25 cities across the country, on this platform over the next five years.
- The Minister of State for Culture (Independent Charge) and Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Dr. Mahesh Sharma said, “I congratulate IGNCA for this remarkable achievement. The Digital India initiative of the Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, launched on 1 July 2015, aimed at connecting rural India with high-speed internet networks and improving digital literacy. This will boost the accessibility of the NCAA up to the remotest corner of the country and help preserve India’s rich culture throughout its length and breadth.
- The primary objective of the NCAA is to identify and preserve the cultural heritage of India available in audiovisual form through a process of digitization and making it accessible to the people. By March 2018, a corpus of 30,000 hours of unpublished, non-commercial audio & video recordings will be made online at http://ncaa.gov.in/repository, out of which approximately 15,000 hours are already hosted online along with contextual metadata, representing the cultural diversity of India in the broadest sense.
- Over 23,000 hours of unpublished audiovisual recordings have already been digitized. NCAA pilot digital repository was developed in collaboration with the Centre of Excellence for Digital Preservation by C-DAC, Pune. NCAA digital repository is established with and powered by DIGITĀLAYA (डिजिटालय) which is developed by C-DAC Pune in compliance with Open Archival Information System (OAIS) Reference Model ISO 14721:2012.
UN issues $951 million appeal for Rohingya refugees
- United Nations agencies and NGO partners has launched the 2018 Joint Response Plan for the Rohingya Humanitarian Crisis, by the amount of the $951 million has been applied in the meet the urgent needs about to the 900,000 Rohingya refugees.
- In a meeting there has been announcement has done for the UN in Geneva on Friday, the agencies said this plan will also be given for the 330,000 vulnerable Bangladeshis in the communities hosting the refugees that are of the Myanmar, Xinhua news agency reported.
- The UN High Commissioner for Refugees Filippo Grandi, who is the IOM Director General William Swing and the UN resident coordinator in Bangladesh Mia Seppo, had launched the year 2018 appeal for the Rohingya Humanitarian Crisis.
- “They are talking about real critical needs here both on the part of the Bangladeshi communities who have so generously opened their doors, and of a stateless and refugee population that even prior to this crisis was among the world’s most marginalised and at risk,” said Grandi.
- “The solutions to this crisis lie inside Myanmar, and conditions must be established that will allow refugees to return home. But today we are appealing for help with the immediate needs, and these needs are vast.”
Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim resigns over a financial scandal
- Mauritius President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim has given the resigned on Saturday that is just after the enrollment in the scandal over her use of a credit card to buy the luxury personal items, in another term after the change of the life in term of the overcome with the some of the maturity of the public.
- Gurib-Fakim, Africa’s only female head of state, has given her resignation in the “national interest,” her lawyer Yousouf Mohamed told reporters.
- He also did the announcement that this reassignment will be work on March 23, this will be the move that will bring down the curtain on a saga that has gripped the Indian Ocean archipelago for weeks.
- Gurib-Fakim has started the fight in the accusations that first appeared in local newspaper L’Express in that she used a bankcard provided by an NGO to make personal purchases, including jewellery and luxury goods worth at least 25,000 euros.
BANKING AND FINANCE
Axis Bank Opens Representative Office in Sharjah
- In the term of very near Rs 13,000-crore fraud in which there has also the diamond trader Nirav Modi has led to public lenders to curtail their overseas presence, Axis Bank that has the BSE 0.85 % on Monday has announced a new representative office in Sharjah.
- Axis bank, which is the third largest private sector lender, said the representative office in Sharjah, which will be the third in the UAE, would focus on remittances business.
- Axis Bank which is; the third largest private sector bank has started this because of the fraud that was done in the Punjab National Bank. To keep in mind the frauds that has done in the recent of the fraud, the Government asked a slew of state-run lenders to consolidate their foreign presence starting with 35 locations.
- In a statement, Axis Bank said the representative office could use the term that is of the state of the northern emirates. There are more than the 3 million NRIs in the UAE, which makes it an interesting business proposition, it said.
IRCTC Ties Up With Ola
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has did the announcement that it has did the partnership with the Indian cab that is the Ola to enable passengers to book an Ola on the IRCTC website and app.
- Through this partnership, passengers now get the easy access to book the Ola in the easy term services such as Ola Micro, Ola Mini, Prime Play, as well as SUVs directly via the IRCTC website and mobile app. In that there are also, Ola Autos and Ola share are also part of the deal.
- IRCTC has divided the Ola booking API onto its platforms, and the services commenced on Monday. In the IRCTC-Ola tie-up, passengers will be able to facilitate the Ola booking facility in term of the tourism packages, and travel itineraries. In more term, anyone can also book cabs via Ola’s self-serving kiosks at IRCTC outlets present in railway stations. In this there will be the facility book the cab before the 7 days in advance or upon reaching the railway station as well.
- In the agreement, an IRCTC spokesperson said, “The IRCTC – Ola partnership will provide first and last-mile connectivity to commuters. The ease of travel of our commuters is of prime importance to us and we believe that this association will help in delivering unparalleled convenience to the users on our platform, fostering and strengthening the culture of Digital India.”
Purva Barve Wins Women’s Singles U-19 Title at Israel Junior 2018
- Defending champion Purva Barve has won the women’s singles which is Under-19, title at the Israel Junior 2018 which was held in Rishon LeZion.
- He get seeded at No. 4 in the event, Barve, who is the trainee at the Nikhil Kanetkar Badminton Academy, he has won the title at the third-seeded and top-ranked Russian Anastasiia Pustinskaia 21-19, 19-21, 21-13 in a match that lasted 66 minutes, a media release said today.
- “To defend a title is tough, no doubt. The field this year was tougher than last year and very competitive. I am happy to land the title once again,” Purva was quoted as saying in the release.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Yi Gang Named Head of People’s Bank of China
- Mr Yi has been working as the deputy governor of the bank since the year 2008, he has again appointed as the same post.
- This appointment has been taken after the long sitting meeting in the China’s rubber-stamp parliament, the National People’s Congress, draws to a close.
- In other term there has been the adding if the name that is of the President Xi Jinping’s economic advisor Liu He.
- HE has been selected as the one of the four vice-premiers, with special oversight of economic and financial matters.
World Water Day
- World Water Day is the yearly observance day which comes on 22 March to tell the importance of freshwater. The main aim of this is to tell every one about the importance of the fresh water.
- World Water Day is celebrated in all the country in many of the way. In this there can be educational, theatrical, musical or lobbying in nature.
- The first World Water Day, was celebrated by the United Nations, was commemorated in 1993 – 25 years ago.