Dr Jitendra Singh launches new training programme COMMIT for state Government officials
- There is the launch of the new and outstanding plan for the online modules for the state government that is the training programme Comprehensive Online Modified Modules on Induction Training (COMMIT), by the Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C), Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh that is on Thursday.
- In the staement on the day of the launching, Dr. Jitendra Singh has said that the this training will the booster for the training programme that was held bwfore and in this there will be the advantage of COMMIT, that is the effectiveness of the cost that will cover at the same time about to the 3.3 lakh officials annually, with compared to 10,000 officials under existing 12-Day Induction Training Programme (ITP). The Minister said that the civilians also can be easily accessible when we go digital.
- Secretary, DoPT, Shri B P Sharma said, “COMMIT will launch in 6 States of Assam, Haryana, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and West Bengal initially on pilot basis during the current financial year 2017-18 and within next year it is expected to cover all India level”. He also said that the COMMIT has been designed in such a way that it allows translating the content in local/regional languages.
- This newly COMMIT programme has developed by DoPT in collaboration with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), that will be boost the earlier of this 12-Day ITP launched in 2014-15 for newly recruited state Government officials to develop in them Generic & Domain specific competencies. In this project there will be the 74,000 State Government officials in the financial year 2017-18. It will be of 28 hours duration which will include e-Modules for 20 hours and face-to-face training for 8 hours.
- Full form of COMMIT- Comprehensive Online Modified Modules on Induction Training
- Launched by- The Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C), Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Developed by- DoPT in collaboration with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Aadhar-PAN linking mandatory from 1 July
- The Indian government has made the compulsory that is to link Aadhaar numbers with PAN of taxpayers that is from the July 1 after the launch GST. By the income tax rules and notifying the same, the government has made quoting of the 12-digit biometric Aadhaar or the enrollment ID a must at the time of application of Permanent Account Number (PAN).
- The revenue department said “Every person who has been allotted PAN as on July 1, 2017, and who in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2) of section 139AA is required to intimate his Aadhaar number, shall intimate his Aadhaar number to the principal director general of income tax (systems) or DGIT (systems)”.
- Sonu Iyer, tax partner and people advisory services leader, EY said, “The notification does not specify the form and manner in which Aadhaar should be intimated, neither the timelines for such intimation have been set out,”
- Tax partner and people advisory services leader, EY, Sonu Iyer, said, “Individuals having a PAN but no Aadhaar application number who would be filing an income tax return post June 30, 2017 will need to apply for Aadhaar in order to be able to file the income tax return. Individuals who are not required to file an income tax return but who have a PAN and are eligible to obtain Aadhaar (whether they have one or not) as on July 1, 2017 should wait for further notification which will specify the date and manner in which the two identification numbers shall be linked,”
- Ministry- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, India
- Nandan Nilekani * Dr. Ajay Bhushan Pandey CEO, UIDAI
- Launched- 28 January 2009
Beijing’s political nod to PLA’s new aggression on India-Bhutan border
- The earlier joining of the near China-India-Bhutan border puts the tension in the mind of both the country. There is the big question has arisen that why is so and where it is so that the country China is taking this course of action at this particular juncture. It is really the difficult time is that the most of the country like the Chinese leadership and of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA), but it is undeniable that the military and border defense troops are under the close control of the Chinese authorities and the Communist Party.
- Taylor Fravel, an associate professor of political science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and a member of its Security Studies Program, tweeted, “After border face-off, China justifies construction of road in Sikkim sector, says area not under border disputes.”
- This explains Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Lu Kang’s comments, “As per this treaty, the area over which the Indian Army has raised objection is undoubtedly located on the Chinese side of the border.”
- Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Lu Kang said, “Donglong is part of China’s territory. This is indisputable. The Donglong area has belonged to China since ancient times and does not belong to Bhutan. If India wants to raise an issue with this part, I should say that it does not belong to Bhutan nor does it belong to India. So we have complete legal basis for this. China’s construction of road projects is just a legitimate and normal action on its territory. No other country has the right to interfere.”
- Bhutan, a Buddhist kingdom on the Himalayas’ eastern edge, is known for its monasteries, fortresses (or dzongs) and dramatic landscapes that range from subtropical plains to steep mountains and valleys
- In the High Himalayas, peaks such as 7,326m Jomolhari are popular trekking destinations
- Paro Taktsang monastery (also known as Tiger’s Nest) clings to cliffs above the forested Paro Valley
- Capital: Thimphu
- King: Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck
- Currencies: Indian rupee, Bhutanese ngultrum
China warns India, lynching in Jharkhand and Bihar: Top stories to bring you up to date
- ‘India should learn lessons from its defeat in 1962 and stop rumoring for the war’, China said in the statement by giving the warning on Thursday, it is said that because of the matter which is going on in the lace of border of Sikkim sector is that New Delhi withdraws its troops immediately. China said that their shoulders were building the road in his territory and not on land that belonged to Bhutan.
- People’s Liberation Army (PLA) spokesperson Wu Qian was reacting to Indian Army chief Gen Bipin Rawat’s statement, “Such rhetoric is extremely irresponsible. We hope (the) particular person in the Indian Army could learn from historical lessons and stop such clamouring for war,”
- Parliament is decked out with festival lights and rehearsals were conducted ahead of the Central Hall function that President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, senior ministers and bureaucrats will attend. Finance minister Arun Jaitley said, “I hope every political party will reconsider and revisit its decision,”
- Delivering a speech to mark the centenary of the Sabarmati ashram in Ahmedabad, the PM said “killing people in the name of ‘gau bhakti’ is not acceptable. This is not something Mahatma Gandhi would approve. Let’s all work together. Let’s create the India of Mahatma Gandhi’s dreams. Let’s create an India our freedom fighters would be proud of. No person in this nation has the right to take the law in his or her own hands.”
- China is a populous nation in East Asia whose vast landscape encompasses grassland, desert, mountains, lakes, rivers and more than 14,000km of coastline
- Capital Beijing mixes modern architecture with historic sites such as the Forbidden City palace complex and Tiananmen Square
- Shanghai is a skyscraper-studded global financial center
- The iconic Great Wall of China runs east-west across the country’s north
- Capital: Beijing
- Currency: Renminbi
- Population: 1.371 billion (2015) World Bank
- President: Xi Jinping
- Points of interest: Great Wall of China, Forbidden City, more
US issues new visa criteria for six Muslim nations
- The Trump administration in the US has announced the new rule for the visa ruling that is from six mainly Muslim nations that is on Wednesday and for all refugees in that they should be the need of the “close” family or business tie to the United States. This action is taken after the league after the Supreme Court partially restored President Donald Trump’s executive order that is directly shows that it is the ban on the Muslims.
- Omar Jadwat, director of the ACLU’s Immigrants’ Rights Project said, “Initial reports suggest that the government may try to unilaterally expand the scope of the ban for example, by arbitrarily refusing to treat certain categories of familial relationships as ‘bona fide.’ These reports are deeply concerning. We are watching for official word,”
- In the new guide line that has been sent to the US embassies and consulates on Wednesday, that the six countries that has been decided from the trumph, their applicant have to must show the relationship proof with a parent, spouse, child, adult son or daughter, son-in-law, daughter-in-law or sibling in the US. This is according to a State Department cable obtained by the Associated Press.
- For the other type like the business or professional links are concerned, the State Department said a legitimate relationship must be “formal, documented and formed in the ordinary course rather than for the purpose of evading” the ban.
- The U.S. is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean
- Major Atlantic Coast cities are New York, a global finance and culture center, and capital Washington, DC
- Midwestern metropolis Chicago is known for influential architecture and on the west coast, Los Angeles’ Hollywood is famed for filmmaking
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- Dialing code: +1
- President: Donald Trump
- States: California, Hawaii, Florida, Texas, Massachusetts, Alaska, more
Iraq declares end of caliphate after capture of Mosul mosque
- That is become the eight month of the warfare grinding in the urban of the Iraq, on Thursday Iraqi government troops have covered the destroyed mosque at the heart of Islamic State’s de facto capital Mosul, and in this the prime minister have announced for the group’s self-styled caliphate at an end.
- Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said in a statement, referring to the hardline Sunni Mulsim group by an Arabic acronym, “The return of al-Nuri Mosque and al-Hadba minaret to the fold of the nation marks the end of the Daesh state of falsehood,”
- The setbacks troops have reduced the Islamic State’s territory by 60 percent from its peak two years ago and its revenue by 80 percent, to just $16 million a month, said IHS Markit. “Their fictitious state has fallen,” an Iraqi military spokesman, Brigadier General Yahya Rasool, told state TV.
- The fighters of these Islamic state have blown up the medieval mosque and and their famous minaret also that is the week ago, as U.S.-backed Iraqi forces started a push in its direction. They have left the black flag sign that was flying at the al-Hadba (The Hunchback) minaret since June 2014.
- Iraq, officially known as the Republic of Iraq is a country in Western Asia, bordered by Turkey to the north, Iran to the east, Kuwait to the southeast, Saudi Arabia to the south, Jordan to the southwest, and Syria to the west
- Capital: Baghdad
- Currency: Iraqi dinar
- President: Fuad Masum
- Points of interest: National Museum of Iraq, Ziggurat of Ur, more
Their Fortunes Enmeshed, Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin to Hold First Meeting Next Week
- In the next week of the July the US President Donald Trump will meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin at the occasion of the summit in that is held in Germany it will be the fisrt time that the two leader of the both country will share their political aspect face to face by meeting. Both the centers that is Kremlin and the White House announced on Thursday that the pair will meet on the sidelines of the July 7-8 summit of G20 nations in Hamburg.
- S. National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster said, “As the president has made clear, he’d like the United States and the entire West to develop a more constructive relationship with Russia but he has also made clear that we will do what is necessary to confront Russia’s destabilizing behavior,”
- The United States have forgotten the rebel that was against that country, Assad, and Washington has get fired on the Russia that was after the launching missile strikes against a Syrian government air base in April in response to what the United States says was a chemical weapons attack that killed dozens of civilians.
- Trump have put the scene of Russian base of the troops after the says of White House said it appeared the Syrian military was preparing to conduct a chemical weapons attack and warned that Assad and his forces would “pay a heavy price” if it did so. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov warned on Wednesday that Moscow would respond proportionately if the United States took measures against Syrian government forces.
- Russia, the world’s largest nation, borders European and Asian countries as well as the Pacific and Arctic oceans
- Its landscape ranges from tundra and forests to subtropical beaches
- It’s famous for Moscow’s Bolshoi and St. Petersburg’s Mariinsky ballet companies. St. Petersburg, founded by Russian leader Peter the Great, has the baroque Winter Palace, now housing part of the State Hermitage Museum’s art collection
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian ruble
- President: Vladimir Putin
- Points of interest: Moscow Kremlin, Saint Basil’s Cathedral, more
BANKING & FINANCE
Government issues notification, countdown begins for GST Rollout
- Just after the one day, India will launches its biggest tax reform of the decades that is from July 1, the government of the India is preparing for answering the questioning that will arise on the topic of the goods and services tax in the same time of the released of the GST as much as possible for the customer and for the public.
- “A special war room has been created… This will address issues, if they crop up, in implementation,” said a senior government official. The team of the operating the issues of the answering will be operated from eight in the morning to 10 in the evening, and in that there will be the provider of the single window for the resolution of any GST-related issue.
- CBEC, the apex indirect taxes body, has reported for the alive on the issues of the other figure such that industry, particularly small businesses, may be confronting. They have been also asked for the clarification of the matter of the GST if anyone is going in the office of that company or the employee.
- This program of the GST counseling will held in the Central Hall of Parliament tomorrow midnight for the launch of new indirect tax regime. President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and a host of Senior Ministers and bureaucrats will attend the programme.
- Full form of CBEC- Central Board of Excise and Custom
- Formed- 26 Jan 1944
- Employees- 19,137 (Gazetted Officers) & 53,754(Non Gazetted Officers)
- Legal personality- Governmental: Government
India becomes 1st country to give to UN Tax Fund with $100000 contribution
- India has given the $100,000 in the UN fund for the help of the disscussio0n of thr tax and indexes of the nation, by this fund the India has become the first country for the contribution. The UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs Office for Financing for Development Office announced, the UN Trust Fund for International Cooperation in Tax Matters (the UN Tax Fund) received its first financial voluntary contribution from India.
- India has become the first country to reply the call of the un embassy for the for the USD 100,000 that will be dedicated towards ensuring greater support for developing countries’ participation in the sub-committee meetings of the UN Tax Committee, which have been funded in recent .
- The UN Tax Committee, a subsidiary body of the UN Economic and Social Council (ESOSOC), has given the guidance regarding the issues such as double taxation treaties, transfer pricing (profit shifting) taxation of the extractive industries and taxation of services.
- India became the first country to participate in the contribution of the $100,000 that will be dedicated towards ensuring greater support for developing countries’ participation in the sub-committee meetings of the UN Tax Committee, which are currently unfunded.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization tasked to promote international co-operation and to create and maintain international order
- Headquarters: New York City, New York, United States
- Founded: 24 October 1945, Lake Success, New York, United States
- Secretary general: António Guterres
- Founders: Syria, United States of America, Turkey, India, Brazil, more
- Subsidiaries: United Nations Security Council, UNESCO, more
- Awards: Nobel Peace Prize, Peabody Award, Academy Award for Best Documentary Short Subject
Govt. unveils new hydrocarbon policy
- On Wednesday the Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugaurates the new oil and gas block licensing policy that is expected to open up 2.8 million square kilometres of sedimentary basins to exploration and production activities.
- Sudhir Mathur, Acting CEO of Vedanta Cairn Oil and Gas said, “OALP is a fundamental shift and a very transformative step in India’s E&P history. This policy reiterates GoI’s commitment to reduce administrative & regulatory burden, thus enhancing ease of doing business.”
- Mathur added, “A single license to explore all forms of hydrocarbons, no oil cess, reduced rates of royalty are just few of the many enabling provisions which will stimulate investments in the sector. This decision will go a long way towards reducing import dependence and achieving India’s quest for energy security.”
- Chandrajit Banerjee, Director General, Confederation of Indian Industry said, “The new policy environment has already started attracting investment into India’s upstream sector, which could help reduce imports and increase the share of gas in the country’s energy mix. Steps should be taken to develop a South-East Asian natural gas hub in India, which would provide a fair price for domestic natural gas through gas-on-gas competition and help eliminate price vulnerabilities arising from the oil-indexed nature of LNG import contracts,”
- CEO of Vedanta Cairn Oil and Gas- Sudhir Mathur
- Director General, Confederation of Indian Industry- Chandrajit Banerjee
- Petroleum Minister- Dharmendra Pradhan
Science and Technology
Petya ransomware attack hits India’s Jawaharlal Nehru Port
- The report of the cracked system at the India’s largest container port, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) that is covered by AP Moller-Maersk, near Mumbai, has been get affected by the global ransomware attack, the port announced on Wednesday. The version of the trust get disruption has been dubbed Goldeneye by security firm Bit defender Labs.
- A senior Indian government official involved in cyber security operations said, “The central server is in Europe which we can’t control. It is not a problem aimed at India… we have become collateral damage,”
- A JNPT official requesting anonymity said, “The IT (information technology) department of JNPT became aware of the attack at around 4.30pm on Tuesday. The Windows server started conking off and the master file got encrypted and we couldn’t access any data. The operations immediately came to a standstill,”
- JNPT chairman Anil Diggikar said, “The global attack has impacted APM terminal of the JNPT port. The operations at the terminal have slowed down and are being entered manually. We are trying to handle the crisis by diverting traffic to other terminals,”
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port, also known as Nhava Sheva, is the largest container port in India
- Located east of Mumbai in Maharashtra, the port on the Arabian Sea is accessed via Thane Creek
- Address: Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400702
- Phone: 076006 91188
- Annual container volume: 4.47 million TEU (2014-15)
- Owner: Government of India
- Annual cargo tonnage: Bulk: 7.88 million tons (2010-11); Container: 56.43 million tons (2010-11)
NASA completes milestone toward quieter Supersonic X-Plane
- NASA has create the new value for in space center of the world and obtain the milestone in the jet travel over land has create the new and possible completing the preliminary design review (PDR) of its Quiet Supersonic Transport or QueSST aircraft design. QueSST is the fisrt and starting design of the NASA’s planned Low Boom Flight Demonstration (LBFD) experimental airplane, before this it was known as the X-plane.
- “Managing a project like this is all about moving from one milestone to the next,” said David Rich wine, manager for the preliminary design effort under NASA’s Commercial Supersonic Technology Project. “Our strong partnership with Lockheed Martin helped get us to this point. We’re now one step closer to building an actual X-plane.”
- NASA has created the partnership with the, Lockheed Martin, in last year that is in February 2016 for the QueSST preliminary design. Last month, a scale model of the QueSST design completed testing in the 8-by 6-foot supersonic wind tunnel at NASA’s Glenn Research Center in Cleveland.
- After the complete success of the PDR, NASA’s project team can start the process of soliciting proposals later this year and awarding a contract early next year to build the piloted, single-engine X-plane. The problem of the LBFD X-plane contract will be fully open and competitive, with the QueSST preliminary design data being made available to qualified bidders. Flight testing of an LBFD X-plane could begin as early as 2021.
- Formed- July 29, 1958; 58 years ago
- Preceding agency- NACA (1915–1958)
- Robert M. Lightfoot, Jr., Acting- Administrator
- Lesa Roe, Acting- Deputy Administrator
Kidambi Srikanth climbs up three spots to re-enter top-10 of badminton rankings
- In the travelling in the back of the Super Series triumphs, India’s ace shuttler Kidambi Srikanth has been ranked and scored the place on top-10 at eighth in the latest world rankings that was released on Thursday.
- Kidambi Srikanth is 24-year-old and belongs from Guntur, who have created the prestigious title in the Indonesian Open and Australian Open, in the current he have 58,583 points in his kitty. He is the only and alone Indian shuttler to rank and scored in the top-10 of men’s singles ranking after climbing up three places.
- Besides this in other Indian male shuttlers, B Sai Praneeth has moved up a position to be 15th, while Ajay Jayaram lost a spot to be 16th. HS Prannoy also dropped two places to be 23rd.
- In the women Indian suttlers, PV Sindhu dropped a rung to be world no. 5, while Sania Nehwal has gained a spot to be at 15th.
- Srikanth Kidambi is an Indian badminton player
- He shot to prominence by defeating Olympic Champion Lin Dan in 2014 China Open Super Series Premier by 21–19 21–17 in the final round, thus becoming the 8th ranked player amonth the top 10.
- Born: 7 February 1993 (age 24), Guntur
- Coach: Pullela Gopichand
- Awards: Arjuna Award for Badminton
Dubai will be most favoured destination for mini IPL, says Rajeev Shukla
- Chairman of the Indian Premier League (IPL) Rajeev Shukla has given his confirmed report that the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is interested in launching a mini-IPL and in this the most and best favored league is the UAE, according to a report in Gulf News.
- Chairman of the Indian Premier League (IPL) Rajeev Shukla said, “One concept that we are deliberating and considering is launching a mini edition of the IPL overseas. We have seen that there is huge attraction for IPL overseas. Earlier, we used to stage our Champions League T20 abroad and that slot is still vacant. We are thinking of a mini edition in that slot. Dubai will be most favored destination for the mini IPL.”
- UAE had started his first leg in the year of 2014 IPL due to general elections in India and Shukla said that Dubai can host the mini-IPL. In the report it is released that, over 2, 50,000 people had tuned in to watch the UAE leg of the IPL in 2014.
- Rajeev Shukla said, “So far we have decided for eight teams only, otherwise the season will get extended and that will be a problem. If we go for 10 teams, we will have to stage minimum 84 matches. However, the governing council will be considering it but so far the tender will be only for eight teams. The Indian players had played in the IPL before the Champions Trophy and so they were already fit and were in rhythm.”
- Dubai is a city and emirate in the United Arab Emirates known for luxury shopping, ultramodern architecture and a lively nightlife scene
- Burj Khalifa, an 830m-tall tower, dominates the skyscraper-filled skyline
- At its foot lies Dubai Fountain, with jets and lights choreographed to music
- On artificial islands just offshore is Atlantis, The Palm, a resort with water and marine-animal parks
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Moneycontrol wins Best Mobile App for Business award at GSMA Asia Mobile Awards 2017
- Media conglomerate Network18’s online financial news platform, moneycontrol,has created the record for the ‘Best Mobile App for Business’ award at the GSMA (Global System for Mobile communication Association) Asia Mobile Awards 2017 that was held in the Mobile World Congress in Shanghai.
- The Moneycontrol app has been given the award for its innovation, design, capabilities, customisation options, user experience, ease of use and reliability amongst other parameters. This famous ap has beaten the many of the popular application in the Asia and grabbed the best winnner in the best mobile app for business categories. It acquired 57% of 5 star ratings and total number of 2 billion Screen Views (Android + iOS).
- Manish Maheshwari, CEO Network18 Digital said: “It is a moment of pride for us at moneycontrol.com to have made the significant jump from being India’s No.1 finance app to now, being recognised as a leading business app in all of Asia. Our vision is to serve as the disruptors in the segment and continuously deliver breakthrough content and user experience. We look forward to keep the momentum going to achieve new milestones in the field.”
- Shanghai, on China’s central coast, is the country’s biggest city and a global financial hub
- Its heart is the Bund, a famed waterfront promenade lined with colonial-era buildings
- Across the Huangpu River rises the Pudong district’s futuristic skyline, including 632m Shanghai Tower and the Oriental Pearl TV Tower, with distinctive pink spheres
- Sprawling Yu Garden has traditional pavilions, towers and ponds
Well-known Vancouver Island businessman dies unexpectedly in Wash
- Vancouver Island businessman and philanthropist, the Tom Harris, who was the head of the car dealerships and cellphone outlets in B.C. and Alberta, he has died at the age of 60 years.
- In the early 1980s, when he was at the age of 33 years old, Harris has put in effort himself to saving his father’s Nanaimo dealership at that time the interest rate were 20 to 22 per cent. The all the bank has closed the 15 dealerships in B.C., including his father Jack Harris’s Chevrolet-Oldsmobile dealership, where Tom Harris was sales manager. The bank wanted to sell the assets, but Harris fought to keep the business going.
- His long-time friend Victoria lawyer Michael O’Connor said Thursday, “He was a wonderful man, a wonderful family man, and a wonderful gentleman who gave back to the community in so many different way. He was immensely successful in business but he also helped many, many people in business,”
- Vancouver Island, off Canada’s Pacific Coast, is known for its mild climate and thriving arts community
- On its southern tip is Victoria, British Columbia’s capital, and its boat-lined Inner Harbour, neo-baroque Parliament Buildings, grand Fairmont Empress Hotel and English-style gardens
- Harbour city Nanaimo, home of chocolate-and-custard Nanaimo bars, has an Old City Quarter with shops, galleries and restaurants
National Doctors’ Day
- National Doctors day in India is the best and big opportunity to celebrate and to know the roles, importance and responsibilities of the doctors and with this the professionals come in the act and fallow the responsibility of the Medical.
- Doctor’s Day in India has been established by the Government of India in the year 1991 and after that every year 1st of July as National Doctors day. It is fixed to celebrate on the 1st July because it is the many of the Birth and death anniversary physician of India Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy (Dr. B C Roy) to pay lots of honor and tribute.
- Bidhan Chandra Roy (Dr. B C Roy) has given the honored great Indian civilian award called Bharat Ratna on 4th of February in 1961.
- Firstly celebrated on- 1st July, 1991
- Established by- Government of India
- In the memory of- Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy (Dr. B C Roy)