Defence Ministry Appoints Panel to Expedite Capital Acquisition for Armed Forces Modernisation
- To complete the diet expense of the armed forces preparedness, Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has established the 13-member Raksha Mantri Advisory Committee on Ministry of Defence Capital Projects (RMCOMP).
- By the instruction of the Defence Ministry, in the term of the joint memeber of the committee, that will combine the excutive of the independent review and check the status of the running of the critical projects worth more than Rs 500 crore.
- The member committee will going to represent the startup of the project report on the identified projects to the Defence Minister by March 31, 2018. In the report, there should be the many of, that is besides the current status of the projects, issues, remedial measures and follow-up strategy.
- This member committee has been lead by the Vinay Sheel Oberoi, a former secretary in the government and the committee will have tenure until the end of August 2018.
- The Ministry of Defence is charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the government relating directly to national security and the Indian armed forces
- Formed: 1776
- Jurisdiction: India
- Headquarters: South Block, Cabinet Secretariat, Raisina Hill, New Delhi, 110 011
- Cabinet minister: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Minister of state: Subhash Bhamre
- Departments: Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare,
NHAI to Start ‘pay as you use’ Pilot Project on Delhi-Mumbai National Highways
- The road transport and highways ministry has been going to launch the pilot for a global positioning system (GPS)-based tolling project on the Delhi-Mumbai corridor, this move which has been taken that is the very of the change for the passengers as well as infrastructure companies.
- In this device that is the GPS-based tolling system, India’s first, commutes that will pay only for the distance that they travel on a toll road as against the current practice that will be the fix for the irrespective of whether they use all or a part of a road.
- This project will be implement at the project of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), will be the pilot for the “pay as you travel” scheme announced in the 2018-19 budget.
- The GPS-based tolling system will be based on full of automatic and in that the vehicles under trial will be fitted with a FASTag, that will start the automatic deduction of toll charges after which the toll gates will open automatically, a senior government official explained, on condition of anonymity.
- The National Highways Authority of India is an autonomous agency of the Government of India, responsible for management of a network of over 50,000 km of National Highways out of 1,15,000 km in India
- Founded: 1988
- Sector: Indian National Highway System
- Purpose: Development and maintenance of national highways
- Jurisdiction: India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Agency executive: Deepak Kumar (Chairman)
South Central Railway Becomes 1st Rail Zone with 100% LED Lighting at Stations
- The South Central Railway (SCR) on Friday has announced that this railway has become the very first country that has completed the total of the 100 per cent LED lighting at all the stations under its jurisdiction.
- The SCR has taken the one of the background of the take of the energy conservation measures. By this it has become the very first ever zone in the Indian Railways to complete 100 per cent LED lighting that has been installed the total of the 733 stations under its jurisdiction, Chief Public Relations Officer M Umashankar Kumar said in a release.
- SCR General Manager Vinod Kumar Yadav has given the complement with the officers and staff for the achievement. “In total number of the 733 railway stations on the zone have been installed with the 100 per cent LED lighting,” Kumar said.
- There has been the expectation of the total of the 32 lakh units of electrical energy worth Rs 2.7 crore per year, the CPRO added.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi left for his three-nation visit to Palestine, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Oman
- Just after the six month of the visit at the Israel, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been leave for the three-nation tour on Friday that will take him to Palestine in the short term, but in that there will be the meeting that will be very historic and important before traveling to United Arab Emirates and Oman. He will start this travel on Monday. “This visit will be the very first of the Prime Ministerial visit to Palestine from India,” PM Modi said in a statement in the term to visit that New Delhi has described as “historic”.
- There has been at the New Delhi, PM Modi has been take the tour from the Jordanian capital Amman and from there he will take the chopper ride to reach the Palestinian city of Ramallah a little over 100 km away. In the city that is of the West Bank, that will hosts the Palestinian Authority’s presidential headquarters, also serves as its de facto capital.
- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, who has been did the meeting with the PM Modi in Delhi last year, has did the welcomed the Indian leader in what he has described as “a significant” visit by a “grand guest”.
- President Abbas, who is 52 years old, has told in the report of the media that he would discuss the possible role India can play in enhancing peace in the region.
India Ranks 44th in Global Intellectual Property Index, US Tops
- A US lobby group that gives the rank on the base of the intellectual property friendliness to innovation based on the global corporations that has changed the India’s position in its current year’s ranking.
- The Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce has given the statement of the India ranked 44th of 50 economies in that there is the jump has done that is from 43rd of 45 economies one year ago and has improved the performance both in relative and absolute terms in its annual International IP Index.
- By the index, that has released on February 8 has ranks economies based on 40 unique indicators that benchmark activity critical to innovation development surrounding patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secrets protection.
- “In that there been the comparison with the 25 percent (8.75 out of 35) of the possible total score in the fifth edition, India has scored total of the 30 percent (12.03 out of 40) in the sixth edition, representing the largest percentage improvement of any country measured”, GIPC stated.
BANKING AND FINANCE
CCI Slaps Rs 136 crore Fine on Google for Unfair Business Practices
- India’s antitrust regulator on Thursday has give the fine adjustment that is of the Rs 136 crore on Google Inc. for the business practices in the local market for online search.
- In the term of the order that is filed in the year 2012, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) said that there would be the penalty is being imposed on Google for “infringing anti-trust conduct”. Globally, in that there will be the universally of the cases where Google has been penalized for unfair business practices.
- In that there has been the imposed of the Google indulged in abuse of its dominant position in online search by the practices leading to search bias and search manipulation, among others.
- In that there has been the penalty of Rs 135.86 crore translates to 5% of the firm’s average total revenue generated from India operations from its different business segments for the financial years 2013, 2014 and 2015, according to the CCI order.
IndusInd Bank Launches New Sonic Identity, A musical Logo
- IndusInd Bank has launched one of the new Sonic Identity on Friday, that is look like the musical logo, which is like the part of its branding initiatives.
- The main aim of this is the sonic identification is building the Bank’s brand imagery with the term of the main use of the music and sound for brand experiences and audience connection.
- At the event of the launch, Anil Ramachandran – head, marketing & corp communication and retail unsecured assets at IndusInd Bank said, “Sound and sonic branding has been put at the side that is the one of the radio, yet its power and importance has often been marginalized.
- Music can be taken as the type of the emotional essence of a brand like no other. A sonic identity adds a powerful dimension to the visual identity and can work subliminally and by that there will be the safe of the music, it becomes part of a brand’s cultural impact.
Science and Technology
RK Singh Launches ASH TRACK Mobile App for Better Management of Fly Aash
- Union Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Shri R.K Singh, has launched the Web based monitoring System and a Fly Ash mobile application that has named given the ASH TRACK here today.
- By this enabling of the platform there will be the better management of the ash produced by thermal power plants by providing an interface between fly ash producers (Thermal Power Plants) and potential ash users such as road contractors, cement plants etc.
- In the event, by giving the advice the Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Shri R K Singh said that proper management of fly ash is not only important for the environment but for us also as the ash produced by the power plants occupies a lot of land space.
- He told about the present that is the 63 per cent of the fly ash has been used properly and target is for 100 per cent utilisation of the fly ash. Because of this there has been the Minister emphasized the need for education and awareness generation. He also told that the contractors and construction engineers need to know the benefits of using fly ash in construction.
Khelo India School Games Concludes; Haryana Tops Medal Tally
- On the day of the final day haul of medals, Haryana has set the line to Maharashtra by emerged the setting of the team champions of the startup of the Khelo India School Games in New Delhi on Friday.
- In the starting there has been the gold medal less than Maharashtra, Haryana has clinched the 15 maximum and with their boxers winning the number of 10 of them – on the final day. Haryana’s other gold medals has bagged the two in judo and one each from archery, football and hockey.
- Total of the Haryana has won 38 gold, 26 silver and 38 bronze medals, and the Maharashtra finished the Games at 36 gold, 32 silver and 42 bronze.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi Becomes ICC’s 1st Independent Female Director
- Indra Nooyi, the PepsiCo chairperson and CEO, has been given the post of the ICC board as the one of the very first independent female director. Nooyi, who has been appointed, her confirmation has been decided amazingly and confirmed in a meeting on Friday, will join the board in June 2018.
- In the last of the year, the ICC had given the approval for the wide list of changes to its governance structure, in that there was the change in the Board to 17 directors: 12 Full Members, three Associates, the ICC chairman, and an independent director who must be a woman. In month of November, last year 2017, the ICC opened the recruitment process for the post.
- “I like this game that the cricket,” Nooyi said. “I used to play this game when I was young, and this time also, I cherish the lessons the game taught me about teamwork, integrity, respect, and healthy competition,”