Law ministry nixes plan to make Aadhaar mandatory for driving licenses
- Aadhaar, which is the 12-digit identity number, has not be made the necessary for the one of the driving license, the law ministry has told the road transport ministry which is coming out with a new application form for drivers, it is said by the news of the report.
- Aadhaar could be a “preferred identity document” but linking it to new licenses should be “voluntary”, the law ministry said, citing the legal challenges the biometric identity number is facing in the Supreme Court. The apex court had on December 14 extended to March 31 the deadline for linking Aadhaar to various services and schemes. If you want to know more about attorney browse this site.
- “As per the motor vehicles act, documents for proof of age and address is required for applying for driving licenses for which use of Aadhaar has not been agreed by the department of legal affairs as it is only an identity document,” say the minutes of the meeting reviewed by report of media. If you are charged with any vehicle-related violation while driving, then you can contact Los Angeles traffic violation attorney immediately. You can navigate to this website for more details regarding to traffic violation attorney.
- “However, when the road ministry sent the draft notification to the law ministry for vetting, the ministry said the form should specify that Aadhaar should be optional and nobody should be denied a driving license if they don’t have it,” a road ministry official said. As per personal injury law hiring the right attorney makes all the difference.Hire a personal injury attorney if you have been injured in an accident by the negligence of another.
- The Ministry of Law and Justice in the Government of India is a cabinet ministry which deals with the management of the legal affairs, legislative activities and administration of justice in India
- Website: lawmin.nic.in
- Formed: 1833
- Jurisdiction: Government of India
- Headquarters: Cabinet Secretariat, Raisina Hill, New Delhi
- Cabinet minister: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Minister of state: P. P. Choudhary
Uttar Pradesh has launched a free household power connection scheme for the poor in the state
- Uttar Pradesh has been going to launch the free household power connection scheme for the poor people in the state to mark former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birth anniversary.
- “To begin with Lohban and Gausana, the two villages of Mathura district have been covered for 100 per cent electrification on the birth anniversary of former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee,” said Srikant Sharma, Uttar Pradesh Power Minister.
- “The government has a target of covering 16 million by 2018-end, driven by Yogi Adityanath government’s motto ‘Prakash hai to vikas hai’ (the barometer of development is light),” he stated.
- BPL card holders, that is who have the no roof on the top and has the less than the Rs 35,000 as income a year are eligible. They can get get connection by paying Rs 550 only as against the earlier Rs 10,000.
Bill to criminalise instant triple talaq to be tabled in Lok Sabha today
- The government has going to present the Thursday the long awaited bill of the criminalise triple talaq or instant divorce in the Lok Sabha amid reservation from several parties over key provisions, and various Muslim organisations asking Prime Minister Narendra Modi to withhold and withdraw the proposed law.
- “The Congress stand is that the SC judgment should be followed in letter and spirit. However, using a highly polarised 3-2 verdict, and that too, with variation even among the majority verdicts, the government can’t and shouldn’t misuse that verdict as a springboard for significant expansion not even remotely contemplated in majority verdicts,” Abhishek Manu Singhvi told the Hindustan Times.
- “Is this the most pressing issue in the country? How many cases of triple talaq happen in the country? Islam doesn’t approve of triple talaq. The Centre must focus on issues like malnutrition among children, trafficking of women instead,” he said.
- “The three-year imprisonment for a husband who gives triple talaq to his wife is a point of concern. If the law is unnecessarily stringent, every possibility that it may be misused and not serve the purpose,” said Mahtab.
- All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) spokesperson Maulana Sajjad Nomani, after an emergency meeting on the issue in Lucknow, said: “The terms set out in the proposed bill not only encroach upon the constitutional guarantees granted to religious minorities but are also against the very essence of the verdict delivered by the Supreme Court on August 22, 2017, in instant triple divorce matter.”If you have any problem regarding traffic ticket here is a traffic lawyer that can help you fight back. Patrick B. Courtney said that we can handle any of your traffic attorney needs here.
Russia accuses U.S. of training former Islamic State fighters in Syria
- The chief of the Russian General Staff has set at the United States of training former Islamic State fighters in Syria for the accuse of the destabilise the country.
- “They are in reality being trained there,” Gerasimov said, saying there were also a large number of militants and former Islamic State fighters at Shadadi, where he said there was also a U.S. base.
- “They are practically Islamic State,” he said. “But after they are worked with, they change their spots and take on another name. Their task is to destabilise the situation.”
- The Islamic State, or ISIS, has get lost many of the plans of the teritory in the Syria and Iraq. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Wednesday the main part of the battle with the Islamic State in Syria was over, according to the state-run RIA news agency.
Chinese cities to implement visa waiver for visitors from 53 countries
- The Chinese cities of Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei has been going to permission that there can be the visit from the 53 countries to visit the region, without having to obtain a visa, for a six-day stay, the media reported.
- This implementation has been come in the act from Thursday and will be applied to visitors from 53 countries including the Schengen area member states, the US, Brazil, Mexico, Chile and Argentina, the official People’s Daily reported on Twitter.
- In the recent the Beijing and Tianjin allow visa-free visits of up to 72 hours — a measure applied in 16 other international airports including Shanghai, Guangzhou and Xi’an, Efe news cited the daily as saying.
- By this act there will be the involve of the Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei, a northern province that has been eyed by the central government as the next economic corridor equivalent to the traditional hubs in the deltas of the Rivers Yangtze (area around Shanghai) and Pearl (Guangzhou and Hong Kong).
In a First, Commercial Flight Nod for Made-in-India Plane Dornier 228
- There will be going to easy to fly from one country to another country by the smaller plane that is Made in India Dornier 228 aircraft. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) manufactures the 19-seater aircraft, which is in the present used by the defence forces.
- “Some special incentives may be given to operators using this plane. Apart from airlines in India, HAL may also look at selling this plane for civil use in neighboring countries such as Nepal and Sri Lanka,” the report quoted an official as saying.
- “Airports are in short supply in India. Lots of the growth in India is happening in small markets, but those small markets have little or no connectivity. The amphibian plane opens up a lot of areas, creates a lot of flexibility,” SpiceJet Chairman Ajay Singh had told Bloomberg earlier in October.
BANKING AND FINANCE
$318 Million Loan Agreement Signed with World Bank for Farmers in Tamil Nadu
- The World Bank has been going to give the $318 million loan for the provider of the modernisation in Tamil Nadu and in that there will be the small help in the marginal farmers improve water management and adopt climate resilient techniques.
- “About 500,000 farmers, of which a majority are small and marginal, are expected to benefit from improved and modernised tank irrigation systems,” it said.
- “Tamil Nadu is a water stressed state that continues to experience water shortages which are expected to exacerbate in future,” said Sameer Kumar Khare, joint secretary, department of economic affairs, ministry of finance.
- “Rehabilitating and modernising irrigation tanks will improve the reliability and availability of irrigation water for farming communities, making them less prone to climatic hazards. More than 160,000 ha of currently partially irrigated lands will come into full irrigation under this project,” Khare said.
- “This project will help Tamil Nadu scale up its efforts to unlock the full potential of its agriculture sector. It will support farmers improve efficiency of water used in farming, diversify into high value crops and produce crops that are resilient to increasing threats of climate change,” said John Blomquist, programme leader and acting country director, World Bank, India.
- The World Bank is an international financial institution that provides loans to countries of the world for capital programs
- President: Jim Yong Kim
- CEO: Kristalina Georgieva (2 Jan 2017–)
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
- Subsidiaries: International Finance Corporation,
- VPs: Antonella Bassani (Budget, Performance Review, Strategic Planning),
- Parent organization: United Nations
Want to clear your debts conveniently, go to the website https://georgettemillerlaw.com/locations/new-jersey/
IRDAI Norms Allow Insurers to Begin Offshore Business from GIFT IFSC
- Insurance operations at India’s one of the operational International Financial Services Centre (IFSC), at Gujarat International Finance Tec City (GIFT), has been going to give the increment to the Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India (IRDAI) by providing the one of the undertaking offshore insurance business from this IFSC.
- In this law, there will be the some of the issues of the India; foreign insurers have been permitted to open IFSC Insurance Offices (IIO) at GIFT IFSC, which has been notified as foreign territory by the Government of India. moneyexpert.com have identified different type of insurances and compared them on their website.
- Foreign direct insurers (life, non-life and general) and foreign re-insurers has been given the permission to open the office to undertake dollar-denominated business from within the IFSC in GIFT SEZ, all other Special Economic Zones in India, and foreign countries (including foreign to foreign, India to foreign and foreign to India). In this there will be the provider of the domestic insurance and reinsurance business in line with the provisions of IRDA regulations, said Ajay Pandey, MD & Group CEO, GIFT City, here on Wednesday.
- The Government of India has provided competitive tax regime for the IFSC units and thereby units are provided 10 year tax holiday (of which the first 5 years is a complete tax holiday and for next 5 years there’s a tax reduction of 50%),which is applicable for all insurers operating within GIFT IFSC. For export of services, insurance companies operating from IFSC are exempted from GST.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is an autonomous, statutory agency tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India
- Website: irdai.gov.in
- Founded: 1999
- Sector: Insurance
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Agency executive: T.S.Vijayan (Chairman)
- Type: Statutory corporation
SBI gets board okay to raise Rs 8,000 crore to comply Basel III
- State Bank of India on Wednesday has announced that it has been given the approval for the raising Rs 8,000 crore to meet Basel III capital adequacy norms through various instruments, including masala bonds.
- The state-run lender said that it has given the time till the next year of the month March 2018 to raise the funds required to meet the Basel III capital adequacy norms put in place to guard against a repeat of the situation following the 2008 US financial crisis.
- “The Central Board at its meeting held today accorded approval to raise additional tier 1 (AT 1) capital by way of issuance of Basel III compliant debt instruments in USD and/or INR to the tune of Rs 8,000 crore from domestic/international market including masala bonds,” the SBI said in a stock exchange filing.
- Banks in India has to be apply of the norm with the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision by March 2019, which is three months later than the internationally agreed deadline of January 2019.
- State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company
- It is a government-owned corporation with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Customer service: 1800 425 3800
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Subsidiaries: SBI Cards, State Bank of Hyderabad,
Science and Technology
Physicists discover new exotic state of matter
- Scientists in Germany has discovered the one of the evidence of a new and exotic matter state where the constituent particles pair up when limited to two dimensions.
- “The findings, published in the journal Science, may hold important clues to intriguing phenomena of superconductivity,” researchers said.
- “In solid-state materials like copper oxides, there are many different effects and impurities that make these materials difficult to study,” said Puneet Murthy, a PhD student at Heidelberg University’s Center for Quantum Dynamics. “That is why we use ultracold atoms to simulate the behaviour of electrons in solids. This allows us to create very clean samples and gives us full control over the essential system parameters,” said Murthy.
- “This means that electrons in these systems can only move in two-dimensional planes,” said the head of the project Prof Dr. Selim Jochim, of Heidelberg University’s Institute for Physics.
- “What we did not understand until now was how the interplay of pairing and dimensionality can lead to higher critical temperatures,” said Jochim.
- “To achieve our ultimate goal of better understanding these phenomena, we will start with small systems that we put together atom by atom,” said Jochim.
Liverpool Land Virgil Van Dijk in World Record Deal For Defender
- Liverpool has signed Southampton’s Virgil van Dijk on Wednesday for the provider of the £75 million (R1.235 billion) in a deal that makes him the world’s most expensive defender.
- “Liverpool Football Club can confirm they have reached an agreement with Southampton for the transfer of Virgil van Dijk,” a statement on the club’s website said.
- “Southampton have agreed a fee that will set a new world-record for a defender. The club wishes Virgil well in his future when the deal is completed on January 1st 2018,” a statement read.
- “The Reds have agreed a deal with the south coast club, and the player himself, that will see the 26-year-old defender move to Anfield when the transfer window re-opens on January 1, 2018.
- “The Netherlands international will be assigned squad number four, upon his arrival at Liverpool.”
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Anushka Sharma is PETA’s ‘Person of the Year’
- The famous Bollywood actor Anushka Sharma has been comes the name in the PETA’s Person of the Year by animal rights organisation People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
- She is better known by his movie PK, Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Anushka is a vegetarian, has nabbed the title for helping to protect dogs from fireworks to advocating for horses who are forced to pull carriages in Mumbai.
- “Anushka Sharma is a proud animal rights proponent whose kindness and initiative know no bounds,” PETA Associate Director Sachin Bangera said in a statement.
- “PETA is calling on everyone to follow her lead by eating healthy plant-based meals, helping community animals by speaking up when they are suffering, and always keeping an eye out for new ways to help animals,” Bangera added.
Music Legend Robbie Malinga Passes Away
- South Africans has got the sad news by the waking up in the morning that the death of music icon Robbie Malinga. He has died at the age of 49 years.
- Television presenter wrote, “Sad to hear the news of the passing of music legend Robbie Malinga. A man still full of so much life. May you Rest In Peace.RIPRobbieMalinga”
- South Africa Minister of Police tweeted, “We will NEVER forget u Robstar you’ll b remembered as one among the greatest in Mzantsi producer,composer, music vocalist par exellence. #RIPRobbieMalinga”