Vijay Rupani Remains Gujarat Chief Minister, Nitin Patel His Deputy
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislators on Friday re-elected Vijay Rupani has been for the once more for the chief minister and chose Mehsana legislator Nitin Patel as his deputy. The name has been decided as the some of the 99 BJP legislators at the party’s state headquarters in Gandhinagar.
- “There was only one resolution…to elect Vijay Rupani as leader of BJP legislature party and Nitin Patel as the deputy leader. This resolution been passed unanimously,” Union finance minister and BJP national observer Arun Jaitley announced in Gandhinagar on Friday.
- “My sincere gratitude to Honourable PM Shri Narendra Modiji & BJP President Shri Amit Shahji for reposing trust and confidence in a humble karyakarta like me. I also thank Gujarat BJP for sustaining trust,” Rupani said in a tweet on Friday.
- “We would let you know the date of swearing in of the new government shortly,” Jaitley later told mediapersons.
India’s First design University Opens in Haryana
- India’s first of the only University of the design that is the, World University of Deisgn has opened it campus at Sonipat, Haryana.
- This University has been given the pramotion by the Om Parkash Bansal Educational and Social Welfare Trust of Mandi Gobindgarh, Punjab, having more than two decades of presence in higher education, the university is currently located in a sprawling lush green picturesque campus with the state-of-the-art infrastructure and world class facilities.
- “Contemporary Design education not only creates value and contributes to competitiveness, prosperity, and well-being of a nation but also enables collaboration, hyper-specialization and moving beyond the limits of future thinking and existing technology. We constantly work to empower youth to take ownership of the journey towards a sustainable economy and a future led by innovation,” said Director General of WUD, Dr. Sanjay Gupta.
- “WUD will be a strategically critical platform for providing youth with the tools they need to drive India’s future development. Education is changing and as we increasingly face the growing challenges of a complex socio business environment, high quality trans-disciplinary education with a design foundation and thinking, becomes more critical than ever,” he added.
Indian Navy Conducts Exercise Naseem-Al-Bahr with Oman Navy
- Indian Naval Ships Trikand and Teg are deployed to Oman for bilateral exercise ‘Naseem Al Bahr’ or ‘Sea Breeze’. This exercise will be the 11th edition and has been a biennial feature since 1993. The Indian ships has been comes in the Muscat on 16 December 2017 for the harbour phase. A Pre-sail conference for the exercise chaired by Executive Officer of the base, Capt Aqeed Rukn Barry, was held at Said Bin Sultan Naval Base, Wudam on 17 December 2017.
- There has been the some of the Royal Navy of Oman embarked Indian Naval Ship Teg on 18 December 2017 for briefing on basic Anti-submarine warfare procedures. The Indian Navy ships along with four Royal Navy of Oman ships Al Rasikh, Khassab, Al Mubashir and Al Bushra sailed for the sea phase of the exercise where, for the first time, an Indian Navy submarine as well as the versatile P8I, long range maritime aircraft are participating.
- Vice Admiral Girish Luthra, PVSM, ASM, VSM, ADC, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief Western Naval Command is on a visit to Oman from 21 December to 25 December 2017 to witness the ongoing bilateral exercise.
- The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces
- The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy
- The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star Admiral, commands the navy
- Motto: शं नो वरुणः (Sanskrit); Sham No Varunaḥ (IAST); May the Lord of the Water be auspicious unto us (English)
- Garrison/HQ: Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy)
- Founded: 5 September 1612
- Fighter: Mikoyan MiG-29K
- Size: 67,109
- Engagements: World War II, World War I
India-Switzerland Deal Inked for Information Exchange
- In the term to create the some of the management in the term of the black money stashed abroad, the India has signed an agreement with Switzerland on Thursday that would allow automatic sharing of tax- related information from January 1 next year, the CBDT said.
- “With the completion of the parliamentary procedure in Switzerland and signing of mutual agreement, India and Switzerland are set for automatic exchange of information for the period beginning from January 1, 2018,” the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) said.
- “It will now be possible for India to receive from September, 2019 onwards, the financial information of accounts held by Indian residents in Switzerland for 2018 and subsequent years, on an automatic basis,” the government earlier said.
- The policy-making body for the Income Tax Department said “The agreement was signed by CBDT chairman Sushil Chandra and Swiss Ambassador to India Andreas Baum at the North Block here. A joint declaration for the implementation of Automatic Exchange of Information (AEOI) was signed last month between the two sides here and it provided that both countries would start collecting data in accordance with the global standards in 2018 and exchange it from 2019 onwards.”
Loan Agreement Signed Between India & Germany for Pare Hydroelectric Plant Project
- A Loan agreement and a Guarantee agreement to give the some of the money that is the Euro 20 million was signed today for the project ‘Pare Hydroelectric Plant’ under Indo-German Bilateral Development Cooperation.
- The Loan agreement for the project was signed by Sh. A.G. West Kharkongor, Chairman and Managing Director, North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO) and Mr. Christoph Kessler, Director, KFW while the Guarantee Agreement was signed by Sh. S. Selvakumar, Joint Secretary, DEA and Mr. Christoph Kessler, Director, KFW in the presence of H.E. Dr. Martin Ney, Ambassador of Federal Republic of Germany to India,.
- It may be recalled that in 2008, Germany had signed a loan agreement with North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Limited (NEEPCO) for providing Euro 80 million with Government of India’s Guarantee for the project ‘Pare Hydroelectric Plant’ under Indo-German Bilateral Development Cooperation.
- The broad objective of the project is generation of hydroelectric power for socio-economic development of the North Eastern Region. The purpose of the project is efficient and ecological friendly generation of electric power. This will contribute to the economic efficient generation of power, growth in the North East region and protection of global climate.
BANKING AND FINANCE
SBI refers Ushdev International to bankruptcy court
- Government owned State Bank of IndiaBSE 1.04 % (SBI) that has started the some of the starting in the term of the government of the Ushdev InternationalBSE -4.09 %, the company which was part of the second list released by the Reserve Bank of India.
- In the month of the August, the RBI has directed banks to find resolution for 28 loan accounts by December 13. In the term of the bank that has the unable of the resolution plan before December 13 2017, the RBI said that lead bank should refer these cases to National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) by December 31, 2017.
- Late Vijay Gupta, who started operation as commission agent and later diversified to become a power generating and trading company in steel, founded Ushdev International. The promoters have 54% stake in the company and public holds the balance equity stake.
- The shares of the company reported a loss of RS 229 crore in fiscal year 2016-17 against profit of Rs 52 crore a year ago. The shares of the company closed 4% lower than yesterday’s close at Rs 2.11 a share.
- State Bank of India is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company
- It is a government-owned corporation with its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Customer service: 1800 425 3800
- Chairperson: Rajnish Kumar
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Subsidiaries: SBI Cards, State Bank of Hyderabad
RBI’s doorstep service mandate spurs bank hirings
- There has been some of the reduce in the term of the digital and software robotics, which has been going to help to reach out to customers in an easier manner, the Reserve Bank of India has thrown a spanner in the works.
- With the central bank mandating doorstep banking for senior citizens, there are the many bank that has been going to hiring plans to meet the requirements under the new norms. In November, the regulator had mandated that banks will offer doorstep banking facilities to senior citizens of over 70 years and the differently-abled.
- “Our representatives go and meet customers and we have received a lot of feedback about how customers are happy with such a service — this is not only for senior citizens or differently-abled people,” said R Baskar Babu, MD of the bank. “We will see how this service catches up and will accordingly plan further investments and chalk out plans to hire more people.”
Science and Technology
Elon Musk’s SpaceX caps record year with Friday rocket launch
- SpaceX’s launch Friday evening that is the carried by the satellites into low-earth orbit caps a record year for the closely held company led by Elon Musk.
- “SpaceX has had a phenomenal year, and they’ve motivated and inspired a lot of people as to what is possible,” said Eric Stallmer, president of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation, an industry group for the private space sector.
- “SpaceX is now dominant in terms of launch volume,” said Marco Caceres, a senior space analyst with Teal Group Corp., an aerospace and defence market researcher. “They’ve established that they can launch more than any other programme in the world, and they’ve established reusability. If they do 30 launches next year, it will be spectacular, but the big story for 2018 is Falcon Heavy and Commercial Crew.”
- “They are No. 1 in terms of cost, and that’s why they are getting so much business,” Caceres said.
- Space Exploration Technologies Corp., doing business as SpaceX, is an American aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company headquartered in Hawthorne, California
- Founder: Elon Musk
- Founded: 2002
- CEO: Elon Musk (2002–)
- Headquarters: Hawthorne, California, United States
- Number of employees: 7,000
- Type of business: Privately held company
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Salman Khan Tops Forbes India Celebrity List 2017
- Superstar Salman Khan has once more has get the top spot in Forbes India Celebrity 100 list for the second consecutive year. The ‘Badshah’ of Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan and India’s cricket captain Virat Kohli has taken the second and third spot respectively with actor Priyanka Chopra named as only female celebrity in top 10 list.
- Joy Chakraborthy, CEO — Forbes India and President — Revenue, TV18, said, “We are delighted to present yet another collector’s edition of Forbes India which will hit the stands soon. Over the years this list has established itself as the definitive benchmark of who’s making what in the entire entertainment world.”
- “This year’s Celebrity 100 list is based on a revised methodology focusing on the celebrities’ earnings, thus reflecting in better representation and hence a well-rounded Celebrity list of 100.”
- Shuttler PV Sindhu (₹57.25 crore) was the highest money gainer (in percentage terms), that is the like of the some of the 17 times, propelled by several brand endorsements following her 2016 Rio Olympics silver medal. There is only one woman in the top 10, Priyanka Chopra (₹68 crore) at number 7, as she continued to make her mark internationally.
Jordan Feldstein, Maroon 5’s manager and Jonah Hill’s brother, dies at 40
- Jordan Feldstein, who was the longtime manager of Maroon 5 and brother of actor Jonah Hill, has died at the age of 40 years, band spokeswoman Carleen Donovan confirmed Saturday to report.
- “Massive RIP to Jordy Feldstein,” OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder shared on Twitter to his “longterm comrade in this crazy music business.. Maroon 5 mgr among many others, thoughts and prayers to his family, his kids, & The (Maroon 5) family. So sad today.”
- Feldstein founded management company Career Artist Management (CAM), which was based out of the Live Nation offices in Beverly Hills. In addition to Maroon 5, the CAM roster includes Miguel, Elle King and Robin Thicke, among others. Feldstein negotiated Maroon 5’s Adam Levine’s coach role on NBC’s “The Voice.”