Nitin Gadkari Inaugurates 29th Road Safety Week in New Delhi
- Besides administering Road Safety oath, Gadkari has launched the book that is the named is “Have a Safe Journey” and also given the award to school students.
- Nitin Gadkari said it is government’s priority to make confirm that this will be the safety for people on road and common person’s cooperate is imperative.
- The Road and Highways minister also said that the central government had did the increment in the National Highways keeping in mind the traffic density and various other factors.
Diu, 1st to Run on 100% Renewable Energy during Daytime
- Diu Smart City has become the first city in India that runs on 100% renewable energy during daytime setting a new benchmark for other cities to become clean and green. Diu had been importing 73% of its power from Gujarat until last year. It has now adopted a two-pronged approach whereby a 9 MW solar park spread over 50 hectares rocky barren land has been developed besides installing solar panels on the roof tops on 79 government buildings thereby generating 1.3 MW annually.
- To further enhance its solar capacity, Diu offers its residents a subsidy of Rs 10, 000-50,000 for installing 1-5KW roof top solar panels. Diu is saving about 13,000 tonnes of carbon emissions every year. Due to low-cost solar energy, power tariffs have been cut in residential category by 10% last year and 15% this year.
- To improve traffic management in Bengaluru Smart City, a prototype of an intelligent traffic management solution is currently being tested in collaboration with the Electronics City Township Authority (ELCITA).
- It will provide traffic information that is currently unavailable, and help improve management of commuter traffic. It involves capturing video streams from several cameras and processing them using artificial intelligence so that typical traffic management tasks such as vehicle detection, traffic density estimation and control of traffic lights can be automated for real-time performance.
Iran Bans Banks from Using Cryptocurrencies
- Iran’s central bank has released that it has going to do ban on the use of the Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies by banks and other financial institutions, the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) has given the report in the media.
- “According to CBI public relations department, CBI made the decision by its supreme committee in charge of fight with money laundering last Iranian calendar year,” the state news agency said in a statement.
- “Virtual currencies have the option to be used for money laundering, supporting terrorism, and exchange of sums between wrongdoers,” pointed out the CBI circulation.
- “Given that Bitcoin and other currencies have not been introduced by the central bank as the official currency, as well as the risk of buying it and the activity of traders in this field, more precautions are coming into the market because of the possibility of malice,” Naser Hakimi said at the time.
Canada, EU to Host World’s 1st Female Foreign Ministers Meeting
- Canada has been going to host the world’s small but growing band of female foreign ministers in term of the meeting at this year’s UN General Assembly, Canada’s Chrystia Freeland announced on that day.
- Freeland said she and Mogherini had decided to host talks on September 21 and 22 ahead of UNGA just for these “inspiring” female foreign ministers. “We are sure that such an initiative will give rise to some very constructive discussions,” she said.
- “All of us women foreign ministers said we are often in meetings where we are the only woman, and so Taro got a little bit what it was like,” she joked, thanking him.
BANKING AND FINANCE
IOB Inks Information Utility Pact with NeSL
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), one of the leading public sector banks, on Friday has signed the agreement for the term of the information utility services with the National E-Governance Services Limited (NeSL).
- The NeSL has been ranked on the India’s first information utility (IU) for bankruptcy cases in term of the ‘Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) 2016’ in October of the year 2017.
- By this agreement there has the IOB branches has been going to give the facility on the high-quality, authenticated information about debts and defaults; which will have more transparency in maintaining the list of borrowers, debtors, creditors and loan defaulters.
- “This agreement signifies the core services of NeSL under IBC and information utility regulations which would be available to IOB stakeholders. The information utility service will enable lenders in making decisions on credit transactions,” said R M.A.Alagappan, General Manager, Indian Overseas Bank.
India Wins 8th South Asian Judo Championship
- India has won the title in the fifth of the state that is the 8th series of South Asian Judo Championship here last evening.
- In the men’s team category, India has get victory by defeating the arch-rivals Pakistan 3-2 in the finals to claim the title. Under the women’s team category, India thrashed hosts Nepal 5-0 to seal the title.
- India has completed its ending by doing to compete of the sum of 12 Gold medals and three Bronze medals.
- “The Asian Games are ahead of us which is to be held in Indonesia, we are now giving all our strength for it. We will be practicing hard and well for it,” gold-medalist Anita Chanu told ANI.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Egyptian Photographer Mahmoud Abu Zeid Wins UNESCO Press Freedom Prize
- The United Nations’ cultural has did unseen to the warning of the Egypt and awarded the World Press Freedom Prize Monday to an imprisoned Egyptian photographer.
- This was one of the undefended passion of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization gave the honor to Mahmoud Abu Zeid, a photojournalist known as Shawkan.
- Egypt’s parliament speaker, Ali Abdel-Al, said Monday “the organization has tried before to take a political approach in some issues that led some countries to walk out.”
- Jury president Maria Ressa said the award, which recognizes the promotion of press freedom especially in the face of danger, “pays tribute to his courage, resistance and commitment to freedom of expression.