Praise for ‘sincere’ Nitin Gadkari and his traffic reforms across parties
- The Lok Sabha welcomed, motor vehicles amendment bill which comes from standing committee.
- On Friday, Lok Sabha supported all-round for bill that proposes radical reforms in traffic laws, imposing strict penalties for violations and holding vehicle manufacturers accountable for design defects.
- Lok Sabha on august 9, 2016 has introduced the Motor vehicles (Amendment) Bill 2016. Then it referred to standing committee on transport, tourism and culture.
- BJD member Tathagata Satpathy said that Gadkari is a “Hardworking person” and it is bent on proving that good thing can also be done while government is bad. While referring this he said “Even in the darkest of night, a single star looks bright.”
- Nitin Gadkari is an Indian politician and also a Minister of Road transport and Highways and
- He was served as a president of Bharatiya Janata party before becoming a Minister.
- From 1995 to 1999 he served Public Works Department (PWD) and restructured it from top to bottom.
Park Street renamed after Bangladesh founder
- Through a circular motion, Park Street is named. Unlike the three other instances of rechristening, where a council meeting had been called to discuss the proposal.
- Before the Prime Minister of Sheikh Hasina arrives on a four-day-visit, the NDMC is approving its renaming a day.
- The approval of proposal is accepted by all members, except Surinder Singh of AAP MLA, he who suggest the name Sant Ravidas ji,s for this road.
- The New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) has a decision, aimed at expressing a “friendly gesture”, by circular motion. Park street has been rename after the founder of Bangladesh – Bangabandhu sheikh Mujibur Rahman-ahead of sheikh Hasina’s vist.
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman served twice as the country’s President.
- He was also a strongman premier between 1972 to 1975. He was known as a Bangabandhu.
- And he also has a daughter name Sheikh Hasina who is a current prime Minister of Bangladesh.
Uttar Pradesh government to ink ‘Power for All’ scheme with Centre
- The State Minister Shrikhant Sharma said that Adityanath has also directed that there would be no cut off of electricity in between 7pm to 11pm, when the students are studying.
- On April 14, the chief minister yogi Adityanath scheduled a sign the ‘Power for all’ scheme with union power ministry.
- It is to be said that UP is the only state that has not enter into any agreement under the Centre’s of ‘Power for All’ scheme.
- The electricity would be supplied to as per roster, according to which, villages should get power for 18 hours is ordered by CM himself.
- It is consider that the state government is providing electricity to every household and field till 2018.
- Yogi Adityanath is a current Chief Minister of UP, He is an Indian priest and also a politician which is an image with Hindutwa a “firebrand”.
- On March 2017, he was appointed chief minister after the Bhartiya janta party (BJP) won the 2017 state assembly elections, in which he was a prominent
National Mental Health Survey: ‘Around 22 lakh in Punjab suffer from mental illness’
- The four district Faridkot, Ludhiana, Moga and Patiala. The survey is chosen in which 2,895 people were randomly selected and interviewed that was a Doctor said.
- And it is found that there is many Punjabi suffering from mental illness. Every 8th Punjabi is suffering from mental illness.
- In Punjab they found survey of total lifetime prevalence of mental illness was 18% (national level: 13.6%) and the current prevalence was 13% (national level: 10.5%).
- It is observed that in Punjab it is nearly 9 lakh of people are suffering from mental illness.
- The survey has mention that the treatment gap was 80% for common mental disorders, 57% for severe mental disorders, 81% for alcohol use disorders and 82% for depressive disorders.
- There is nearly 5% has a suicidal risk of a surveyed people.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Population – 2,77,04,236 (as per 2011 census)
- Chief Minister – Amarinder Singh
- State Governor – V.P. Singh Badnore
Manohar Lal Khattar says that the Sex Ratio touches 950 marks for first time in Haryana state
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said today the sex ratio at birth stood at 950 girls to 1,000 boys for the first time in the history of the state in March this year.
- As per district-wise data, the sex ratio at birth during March in Kaithal, Rohtak, Jhajjar, Gurugram, Bhiwani, Jind, Fatehabad, Panchkula, Rewari, Ambala, Mewat, Sonepat and Faridabad was 864, 863, 893, 893, 893, 896, 898, 912, 913, 921, 926, 939 and 947 respectively.
- The ratio in Karnal, Hisar, Yamunanagar, Sirsa, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Palwal and Narnaul was 953, 972, 974, 976, 980, 993, 1,217 and 1,279 respectively, as per information provided by the state government.
- After the launched of “Beti bachou, Beti padhou” programmed by prime minister Narendra Modi from Haryana, has accepted a challenge of improving a sex ratio, said by khattar.
- More than 80 FIRs are registered after the inter – state raids of neighboring states as Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, and Punjab.
- Capital – Chandigarh
- Sex ratio – 879 females, 1000 male
- Sex ratio rank – 29th
- Governor – Kaptain Singh Solanki
Nobel laureate Malala Yousafzai to be youngest-ever UN Messenger of Peace
- Malala has shown an unwavering commitment for the rights of women, girls and all people, even in a face of great danger. The general secretary said on his selection of Yousafzai for the designation.
- She has become a UN youngest peace-messenger, she can do even more to help and also can create a more peaceful world.
- She is just a 19 year old Pakistani to be appointed to the post.
- Before Yousafzai, actors Michael Douglas and Leonardo DiCaprio and musicians Daniel Barenboim and Yo-Yo Ma have held the post. Yousafzai was the first Pakistani to receive the Nobel Peace Prize in 2014.
- She is helping to a girl education project in developing countries through Malala Fund and she is currently staying in Britain.
- Malala is known mainly for human rights advocacy for education and for women.
- She was born in swat district, Pakistan. When she was in 11 -12, she wrote a blog under a pseudonym for the BBC Urdu in its she was detailing her life during the Taliban Occupation of Swat.
- The journalist Adam B. Ellick made a New York documentary on her, about her life in Pakistani military force.
H1B visa applications reach 85,000 caps in 4 days
- The 20,000 cap for those with U.S master’s degrees has also been met.
- The US citizenship and immigration services (USCIS) has reached the mandated 85,000 H1B visa cap for fiscal year 2018 for high skilled foreign worker in within 5 days of pipeline opening, in the fifth consecutive year.
- . The USCIS, which runs the H1B programmed, started accepting applications for the 85,000 annual cap on April 3 65,00 for foreign workers and 20,000 for international students and like the last few years, it shut down the application process saying it had gathered enough applications.
- It was not mention in this year of “randomly computer-generated process, which is also known as Lottery. Which the agency used to pick an 85000 of petitions it receives.
US, Russia clash in Security Council over Syria missile strike
1. The US Ambassador to UN Nikki Haley said that the Washington was “fully justified” it was carrying out for missile strikes and was also prepared a further action.
2. Emergency meeting was held On Friday of the UN Security Council, Russia and the US clashed among them. The President Donald Trump’s military strikes against Syria which is response to chemical weapons attacks which kills more than 70 people in it.
3. Mr. trump in his first military action has launched authorized 59 Tomahawk missiles at a Syrian airfield after a gas attack which is blamed on Syrian president Bashar alassad.
4. On Friday there was a complete ruined relation between the US and Russia. and now this two country are on the verge of a military clash”.
Israel signs near $2 billion deal with India for supply of missile defence systems
- Israel has signed a $2-billion deal with India to supply advanced missile defence systems, bolstering bilateral military ties, under a contract said to be the largest in Israel’s defence industries’ history.
- In announcement Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) said that it has given its largest defence contract of almost USD 2 billion for supplying advance system of air missile to India.
- In Indian carrier the IAI will supply more additional long range air and missile for defence.
- India has kept his defence ties with Israel under wraps until now, Arab countries and its last population of Muslim fears for this allying. The prime minister of India has going to visit Israel later this year.
ECONOMIC & FINANCE
India’s Internet Economy Set To Hit $250 Billion By 2020
1. The e-commerce and financial services of India’s internet has increase double from $125 billion to $250 billion. Thus, its jump from 5% to 7.5% of the country GDP.
2. According to the report titled ‘the $250 Billion Digital Volcano: Dormant No More’, the users are expected to grow rapidly to 650 million mobile internet users by 2020.
3. The private and government infrastructure has expected a major chunk spending (USD 50-60 billion) and devices (USD 30-40 billion).
4. The data consumption is going to increase 10-14 times by 2020. The average data consumption is projected to reach 7-10 GB per user per month by 2020.
5. Increase in high speed internet expected to expand time spent online by 2020 to almost 3-4 times.
Larsen & Toubro names SN Subrahmanyan its chief executive officer
1. Starting October 1, his predecessor AM naik will serve as the non-executive chairman for three years.
2. The top job at the complex and diverse conglomerate will going to take by Subrahmanyan,55 on 1 July, said in a statement.
3. In Naik’s 18-year tenure, the $16 billion in revenue L&T has gone global, fought bruising battles with competitors, staved off a hostile takeover and diversified into several new businesses, including the manufacture of defence equipment.
4. L&T going to share closed up 0.23% at Rs1686.50 a share on the BSE, on Friday. Also the benchmark Sensex fell 0.74% to 29,706,61 points.
5. When L&T is looking towards doubling its revenue by 2021 that’s time the change of guard comes. As per the five – year plan, the company will seek to expand its global presence, divest into small business and develop leadership.
Kotak arm for infra debt fund services gets RBI registration
- Subsidiary for providing infrastructure debt fund services has been registered by reserve bank of India (RBI). Today this is said through kotak Mahindra bank.
- The subsidiary will commence business of non-banking financial institution as infrastructure Debt fund (NBFC-IDF)
- The banks or NBFCs are sponsored IDFs which is an investment instruments. In which the domestic/offshore, specially insurance, institutional investors and pension funds, can invest through units and bonds issued by them.
- On BSE, the stock of kotak Mahindra bank has been closed 18% down at Rs.874.45.
- RBI was established on 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
- RBI plays a role of regulator of the banking in India.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
The launch of NASA’s latest super pressure balloon from Wanaka Airport has been delayed by swirling winds in the stratosphere.
- The flight was aim to test and validate the balloon technology in so called near-space and the scheduled of this had been made between 8am to 11:30 am this morning.
- The early morning launch has been postponed by NASA because of a swirling wind eddy in the stratosphere, 33.5km above the earth’s surface that made it’s hard to predict where the balloon would travel.
- For setting a record, the team would look for a perfect launch date and hope the balloon can stay up to 100 days. Were the current record of balloon flight is 55 days .
- An extreme observatory of universe space being tested on this year’s flight at the university of Chicago.
- For this a special launch pad has been built.
- The first balloon launched from Wanaka Airport in 2015 achieved 32 days of flight, with 46 days notched up in 2016.
- The NASA has been formed on July 29, 1985.
- NASA science is focused on better understanding Earth through the Earth Observing System.
Hubble telescope beams back close-up of Jupiter
- The European Space Agency (ESA) said today that the Hubble Space Telescope has beamed back a close capture image of a Jupiter showing its famous great Red spot and also its several colorful bands, running parallel to the equator.
- The new image has been added to captured old photo of Jupiter. Which allow to astronomers to study more changes in the atmosphere of the gas giant.
- The Hubble turned its sharp eyes towards Jupiter to add to the collection of images of our massive neighbor and it’s also took advantage of this favorable alignment, on April 3.
- It can observed Jupiter with its wide field camera 3 (WFC3), which allow to observe in ultraviolet, visible and infrared light.
- It helps astronomer to study about its more and on the ground to see more detail in the atmosphere of Jupiter.
- The differing concentrations are kept separate by fast winds which can reach speeds of up to 650 km per hour.
Big asteroid to fly safely past Earth in mid-April
- A relatively large near-Earth asteroid discovered nearly three years ago will fly safely past Earth on April 19 at a distance of about 1.1 million miles (1.8 million kilometers), or about 4.6 times the distance from Earth to the moon.
- After April 19, the asteroid will approach earth from the direction of sun and going to be visible in night sky.
- According to scientist, the surface of the asteroid is about twice as reflective as that of sun.
- The comet panSTARRS (c/2015 ER61) would make its closest approach to earth, at a very safe distance of 175 million km, that’s what NASA said on April 19.
BCCI’s refusal to allow Indian cricketers in foreign leagues depriving team of T20 specialists
1. BCCI should establish itself as the global ambassador of cricket by exporting its players, coaches and match, officials to every part of the world where cricket is played.
2. A 100% salary would be a dream that come true for most professionals like you and me but Indian cricketers were far from impressed.
3. The cricket has many lover of its, but one shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that the game is not their passion but their occupation.
4. The headquarters of world cricket is often claiming to be India which is good. BCCI has in the past claimed that it’s a nonprofit organisation.
Premier league: Manchester United players ‘not in love with goal’, says Jose Mourinho
1. The Manchester united is lacking of killer instinct after another week misfiring performances at old Trafford, Jose mourinho has accused its. Saying players are “not in love with football.”
2. United other attack minded players have been unlucky in front of goal that’s how marinho feel.
3. The player contract of lucrative that has only 32 league starts for the club in total has led to questioning asking if players can retain their hunger in such riches.
4. United’s 27-goal top scorer of which 16 have been in the Premier League was zlatan Ibrahimovic, 35.