Govt merges NCRB with BPRD
- In the recent of the field there is the new assignment has been created by the government, it has shorted the National Crimes Records Bureau (NCRB) – which was the main source of the reference by policy makers, police, criminologists, researchers and media – both in India and abroad, with the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) from many years.
- The ministry of home affairs has released the new policy on Friday evening by giving the NCRB’s functions under the Director General of BPR&D, who is getting in the work of the collecting the data related to Crime in India, Accidental Deaths and Suicides, Prison Statistics and Fingerprints.
- “NCRB’s core function is to collect data on crimes related to IPC and other sections, courts, convictions etc which are taken from states and union territories and then analysed. On the other hand, BPRD’s research is not related to crime.”
- “It focuses more on research and data collection on how police, central paramilitary forces work, manpower problems, pattern of registration of crime, or influences of police on society etc. There is no clarity how both these organisations will work together,” said a senior officer in NCRB.
- National Crime Records Bureau
- Formed- 11 March 1986; 31 years ago
- Jurisdiction- Government of India
- Headquarters- East Block-7, R K Puram, New Delhi
- Motto- Empowering Indian Police with Information Technology
- Agency executive- Ish Kumar, Director
- Parent department- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Key document- Creation of NCRB
GST council approves hike in luxury car cess
- Sports utility vehicles (SUVs) and luxury cars, whixh has been get in the chiep after the coming of the GST, by 1 July that of the goods and services tax (GST), with the roll out of the increase of the GST Council, federal indirect tax body, planning to raise cess on them from 15% now to up to 25%.
- Arun Jaitley, Minister of Finance said, “GST Council in its 20th Meeting held on 5th Aug, 2017 considered the issue that total tax incidence on motor vehicles after GST has come down. It recommended that Central Government may move legislative amendments to increase max ceiling of cess on motor vehicles to 25 per cent from present 15 per cent. However, the decision on when to raise the actual cess leviable on the motor vehicles will be taken by the GST Council in due course.”
- “Maximum ceiling of cess leviable on motor vehicles to 25% instead of present 15%. However, the decision on when to raise the actual cess leviable on the same will be taken by the GST Council in due course,” said the statement.
- “I would want to believe that small cars and SUVs will continue to be taxed differentially as is the case today and was the case in the earlier indirect tax regime,” said Bipin Sapra, tax partner at the consulting firm EY
- The Ministry of Finance is an important ministry within the Government of India concerned with the economy of India, serving as the Indian Treasury Department
- Formed: 29 October 1946
- Jurisdiction: Government of India
- Headquarters: North Block, Cabinet Secretariat, Raisina Hill, New Delhi – 110 001
- Cabinet minister: Arun Jaitley
- Minister of state: Santosh Gangwar, Arjun Ram Meghwal
- Programs: Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana,
US ready for dialogue if North Korea stops missile tests, says Rex Tillerson
- S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has been taken the meeting with the North Korea on Monday, an also told that the Washington wants to talk to the Pyongyang if this will be of the in recent of the missile test launches.
- “When the conditions are right, then we can sit and have a dialogue around the future of North Korea so they feel secure and prosper economically,” Tillerson told reporters.
- “The best signal that North Korea can give us that they are prepared to talk would be to stop these missile launches,” said Tillerson, adding that “other means of communications” were open to Pyongyang.
- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi urged “the North Korean side to calmly handle the resolutions”. He said in Manila on Sunday that Pyongyang should “not do anything unbeneficial towards the international community such as a nuclear test.”
- “The North Koreans contend that they cannot relinquish their nuclear program until the U.S. ends its hostile policies,” she said. “This indicates conditionality to some extent and it should be fully pursued. How do they define these ‘hostile policies?’ How can they be addressed? Can we get to the point where the North Koreans do not see the necessity of having nuclear weapons?”
- The U.S. is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean
- Major Atlantic Coast cities are New York, a global finance and culture center, and capital Washington, DC
- Midwestern metropolis Chicago is known for influential architecture and on the west coast, Los Angeles’ Hollywood is famed for filmmaking
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- Dialing code: +1
- President: Donald Trump
- Population: 323.1 million (2016)
- States: California, Hawaii, Florida, Texas, Massachusetts, Alaska,
JuD seeking to enter political space, launches new party in Pakistan
- Jamaat-ud-Dawa, which is the United States has creating the issues in the front for anti-India militant group that staged the 2008 Mumbai attacks has entered politics by forming a new party, charity officials said on Monday.
- “We have decided to make a new political party, so that Pakistan is to made a real Islamic and welfare state,” said Milli Muslim League president Saifullah Khalid.
- The party, political observers said, “Seems as an effort to set up a front which is acceptable to moderate Pakistanis. However, there appears to be little chance of electoral success for religious parties in Pakistan as the share of such political outfits have have gradually shrunk in parliament,”
- In the recent there is the, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazal of Maulan Fazlur Rehman is one of the best party which have maxmimum of the 12 members has been elected in that members in the National Assembly, whereas the Jamaat-e-Islami has about half a dozen in the 342-member house.
- Pakistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, is a country in South Asia. It is the seventh-most populous country with a population exceeding 201 million people
- Capital: Islamabad
- Currency: Pakistani rupee
- Population: 193.2 million (2016) World Bank
- President: Mamnoon Hussain
- Prime minister: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
BANKING & FINANCE
Mastercard, PayPal expand partnership into Asia Pacific
- Mastercard (NYSE: MA) and PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) has announced the one of the agreement that has been signed by the Asia Pacific to for the better experience of the customer and make them facilitate Mastercard a clear payment option within PayPal, said a statement.
- “We’re excited to extend our long standing partnership with Mastercard into Asia Pacific,” said Rohan Mahadevan, Chief Executive Officer, PayPal Pte Ltd and Senior Vice President, APAC, PayPal Inc. “Our partnership will continue to drive innovation, accelerate the move to digital payments, and improve payment experiences for our mutual customers in the region, unlocking the potential to millions of customers to more freely spend and move their money.”
- “Whether paying in the physical or digital world, consumers want to see the familiar Mastercard brand from their chosen issuer,” said Rama Sridhar, Executive Vice President, Digital and Emerging Partnerships, Asia Pacific, Mastercard.
- “This expansion of our partnership with PayPal reinforces our commitment to our cardholders in the region to deliver the simple, speedy and secure payment experience they’ve come to expect from Mastercard. Furthermore, the agreement provides a number of joint growth opportunities that will advance Mastercard and PayPal’s shared vision to offer consumers greater choice and flexibility to pay and move their money.”
- Mastercard Incorporated or Mastercard Worldwide is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in the MasterCard International Global Headquarters, Purchase, New York, United States, in Westchester County
- CEO: Ajaypal Singh Banga (1 Jul 2010–)
- Customer service: 00 1 636-722-7111
- Headquarters: Purchase, New York, United States
- Revenue: 9.66 billion USD (2015)
- Subsidiaries: Cirrus, DataCash, MasterCard Advisors LLC, MORE
- Parent organization: Mastercard
PNB customers to pay higher charges for non-credit services
- In the coming September there is the, PNBBSE 0.53 % customer of the bank will have to pay the extra charges on Rs 5,000 in a non-base branch even if it is located in the same city.
- “It has been decided to revise the non-credit related charges (exclusive of GST) with effect from September 1, 2017 for cash deposit above Rs 5,000 at other than base branch within the same city,” PNB said in a communication to customers.
- The Delhi branches of this bank are Jangpura Extension, South Extension, GK II, Kalkaji, Sahkaurbasti, Krishna Nagar, Preet Vihar, Suraj Mal Vihar, Model Town, Mall Road, Patparganj, Madhuban, Vikaspuri, Sector 12A Dwarka, Sector 12 Dwarka, Dwarka, New Rajinder Nagar, Punjabi Bagh and Rajauri Garden.
- The rent of the locker has been increased by the 25% for small, medium, large and extra large sizes to Rs1,500, Rs3,500, Rs5,500 and Rs10,000, respectively, for metro branches. Earlier, such charges were Rs1, 200, Rs2,800, Rs4,500 and Rs8,000, respectively.
- Punjab National Bank is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company
- It is a state-owned corporation based in New Delhi, India
- The bank was founded in 1894
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: Sunil Mehta (6 May 2017–)
- Founder: Lala Lajpat Rai
- Founded: 19 May 1894, Lahore, Pakistan
- Subsidiaries: PNB Housing Finance Limited, PNB Gilts Ltd.
Science and Technology
IISc researchers developed low-cost sensitive carbon monoxide sensor
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc) researchers from Bengaluru has created the highly reactive and low-cost nanometre-scale carbon monoxide (CO) sensor.
- “Scaling down from 10 micrometer feature size to 10 nanometer feature (used in this work) can enhance the efficiency 1,000 times. However, the development cost of nanostructured gas sensors using existing lithography tools is really very high, which eventually impacts the overall cost of the device,” explains Navakanta Bhat, Chair and Professor, Centre for Nano Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Science.
- “Nanostructure-based gas sensors are very promising in their performance due their high surface-to-volume ratio. The existing techniques to create honeycomb nanostructures using photolithography and e-beam lithography are expensive and time-consuming. The proposed technique can potentially reduce the cost by more than 50%,” says Prof. Bhat.
- “The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has a vision of deploying such sensors in large scale for pollution monitoring in large cities like Delhi and Bengaluru. For instance, if the sensors are installed in all traffic intersections, we can do real time mapping of pollution hot-spots in a city. This would be an enabler in realizing smart cities,” says Prof. Bhat.
- Indian Institute of Science is a public university for research and higher education in science, engineering, design, and management
- Address: CV Raman Rd, Devasandra Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012
- Director: Anurag Kumar
- Phone: 080 2293 2004
- Founder: Jamsetji Tata
ONGC beats Bengaluru Hockey 4-2, wins MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup
- The newly started ONGC has been in the act of the come in the act of the Bengaluru HA 4-2 at the last in the final 91st MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup all-India hockey tournament here on Sunday.
- In the first half of the match there was the confusion for the chose that. For all the ONGC attack, Bengaluru has been given the attension to all. There was no any of the condusion after the decision in that.
- Sumit Kumar has been did it from the right way, by the defender he has get in the goal of the two. But nearing the post he passed it to Machaiah, who moved lightning quick to slot it home.
- “It feels really good. I am proud of my boys. If I have to pick one player, it has to be goalkeeper Simranjeet Singh. After we conceded two goals I changed our first choice ‘keeper Dinesh Ekka, who was not feeling well. The young Simranjeet stood up to the pressure,” said Sandeep.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Indian Philanthropist Firoz Merchant honoured by UAE Govt.
- In the UAE there is the Indian Businessman, who has created the Indian proud by giving the USD 4 million to help free prisoners languishing in jails due to non-payment of debts, he has been given the honor of the country’s prestigious Community Service Medal.
- “I am sincerely thankful to the UAE government for acknowledging my efforts. Whatever I have done, and will continue to do, is for the love of the UAE and India. I represent my country India and the UAE is my second home. I will do whatever I can for this beautiful country and its people,” he said.
- “These people (prisoners) are not criminals. They are in jail because they unfortunately accumulated debt and have not been able to clear them,” said 59-year-old Merchant who began his gold business in 1989.
- The United Arab Emirates is an Arabian Peninsula nation settled mainly along the Persian (Arabian) Gulf
- The country is a federation of 7 emirates
- Abu Dhabi, the island capital, is home to Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, with crystal chandeliers and room for 40,000 worshipers
- Dubai is the site of ultramodern Burj Khalifa tower, enormous shopping centers and extravagant entertainment attractions
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Dialing code: +971
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
- Ethnic groups (2015): 27.15% Indian; 12.53% Pakistani; 11.32% Emirati; 7.31% Bangladeshi; 3.13% Sri Lankan; 38.56% others
- Points of interest: Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, The Dubai Mall,
Don Baylor, former AL MVP, dies at 68
- Don Baylor, who was the 1979 AL MVP in the team of the California Angels who was serving himself as the manager of the Colorado Rockies in 1995, has been died on Monday by cancer at the age of 68.
- “Throughout stints with 14 different major league teams as a player, coach or manager, Don’s reputation as a gentleman always preceded him,” Commissioner Rob Manfred said.
- “Don’s commitment to the game and its future also inspired him to play an instrumental role in helping the MLBPA establish itself as a bona fide union,” players’ union executive director Tony Clark said.
- “Don passed from this earth with the same fierce dignity with which he played the game and lived his life,” Baylor’s wife, Rebecca, said in a statement provided by the Angels on Monday.
International Cat Day
- International Cat Day is annually celebrated on August 8, every year. This was firstly introduced in the year 2002 by the International Fund for Animal Welfare. World Cat Day is also celebrated on 17 February many place of the Europe and on 1 March in Russia.
- International Cat Day is the celebration of the full hours of the term of the humanity’s oldest and most beloved pets. The festival has been firstly celebrated in the year 2002 by IFAW, the International Fund for Animal Welfare, among other animal rights groups, to celebrate the most popular pet on the planet.