Chabbar Port will start operations by 2018: Nitin Gadkari
- With the strangeness in the Chabahar Port the Iran has been getting ready for the 2018, Union minister Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday said India will start send the wheat to the Afghanistan via the strategically located port.
- “Government of India is going to send one lakh tons of wheat to Afghanistan, and we are trying to send that via Chabahar,” the minister said at an event here, days after his visit to Iran.
- “Now, we are building a railway line in Iran. From Chabhar, we can go to Afghanistan, Uzbekistan and Russia,” Gadkari said.
- “Civil construction work has started there. We have finalised tenders worth Rs 380 crore for equipment out of Rs 600 crore and once the port becomes operational it will become a growth engine,” the minister has said.
- Uzbekistan is a Central Asian nation and former Soviet republic
- It’s known for its mosques, mausoleums and other sites linked to the Silk Road, the ancient trade route between China and the Mediterranean
- Samarkand, a major city on the route, contains a landmark of Islamic architecture: the Registan, a plaza bordered by 3 ornate, mosaic-covered religious schools dating to the 15th and 17th centuries
- Capital: Tashkent
- Inter-ethnic language: Russian
- Currency: Uzbekistani soʻm
- Destinations: Tashkent, Samarkand, Bukhara, Khiva, Shahrisabz
BANKING & FINANCE
MobiKwik partners Bajaj Finance for Larger financial service pie
- In the digital state for the big and major step and being the best company in the market there is the, mobile wallet major MobiKwik has been signed the partenership with the Bajaj Finance Ltd to transform itself into financial services App from a payment App.
- “This partnership is a simpler and better strategy for us to offer a full service financial suite to customers without having to go through the complexities of regulations and licensing. This puts us at a significant advantage ahead of competitors”, Upasana Taku, Co-Founder, MobiKwik told Business Line here on Thursday.
- “We look at Bajaj Finance’s decision to invest in us as strong vote of confidence in us”, she said, adding that the deal signaled that large deep-pocketed traditional corporate houses in India have now started to look at start ups for their growth opportunities”, she said.
- “We are continuing to talk with other investors for the balance $ 70 million or so. Initially we were hoping to break even in early 2018, now we are looking at late 2018 or 2019”, she said.
- MobiKwik is an Indian company founded in 2009 that provides a mobile phone based payment system and digital wallet
- Customers add money to an online wallet that can be used for payments
- Founded: April 2009
- CEO: Bipin Preet Singh (1 Aug 2009–)
- Headquarters: Gurugram
- Area served: India
- Founders: Bipin Preet Singh, Upasana Taku
- Type of business: Privately held company
Science and Technology
NASA’s Curiosity rover marks 5 years of mars exploration
- NASA’s ability to know about the ancient Mars has been rise and going by speed he has thought that there is the right living organism of the microbes is marking five years of exploring the Red Planet.
- The NASA’s knowing ability which has been stopped at the Mount Sharp five years ago, that has been statring and giving the hint to for many years ago lakes on Mars.
- On August 5, 2012, the research team at the NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, exalted at radio fixaxtion and they got the first picture of the rover’s touchdown using a new “sky crane” landing method.
- The spreading by the speed of light took nearly 14 minutes to travel from Mars to Earth, at that time which was about to 248 million kilometres apart, NASA said.
Vijender Singh won WBO Oriental Super Middleweight title
- In the game of great act there is the Vijender Singh who has decide to return his WBO Oriental Super Middleweight title to Chinese Zulpikar Maimaitiali for the lieu of peace at the Indo-China border.
- “To India-China friendship (I dedicate my title), because tension on the border is not good, because I see on social media, news, it keeps getting on and on and that’s not good. I give this title to people, peace, it’s all about friendship, Hindi-Chini bhai bhai,” Vijender said during a media interaction.
- Vijender said, “He (Zulpikar) gave me that cap, he said I asked him for the cap and he gave it to me, I simply gave him the belt but he couldn’t understand it.”
- “The fight was really good, I didn’t expect (it will go all the way), it was 10 rounds, at times the Chinese products last a little long, it was an amazing fight and fun! The fight was tough and a lot of blood oozed out, but finally win was ours, it was nice,” he said.
- “It’s painful and it disturbed your game, you have planned in the mind and when you get that kind of below the belt punches, which distract you. He is young kid, strong kid, but it’s all about winning,” said Vijender, who was floored on numerous occasions.
- Vijender Singh Beniwal, better known as Vijender Singh is an Indian professional boxer and the current WBO Asia Pacific Super Middleweight Champion and WBO Oriental Super Middleweight Champion from Kaluwas, Bhiwani district in Haryana
- Born: 29 October 1985 (age 31), Kaluwas, Bhiwani
- Height: 1.82 m
- Weight: 75 kg
- Spouse: Archana Singh (m. 2011)
- Movies: Fugly
- Olympic medal: Boxing at the 2008 Summer Olympics – Middleweight
Country singer Glen Campbell dies at 81
- Glen Campbell, the lead guitarist of the Delight, Arkansas, has died at the age og 81, his death was told by his family on Facebook.
- “It is with the heaviest of hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved husband, father, grandfather, and legendary singer and guitarist, Glen Travis Campbell … following his long and courageous battle with Alzheimer’s disease,” a Facebook statement said.
- Campbell is best remembered for a string of country-inflected hits that ran from the mid-’60s to the late ’80s: “Gentle on My Mind,” “Rhinestone Cowboy,” “By the Time I Get to Phoenix,” “Wichita Lineman,” “Galveston,” “Southern Nights” and “The Hand That Rocks the Cradle” among them.
- “Music was my world before they started putting a label on it,” he told ClassicBands.com in 1999. “We had a five-day-a-week radio show, six, seven years. You use up a lot of material doing that. We did everything from country to pop, when rock came along.”
- Raksha Bandhan, is also said said as the Rakhi is the fastival of the Hindu, this festival is celebrated in many parts of the India’s state and the neighbouring coutries like the India and Nepal. The meaning of the Raksha bandhan is “bond of protection”.
- This Festival is celebrated on the day of full moon that is the Hindu luni-solar calendar month of Shravana, which typically falls in Gregorian calendar month of August.
- This festival is the signs of the love and bonding between the brothers and sisters.
- Mainly if it is seems that the Raksha Bandhan has been celebrated in the parts of the India. This festival is also celebrated by the many of the Jains and Sikhs, and by Hindu communities in other parts of the world.