Odisha launches grid connected roof top solar projects
- For the promotion of the renewable energy in Odisha, the chief minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday has launched the grid connected rooftop solar projects.
- In this project the customer can instill small solar plants on their rooftops and that can use the generated solar power during day time. The generated power can be exported to the grid through their service cable.
- “Grid connected roof top solar systems are best options for adding renewable solar capacity through people’s participation. These decentralized systems also have the ability to strengthen the grid. It will reduce power loses and benefit the public,” said chief minister Naveen Patnaik after launching the system.
- In the Odisha Renewable Energy Policy that had announced in November 2016, at that time the state government has created the aim to generate the 2750 MW of renewable energy by 2022 of which 2200 MW is expected to generate from solar sources. “So far, a total capacity of 68 MW has been commissioned in the state,” said an officer.
- Odisha (formerly Orissa), an eastern Indian state on the Bay of Bengal, is known for its tribal cultures and its many ancient Hindu temples
- The capital, Bhubaneswar, is home to hundreds of temples, notably the intricately-carved Mukteshvara
- The Lingaraj Temple complex, dating to the 11th century, is set around sacred Bindusagar Lake
- The Odisha State Museum is focused on the area’s history and environment
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Population: 43.73 million (2014)
- Official song: Bande Utkala Janani
- Colleges and Universities: Utkal University
Cabinet approves New Central Sector Scheme – “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana”
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, that is head by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, that has been pass the approval of the Central Sector Scheme – SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) as “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY) ” and that is for the time period of 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle.
- In the starting the CCEA in the meeting that has held on May, 2017 approved the new Central Sector Scheme – SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) with the same of the time period.
- PMKSY has allocated the cost of Rs. 6,000 crore that has been expected the crearage of the Rs. 31,400 crore, handling of 334 lakh MT agro-produce valuing Rs. 1,04,125 crore, benefit 20 lakh farmers and generate 5,30,500 direct/ indirect employment in the country by the year 2019-20.
- The implementation of PMKSY will result in creation of modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet.
- It will provide a big boost to the growth of food processing sector in the country.
- It will help in providing better prices to farmers and is a big step towards doubling of farmers’ income.
- It will create huge employment opportunities especially in the rural areas.
- It will also help in reducing wastage of agricultural produce, increasing the processing level, availability of safe and convenient processed foods at affordable price to consumers and enhancing the export of the processed foods.
Cabinet approves MoU between India & Nepal on Drug Demand Reduction and Prevention of Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance
- The Union Cabinet that is head by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi he has permitted on Friday for the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Nepal for the Drug Demand Reduction and Prevention of Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances and precursor chemicals and related matters.
- The MoU contains the matter of the facilitated on the drug matters between the two countries. In there are also the changes of the thoughts and the datas that are benificial for both authorities in the two countries by whom this MoU has been signed, MoU and exchange of any information.
- In this MoU there is the implementation of: “Develop mutual cooperation with a view to effectively resolving the issue of illicit traffic in narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and their precursors, cooperate in drug demand reduction through prevention, awareness, education and community based programmes, treatment and rehabilitation.”
- “Exchange information of operational, technical and general nature in drug matters, exchange literature on their existing laws, rules, procedures, best practices and methods of curbing illicit trafficking in narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances and their precursors and any further amendments to the existing legislation.”
Alibaba Founder Jack Ma becomes Asia’s richest person
- Alibaba Group’s has been coming in the most of the rise of the growth of the stock and the fiscal first quarter, that has been comes in the most richest person of the Asia by this.
- According to Forbes, at the end of the last week, Jack Ma, who is the great founder of the commerce in the China, has worth of $37.4 billion, with Tencent (TCEHY) Chairman Ma Huateng now ranked second with a $36.7 billion fortune. According to Forbes’ real-time billionaires list, the two Chinese businessmen go back and forth as the richest in Asia. Global rankings put Ma at No. 18 while Huateng is No. 19′.
- “The digital scale platform titans, such as Tencent, Alibaba and Facebook deserve premium ratings, but they will need to ‘grow’ into such ratings rather than skyrocket higher,” wrote Neil Campling, head of global technology, media, and telecom (TMT) research at Northern Trust Capital Markets, in a report to clients that was covered by Market Watch. “For those stocks where there is a significant gap between the two metrics we wonder if we may see some pressure on stock prices in the short term.”
- In its fiscal first quarter, Alibaba reported that revenue from the business of its cloud business jumped 96% to $359 million and that it surpassed 1 million has been the first customer for the first time.
- Alibaba Group Holding Limited is a Chinese e-commerce company that provides consumer-to-consumer, business-to-consumer and business-to-business sales services via web portals
- Founded: 4 April 1999, Hangzhou, China
- Headquarters: Hangzhou, China
- Owner: Jack Ma (7.8%)
- Founders: Jack Ma, Peng Lei
- Subsidiaries: Alibaba.com, Ant Financial, AutoNavi, UCWeb,
- Alibaba is the world’s sixth-largest internet company by revenue.
Sebastian Gorka, A Donald Trump Adviser and Steve Bannon Ally, Is Out
- The adviser of White House Sebastian Gorka, who has been close to the main align with the one of the member that is the Steve Bannon, who is no longer works for President Donald Trump, the White House said on Friday.
- “Sebastian Gorka did not resign, but I can confirm he no longer works at the White House,” a White House official said in a statement.
- “As a result, the best and most effective way I can support you, Mr. President, is from outside the People’s House,” Gorka was quoted as saying in the letter.
- “Regrettably, outside of yourself, the individuals who most embodied and represented the policies that will ‘Make America Great Again,’ have been internally countered, systematically removed, or undermined in recent months. This was made patently obvious as I read the text of your speech on Afghanistan this week,” Trump said in the letter.
- Gorka continued in his resignation letter, “The fact that those who drafted and approved the speech removed any mention of Radical Islam or radical Islamic terrorism proves that a crucial element of your presidential campaign has been lost.”
French President Emmanuel Macron used make up worth Rs 19 lakh in 3 months, and it is making everyone mad
- French President Emmanuel Macron has been given the statement that has been cost that €26,000, or around Rs 19.7 lakh, on makeup-related expenses in his first three months after assuming office in May.
- French magazine Le Point has been given the statement that Macron’s personal makeup artist Natacha M submitted two bills, one is for the €10,000 and another for €16,000. That bill has been given many of the shock to the Macron’s constituents who were unhappy that taxpayer money was being used on the president’s appearance.
- Elysee Palace, the French president’s official residence, has been stated in the term of the defend that the “called in a contractor as a matter of urgency,” the media reported.
- Macron is not the only one French politician to spend money on presenting a blemish-free visage. His predecessor Francois Hollande was accused of ‘shampoo socialism’ after it emerged that he paid his personal barber a hair-curling £99,000, close to Rs 75 lakh.
- France, in Western Europe, encompasses medieval cities, alpine villages and Mediterranean beaches
- Paris, its capital, is famed for its fashion houses, classical art museums including the Louvre and monuments like the Eiffel Tower
- The country is also renowned for its wines and sophisticated cuisine
- Lascaux’s ancient cave drawings, Lyon’s Roman theater and the vast Palace of Versailles attest to its rich history
- Capital: Paris
- Date format: dd/mm/yyyy (AD)
- President: Emmanuel Macron
- Currencies: Euro, CFP franc
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI to issue Rs 200 notes: Finance Ministry
- The Reserve Bank has launched the bright yellow Rs 200 notes and also said that the it will be applying to given everyone to supply of the new currency note across the country that is on Saturday.
- These notes are available only through “select RBI offices and banks as is normal when a new denomination of notes is introduced and the supply increases gradually”, the RBI said in a release.
- The production of these notes is being “ramped up by the currency printing presses, and over time as more notes are printed, it will be distributed across the country through the banking channels and will be available for public in adequate quantity”, the release said.
- “To achieve the optimal system of currency that would minimise the number of denominations while increasing the probability of proffering exact change, especially at the lower end of denominations, there is a logical need to introduce the missing denomination of Rs. 200, which will make the present currency system more efficient,” RBI said.
Dhanlaxmi Bank, DHFL Pramerica tie up for bancassurance
- DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance Company Limited (DPLI) on Saturday has been tied up with the Dhanlaxmi Bank for distribution of its portfolio of retail and group life insurance products.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank managing director and CEO G Sreeram said “The bank was delighted to partner with DHFL Pramerica for bringing in best-in-class life insurance products for different customer segments. DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance managing director Anoop Pabby said together with Dhanlaxmi Bank, DPLI would continue to work on increasing penetration of life insurance by offering segmented products, supported through digital and CRM capabilities and making insurance more accessible.”
- G Sreeram, Managing Director and CEO, Dhanlaxmi Bank, said, “We stand to get even more customers for normal banking business thanks to the partnership with DHFL Pramerica. It will enable us to strike a good balance with servicing the policies.”
- Anoop Pabby, Managing Director and CEO, DHFL Pramerica, said his company has been going to start the policy of the life insurance by offering segmented products through digital and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) capabilities as well as by making insurance more accessible.
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd is an old private sector bank headquartered in Thrissur City, Kerala, India
- Headquarters: Thrissur
- CEO: Shri. G. Sreeram (6 Apr 2015–)
- Founded: 1927
Nandan Nilekani appointed Chairman of Infosys board
- Nandan Nilekani, who is the new non-executive chairman of Infosys, he has settled the new way for the governance structure in the company while at the time of the low term of the features such as hiring a chief executive officer (CEO) and building a business strategy for growth in a challenging environment.
- “I would like to believe that I am here not just as a founder. As you know I was CEO of this company and retired from that position 10 years back and in 2009, I was invited by the (then) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to take a job in the government in the right of a Cabinet minister to do one of the world’s most sophisticated technology projects — Aadhaar. It has given over a billion people an identity and which is the fundamental basis for India’s transformation,” Nilekani said.
- “The other goal is to talk about the relationship with Mr. Murthy who is a very valued and iconic founder and the father of corporate governance in India…he has made extraordinary contributions to India,” he said.
- The board admitted that it was “unfortunate that various differences of opinion have arisen between Mr. Murthy and the Board in the recent past” and “wishes to express that it was not its intention to cause Mr. Murthy or any other affected person any personal distress or anguish while stating its point of view”.
Science and Technology
Maharashtra launches web portal to help with competitive tests
- Education minister Vinod Tawde on July 28 has been announced that the some of the academic year, the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) has been created the portals to help students to prepare for competitive exams on their own.
- “There are several students across Maharashtra who cannot afford coaching programmes and so they fail to crack these tests. This prevents them from pursuing their medical and engineering dreams,” said Krishnakumar Patil, board secretary.
- Appreciating the move, school principals said easily accessible questions banks will benefit students who study on their own. “Most students spend a fortune on coaching classes. But if the state board provides guidance in the form of question banks and other study material, it will promote a healthy culture of self-study,” said Father Jude Fernandes, principal, St Mary’s School, (SSC), Mazagaon.
London to host 2018 table tennis team World Cup
- The ITTF has been awarded for the host of the second most prestigious team tournament that is after the World Championships, to Table Tennis England and has been placed at the Copper Box Arena on London’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- England number one Paul DRINKHALL, part of the 2016 World Championship bronze medal-winning team stated: “This will be an exciting event for English and British table tennis as a whole and it’s great to be hosting it when we will be a part of it because of our World Championships medal.”
- “It’s an amazing venue, iconic if you like, and it will be great to visit the Olympic Park. Hopefully we can put in some good performances and challenge the best in the world and make some more memories.”
- On the allocation of the event to London, ITTF’s President THOMAS WEIKERT stated: “London is a very special place for the ITTF, as it is where we were founded in 1926, and where we held our first World Championships in the same year. It is great to be bringing world class table tennis back to this city, for this reason and because of the massive success of the London 2012 table tennis event.”
- Table Tennis England Chairman Sandra DEATON added: “This is fantastic news for table tennis in England and a vote of confidence from the ITTF. We can’t wait to host the event, giving our members and the wider sporting community the chance to see the greatest players in the world in action. We’re also delighted that our top players will get the chance to take on the likes of China and Japan in their own country, with the support of a passionate home crowd. The fact that the iconic Copper Box Arena, a world-class venue, as proved during the London 2012 Olympics & Paralympic Games, will stage the event, makes it all the more exciting.”
- London, the capital of England and the United Kingdom, is a 21st-century city with history stretching back to Roman times
- At its centre stand the imposing Houses of Parliament, the iconic ‘Big Ben’ clock tower and Westminster Abbey, site of British monarch coronations
- Across the Thames River, the London Eye observation wheel provides panoramic views of the South Bank cultural complex, and the entire city
- Local time: Sunday 4:53 PM
- Mayor: Sadiq Khan (L)
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Instagram Data Predicts 2017 MTV Video Music Awards Winners: See the Full List
ARTIST OF THE YEAR
YouTube & Spotify: Ed Sheeran (6.75 billion YouTube views)
BEST NEW ARTIST
YouTube & Spotify: Kodak Black (713 million YouTube views)
VIDEO OF THE YEAR
YouTube: Bruno Mars – “24K Magic” (735 million views)
Spotify: Kendrick Lamar – “HUMBLE.”
YouTube & Spotify: The Chainsmokers feat. Halsey – “Closer” (1.88 billion YouTube views)
YouTube & Spotify: Ed Sheeran – “Shape of You” (2.22 billion YouTube views)
BEST HIP HOP
YouTube: Migos feat. Lil Uzi Vert – “Bad and Boujee” (411 million YouTube views)
Spotify: DJ Khaled feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper & Lil Wayne – “I’m The One”
YouTube & Spotify: Major Lazer feat. Justin Bieber and MØ – “Cold Water” (833 million YouTube views)
YouTube & Spotify: Twenty One Pilots – “Heavydirtysoul” (37 million YouTube views)
BEST FIGHT AGAINST THE SYSTEM
YouTube & Spotify: Alessia Cara – “Scars To Your Beautiful” (104 million YouTube views)
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
YouTube: Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley – “Chained To The Rhythm” (Visual Effects: MIRADA) (369 million YouTube views)
Spotify: Kendrick Lamar – “HUMBLE.” (Company: Timber/Lead: Jonah Hall)
YouTube & Spotify: Ariana Grande feat. Nicki Minaj – “Side To Side” (Choreographers: Brian and Scott Nicholson) (991 million YouTube views)
Spotify: Kendrick Lamar – “HUMBLE.” (Cinematographer: Scott Cunningham)
Spotify: Kendrick Lamar – “HUMBLE.” (Directors: Dave Meyers, The Little Homies)
BEST ART DIRECTION
Spotify: Kendrick Lamar – “HUMBLE.” (Production Designer: Spencer Graves)
Spotify: The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey – “Closer”” (Editor: Jennifer Kennedy)
Tony de Brum, champion of Paris climate agreement, dies aged 72
- Tony de Brum, the former Marshall Islands foreign minister who has became the head advocate for the landmark Paris Agreement and an internationally recognised leader in the fight against climate change, has been died at the age of 72 years.
- “The very existence of the Paris Agreement owes a lot to Tony de Brum,” Heine said in a statement. “He was a giant of history, a legend in every meaning of the word, and a custodian of our shared future.”
- “The thought of evacuation is repulsive to us,” he said. “We think that the more reasonable thing to do is to seek to end this madness, this climate madness, where people think that smaller, vulnerable countries are expendable and therefore they can continue to do business as usual.”
- “I appreciate there not being a paywall: it is more democratic for the media to be available for all and not a commodity to be purchased by a few. I’m happy to make a contribution so others with less means still have access to information.”
27th August 2006: Famous Film Director Hrishikesh Mukherjee Passes Away
- On 27th August in the year 2006 has been celebrated that the Hindi film maker Hrishikesh Mukherjee has been died in Mumbai. Mukherjee has directed 42 films till his span of career in the forty years and is remembered for establishing what is now known as the “middle cinema” of India.
- Mukherjee’s films focused on the families of the middle class of the India.
- In 1999, the Government of India has honored Mukherjee with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for his main role in the Indian cinema. He has also awarded as the Padma Vibhushan in 2001 by the Government of India again for his work in the area of Indian cinema.