Fix Responsibility on Prima Facie Evidence: Suresh Prabhu Directs CRB Over Utkal Express Derailment
- On Sunday, Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu the director of the Chairman Railway Board (CRB) has been taken the responsibility to resolve the concert in the evening, in the term of connection with yesterday’s Utkal Express derailment, by which 23 people dead and over 100 injured.
- Taking to micro-blogging site Twitter, Prabhu posted,”Will not allow laxity in operations by the Board. Have directed CRB to fix responsibility on prima facie evidence by end of day.”
- “Restoration is top priority. Seven coaches tackled. Also ensuring best possible medical care for the injured. Monitoring situation closely,” the Railways Minister added.
- In this 10 victims have been identified Sukhi Prajapati (Madhya Pradesh), Alok Sarkar (New Delhi), Vishnu Goswami (Gwalior), Rinki Kumari (Agra), Karishma (Saharanpur), Brijraj Pandey (Gwalior), Sumit Garg (Saharanpur), Rampal Singh Sharma (Muzaffarnagar), Vineet Mittal (Muzaffarnagar) and Braj Kumar Prajapati (Gwalior).
- The Ministry of Railways is a ministry in the Government of India, responsible for the country’s rail transport
- Website: indianrailways.gov.in
- Formed: 16 April 1853
- Jurisdiction: India
- Headquarters: Rail Bhavan, 1, Raisina Road, New Delhi
- Cabinet minister: Suresh Prabhu
- Minister of state: Manoj Sinha, Rajen Gohain
- Subsidiaries: Indian Railways, Railway Board
Pakistan Grants Nationality to 298 Indians in 5 years: Interior Ministry
- Pakistan has issued the nationality of the Pakistan to the 298 Indian who has emigrants in the last five years, it is get to know by the interior ministry.
- “From 2012 till April 14, 2017, a total number of 298 Indian emigrants have been granted Pakistani citizenship,” the Interior Ministry said in a statement on Saturday.
- In 2012, there are about 48 Indian emigrants has been issued the Pakistani nationality, which get increase to 75 in 2013 and 76 in 2014.
- Only 15 were given nationality in the year 2015, and 69 got it in 2016, till the April 14 has been given this year, 15 Indians got nationality, the statement said. At there an India women whose husband has been died she get Pakistani citizenship on the order of former interior minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan in March last year.
- Pakistan, officially the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, is a country in South Asia and on junction of West Asia, Central Asia and East Asia
- It is the sixth-most populous country with a population exceeding 201 million people
- Capital: Islamabad
- Currency: Pakistani rupee
- Population: 193.2 million (2016) World Bank
- President: Mamnoon Hussain
- Prime minister: Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
Mumbai Local Trains Likely to Get Metro Type Entry-Exit Doors Soon
- The Indian Railways has been getting the installation of the plan like the system at the Metro network to prevent ticketless travelers in the Mumbai trains.
- “The consultants will carry out study of 12 stations, selected on the basis of high, medium and low footfalls during peak hours. The access control concept is challenging but can be implemented here”, one of the Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation (MRVC) officials told.
- The MRVC official said, “There are Metro systems (for example, Tokyo), which are more congested than Mumbai’s Metro. Hence, it is possible to implement it here too. We have AFC gates which are slimmer than the ones in the Metro system. They can ensure dispersal of 60 passengers per minute.”
- Another official stated that “During peak hours, commuters get upset if there are impediments while entering or exiting the platform. If the crowd gets angry, they can uproot the system. The benefits far outweigh the drawbacks. Apart from weeding out ticketless travelers, we will get rich data of commuters as well as the travel pattern, which will allow us to deploy our resources to the fullest benefit. We can also tweak the timetable on the basis of data on travel patterns.”
Wreckage of Lost Ship USS Indianapolis Found After 7 Decades
- The damaged cruiser of the second world war that is the USS Indianapolis that has been find at the coast of the Philippines 72 years and after that it has been getting Japanese submarine.
- “To be able to honor the brave men of the USS Indianapolis and their families through the discovery of a ship that played such a significant role in ending World War II is truly humbling,” said Allen, who co-founded Microsoft with Bill Gates.
- “As Americans, we all owe a debt of gratitude to the crew for their courage, persistence and sacrifice in the face of horrendous circumstances.”
- “While our search for the rest of the wreckage will continue, I hope everyone connected to this historic ship will feel some measure of closure at this discovery so long in coming.”
- The Philippines is a Southeast Asian country in the Western Pacific, comprising more than 7,000 islands
- Its capital, Manila, is famous for its waterfront promenade and centuries-old Chinatown, Binondo
- Intramuros, a walled city in colonial times, is the heart of Old Manila
- It’s home to the baroque 17th-century San Agustin Church as well as Fort Santiago, a storied citadel and military prison
- Capital: Manila
- Dialing code: +63
- Currency: Philippine peso
- Optional languagesb: Spanish; Arabic
- Official languages: English, Filipino
North America to Witness Total Solar Eclipse on August 21, Informs NASA
- United States has been going to be the first ever country who will see the full solar eclipse, a once-in-a-life phenomenon, that is on Monday. On Monday the moon has been going to obstruct the sun by there will be the 70-mile-wide shadow, cutting across 14 states of America – from Oregon to Southern California.
- There will be the cross section over the United States and the parts of its like the 7o-mile-wide total eclipse is being referred to as the ‘path of totality’. According to NASA, the shadow that has been going to create that has been last for two minutes.
- By the reports, 12 million Americans residential region that will come in the coming eclipse, and to see this, nearly 10 times more the population has been going to see this for being the witness. Nearly 200 million people are expected to reach the states which would fall under the purview of the total eclipse to witness the historic moment.
- There is about the 4 decades back, on February 26, the year 1979 the last eclipse has been seen. The “path of totality” was again restricted to some southern states, whereas, the rest of America witnessed a partial eclipse.
- The U.S. is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean
- Major Atlantic Coast cities are New York, a global finance and culture center, and capital Washington, DC.
- Midwestern metropolis Chicago is known for influential architecture and on the west coast, Los Angeles’ Hollywood is famed for filmmaking
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- Dialing code: +1
- President: Donald Trump
China Issues Special Postal Stamp for 9th BRICS Summit
- China has launched the new postal stamp to commemorate the ninth annual BRICS summit meeting that has been going to held in the starting of the coming month at the coastal city of Xiamen in the country’s southeastern Fujian province.
- “It shows the features of Xiamen. With the sea we would like to imply that the summit is a new starting point for the countries to sail into a bright future” Zhang Zhijun, who is associated with the Xiamen branch of China Post, was quoted as saying by the state-run Xinhua news agency.
- The summit has been decided to held on September 3 to 5. This will be the second BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) summit to be held in China. Before this it was held in Sanya, Hainan province, in 2011.
- The main aim of this summit meeting between India and China over the standoff at the Doklam area in the Sikkim section which has now entered the third month.
BANKING & FINANCE
Regional rural banks’ mergers gets exemption from CCI ambit
- The banks which wants to get the merge in the term of the many of the bank with the rural bank they wants to CCI approval, by the some of the notification and that will lead to faster closure of such transactions.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has been started as the tab of the banks in the starter. Mergers and acquisitions beyond a certain threshold compulsorily require clearance from the fair trade watchdog.
- Karan Singh Chandhiok, partner at law firm Chandhiok & Associates, said, “The banking sector in India is stressed and if the government wishes to amalgamate certain regional rural banks in the public interest, then regulatory approvals should be kept at the minimum.
- “Against this backdrop, the exemption would help ensure that these transactions close quickly,” he told to the media.
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation commissions new waste recycling unit
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has been started and installed the new facility near the Rohini for recycling of construction and demolition waste generated by its construction works.
- “To utilise this waste, this new facility has been constructed. This is one of the many initiatives taken by the DMRC for environment conservation,” the statement said.
- “The wet technology adopted at the plant will help in minimising process residues as well as dust and noise pollution. The C&D waste will be processed to recover and recycle about 95 per cent of incoming C&D waste,” the DMRC said.
- It also stated the project will also help save scarce urban land in addition to processing waste. “Similarly, other agencies involved in construction will also be able to get their waste recycled here.”
- Industry- Public transport
- Founded- New Delhi, Delhi, India (3 May 1995)
- Headquarters- New Delhi, Delhi, India
- Sh Mangu Singh (Managing Director)
- Services- Delhi Metro, Consultancy and implementation of metro rail, monorail and high-speed rail
- Owner- Government of India (50%), Government of Delhi (50%)
Science and Technology
Massive asteroid to pass close by Earth on September 1, says NASA
- On September 1 there will be the pass of the great and huge astoride has been pass, at a distance of about seven million kilometres, NASA has said.
- “While many known asteroids have passed by closer to Earth than Florence will on September 1, all of those were estimated to be smaller,” said Paul Chodas, manager of NASA’s Center for Near-Earth Object Studies (CNEOS).
- “Florence is the largest asteroid to pass by our planet this close since the NASA programme to detect and track near-Earth asteroids began,” Chodas said.
- “This relatively close encounter provides an opportunity for scientists to study this asteroid up close. Florence is expected to be an excellent target for ground-based radar observations,” NASA said.
Kidambi Srikanth, PV Sindhu lead India’s hunt for elusive gold at Worlds
- In the latest two player, Kidambi Srikanth and two- time bronze medallist PV Sindhu has been make the head line by the 21-member Indian by bagging the two gold medal at the World Badminton Championships starting here from Monday.
- Olympic silver medallist Sindhu, who has won the match in the year 2016 at China Open and 2017 India Open, that will lead the medal that she had won in the 2013 and 2014 editions.
- In the another Indians, Rio Olympians Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy, young duo of Chirag Sen and Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Arjun MR and Ramchandran Shlok will compete in men’s doubles.
- “I am really playing well and I am confident. But everyone comes with their full fitness for such a big event. So I am not thinking about reaching final but focusing on the first round,” said Srikanth, who will open his campaign against Russia’s Sergey Sirant.
Dick Gregory, 84, Dies; Found Humor in the Civil Rights Struggle
- Dick Gregory, the trailblazing comic and civil rights activist who was the brand of the comedy of the country and has been comes in the fame with the media has been died on Saturday at the age of 84 years.
- “It is with enormous sadness that the Gregory family confirms that their father, comedic legend and civil rights activist Mr. Dick Gregory departed this earth tonight in Washington, DC.,” his son Christian Gregory wrote on Instagram.
- The gig included what is now one of Gregory’s best-known jokes: “Last time I was down South, I walked into this restaurant. This white waitress came up and said, ‘We don’t serve colored people here.’ I said, ‘That’s all right. I don’t eat colored people. Bring me a whole fried chicken.’”
- “It was the first time they had seen a black comic who was not bucking his eyes, wasn’t dancing and singing and telling mother-in-law jokes,” he told the Boston Globe in 2000. “Just talking about what I read in the newspaper.”
21st August 1972: Wildlife Protection Act is passed
- On 21st August in the year 1972, the Wildlife Protection Act was come in the action. This act has been later implemented on the 9th September 1972.
- This law is related to the wildlife has been the part of the history while the Wildlife Protection Act was passed.
- The main need for the protect the wildlife has been started because of the imbalance of the nature of the ecological and the structure of the diversity, catastrophe produced by humans, which will inflict nature and ultimately humans.
- The oldest law to protect wildlife and nature has been started in the 3rd century BC when Ashoka, the king of Magadha put in place a law to preserve wildlife and environment.