Army to Get 6 Apache Attack Helicopters in Deal worth Rs 4,168 Crore
- The defence acquisition council (DAC) of India on Thursday has been given the order to buy the six Apache AH64E attack helicopters of the army for the United States of Nation.
- The Boeing-manufactured helicopters and associated equipment has been taken by the officials report and has been expected the cost of this Rs.1 4,168 crore, it is said by the defence ministry sources. Before this it has given the order for the $3.1 billion for 22 Boeing AH-64E Apache helicopters and 15 Chinook heavy-lift choppers in 2015.
- These six of the helicopter has been given the authority by the DAC, which is headed by defense minister Arun Jaitley, and that will be brought by the US and that is by the contract of the Indian Air Force, the sources said.
- The ship will be armed with the Hellfire missiles, and this Apache can track up to 128 targets a minute and priorities threats. In this missile there is the gunship and has the fitted with the many of the equipment.
- The U.S. is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean
- Major Atlantic Coast cities are New York, a global finance and culture center, and capital Washington, DC.
- Midwestern metropolis Chicago is known for influential architecture and on the west coast, Los Angeles’ Hollywood is famed for filmmaking.
- Capital: Washington, D.C.
- Dialing code: +1
- President: Donald Trump
Central govt approves nearly Rs.32k crore plan for boosting Coast Guard capabilities
- The central government has given the approval for the Rs 32,000 crore plan for the Coast Guard this plan will help in the costal of the water for the defence of the costal water and the region, defence sources said.
- The main aim of this plan is to boost for the Coast Guard for the infrastructure and the some of the equipment fo the some of the like offshore patrol vessels, interceptor boats, helicopters, aircraft and critical operational infrastructure that has been decided in the meeting that is headed by Defence Secretary Sanjay Mitra earlier this month.
- The Coast Guard, is the most defensive part of the force and that has been more active after the 26/11 attacks, protects India’s maritime interests and enforces maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its Exclusive Economic zone (EEZ).
- In the current it has some of the 130 vessels, 52 interceptor boats and 60 plus flying assets to safeguard coastal security, island territories, offshore assets and marine environment as well as undertake anti-piracy, anti-smuggling, oil-spill and pollution-control operations.
- The Indian Coast Guard protects India’s maritime interests and enforces maritime law, with jurisdiction over the territorial waters of India, including its contiguous zone and exclusive economic zone
- Director General: Director General Rajendra Singh, PTM, TM
- Additional Director General: Additional Director General V. S. R. Murthy, PTM, TM
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Motto: वयम् रक्षामः (Sanskrit: We Protect)
- Helicopter: HAL Chetak HAL Dhruv
- Founded: 18 August 1978
“Champions of Change” initiative organised by NITI Aayog
- In an event organised by NITI Aayog the PM Narendra Modi has been said about the new start up, entrepreneurs and CEOs. This event has been called as the Champions of Change that was organised by India’s policy think-tank, and the main aim of this aim was the to gather them and told them about the ideas.
- At the event, Modi addressed the gathering and said, “With changing times, we have to change our processes and systems.” He said that it is important to integrate the strengths of society with the systems. The policy makers in the government are relatively senior. But the group I am meeting today is young. I want both to work together for India’s good. Innovation is life. When there is no innovation, there is stagnation.”
- Modi said,” I have been hearing the insightful presentations by young CEOs on a wide range of subjects, at the programme organised by NITI Aayog.” In his speech, Modi said that every citizen has something or the other to contribute to the nation. He added, “We want to integrate these strengths with our growth.”
- Modi said, “Along with good ideas, let us work towards the roadmap and institutional arrangements to fulfil the ideas. Need flexibility in Labour laws and safe infrastructure to enable job creation. The time has come to change this. The time for middlemen is over. Middlemen are out of work in this Government and they are the ones who are most unhappy.”
Environment Minister Launches “Harit Diwali, Swasth Diwali” Campaign
- Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, has inaugurates the new campaign that is the “Harit Diwali, Swasth Diwali” on Thursday.
- Saying towards the some of the 800 children from schools of Delhi and NCR, the minister of the state has been told that the important of the nature and not to harm the nation by putting the cracker and other harmful substance at the Diwali or the other occasions.
- Congratulating the teachers and students, Dr. Harsh Vardhan stated that the in the festival of the Diwali and the pollution that has been comes at the full pollution of the air and the noise. The Minister also said that the childres has been doing more effort in the task of the doing the fun.
- He also told to the children for the awareness of the chemical that is present in the crackers and the some of the equipment of the fun.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change is an Indian government ministry
- The ministry portfolio is currently held by Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Formed: 1985
- Jurisdiction: India
- Headquarters: Indira Paryavaran Bhavan, Jorbagh Road, New Delhi – 110 003
- Minister of state independent charge: Anil Madhav Dave
- Annual budget: 26.75 billion INR (US$400 million, 2017-18 est.)
- Awards: National Film Award for Best Promotional Film
US, Japan vow to boost defence cooperation with India, S Korea, Australia
- The US and Japan has get agree for the joint their security forces and the bilateral of the forces with the countries like India, South Korea and Australia, amidst China’s growing assertiveness in the Asia Pacific region.
- “We will cooperate to advance trilateral and multilateral security and defence cooperation with other partners in the region, notably the Republic of Korea, Australia, India and other southeast Asian countries,” US secretary of state Rex Tillerson told reporters at a news conference here with Defence Secretary James Mattis.
- “(With) ROK (South Korea), Australia, India and Southeast Asian countries, we will promote more than ever before cooperation in security and defence,” Kono said in Japanese which was translated into English.
- “The ministers highlighted ongoing Alliance efforts to advance trilateral and multilateral security and defence cooperation with other partners in the region, notably the Republic of Korea, Australia, India and Southeast Asian countries,” a joint statement issued after the meeting said.
- “The ministers underscored the importance of cooperating to promote a rules-based international order, taking note of the United States’ continued commitment to maintain a strong presence in the region and Japan’s initiatives demonstrated by its ‘Free and Open Indo-Pacific Strategy’,” the statement said.
- Japan is an island nation in the Pacific Ocean with dense cities, imperial palaces, mountainous national parks and thousands of shrines and temples
- Shinkansen bullet trains connect the main islands of Kyushu (with Okinawa’s subtropical beaches), Honshu (home to Tokyo and Hiroshima’s atomic-bomb memorial) and Hokkaido (famous for skiing)
- Tokyo, the capital, is known for skyscrapers, shopping and pop culture
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
- Population: 127 million (2016) World Bank
- Prime minister: Shinzō Abe
Saudi Arabia to open Salwa border point to Qatari pilgrims for Haj
- Saudi Arabia announced on Wednesday it has open the way for the Qatari pilgrims to Saudi Arabia for the performance of the haj this season, and that can be the end of the tragidy that has been started from the June of the year.
- In the statement on the official Saudi Press Agency said the Salwa border place will be open for the Qatari citizens the person who wants to show their performance in the pilgrimage to pass through, with no electronic permissions needed.
- Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates has been did the impose for the U.S. ally Qatar in June and has been cut down all the link. The four boycotting Arab states accuse Qatar of supporting terrorism that is the charge that is for the Doha denies.
- “Despite the fact it’s been politically motivated to ban the Qatari people from haj and politically motivated that they allow them (in)…, we welcome such a step, which is a step forward to get rid of this blockade that is imposed against my country,” Sheikh Mohammed told a news conference on a visit to Sweden.
- Saudi Arabia is a desert country encompassing most of the Arabian Peninsula, with Red Sea and Persian (Arabian) Gulf coastlines
- Known as the birthplace of Islam, it’s home to the religion’s 2 most sacred mosques: Masjid al-Haram, in Mecca, destination of the annual Hajj pilgrimage, and Medina’s Masjid an-Nabawi, burial site of the prophet Muhammad
- Riyadh, the capital, is a skyscraper-filled metropolis
- Capital: Riyadh
- Dialing code: +966
- Currency: Saudi riyal
- Ethnic groups: 90% Arab; 10% Afro-Arab
- GDP (PPP): 2017 estimate
- Date format: dd/mm/yyyy (AH)
Qatar launches new direct sea route to Pakistan
- Qatar has been announced the new and best way for the country’s Hamad Port and Pakistan’s port of Karachi, state news agency QNA reported on Monday.
- “The new shipping line provides more options for customers, exporters and importers from both countries, covering new important ports from around the world, which will play an important role in supporting trade between Qatar and its partners of the world,” said Captain Abdul Aziz al Yafei, Director of Hamad Port.
- Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Egypt imposed land, air and sea blockade on Qatar since June 5, by the term for this the financing extremist groups and allying with the Gulf Arab state’s arch-foe Iran. Qatar has neglected all the allegations.
- Qatar is a peninsular Arab country whose terrain comprises arid desert and a long Persian (Arab) Gulf shoreline of beaches and dunes
- Also on the coast is the capital, Doha, known for its futuristic skyscrapers and other ultramodern architecture inspired by ancient Islamic design, such as the limestone Museum of Islamic Art
- The museum sits on the city’s Corniche waterfront promenade
- Capital: Doha
- Dialing code: +974
- Currency: Qatari riyal
- GDP (PPP): 2017 estimate
BANKING & FINANCE
Axis Bank to waive 12 EMIs on home loans under Shubh Aarambh scheme
- For the better performance in the term of the existance some of the facility, Axis Bank which is the India’s third largest private sector bank has been did the announcement for the launch of the new home loan that is called the Shubh Aarambh Home Loans. In this scheme, the consumer can apply upto Rs 30 lakh will be able to avail the benefit of 12 EMIs’ waiver.
- In the report of the media the Bank has stated that the consumer can apply for the some of the 12 EMIs waived – 4 EMIs each after 4th, 8th and 12th year from the date of first disbursement. The EMI of the effect that has been applying on the lenders that has been diced by the Bank.
- Speaking at the launch, Rajiv Anand, Executive Director – Retail Banking, Axis Bank, said, “The government’s efforts in boosting the affordable housing segment has been relentless and Axis Bank feels privileged to be a constant partner in this initiative. Through these products we aim to provide further value addition to our customers in a highly-competitive environment and at no incremental cost. This would also encourage regular repayments by the customer.”
- Axis Bank Ltd is the third largest of the private-sector banks in India offering a comprehensive suite of financial products
- The bank has its head office in Mumbai and Registered office in Ahmedabad
- CEO: Shikha Sharma
- Chairperson: Dr. Sanjiv Misra (Part Time)
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Director: Usha Sangwan
- Subsidiaries: Axis Direct, A.Treds Limited, Axis Capital Limited,
ICICI Bank cut interest rate on savings account by 0.5%
- ICICI BankBSE -0.22 %, which is the India’s largest private sector lender has been become the first ever bank which has started the savings bank rate on Friday.
- In the notice of the stock exchange of the bank said it had cut the interest rate on deposits below Rs. 50 lakh to 3.5%.
- The cut rate has been started from the Saturday.
- ICICI joins peers SBI, Bank of BarodaBSE -0.84 %, HDFC BankBSE -0.76 %, Axis BankBSE -1.23 %, Yes Bank has been suggest for the creation of the lend that has been started them in the November last year.
- ICICI Bank is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, with its registered office in Vadodara
- CEO: Chanda Kochhar (1 May 2009–)
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India
- Founded: June 1994, Vadodara
- Profit: US$1.5 billion (2017)
- Subsidiaries: ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, ICICI Lombard
Science and Technology
BSNL launches digital wallet powered by MobiKwik
- State-run Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has launched on Thursday the mobile wallet in partnership with MobiKwik for the pay of the bill for his 100 million subscribers.
- Launching the digital wallet, telecom minister Manoj Sinha said, “With this co-branded wallet, the ease of payment will be extended to all the customers while equally strengthening financial inclusion in the rural hinterlands, which often get neglected”.
- BSNL chairman Anupam Srivastava said the partnership will ensure that all its 100 million customers are able to “seamlessly and conveniently transact and make mobile and other financial payments through the co-branded MobiKwik wallet”.
- “The alliance with BSNL will empower masses in India with access to dependable internet connectivity and digital payments”, Bipin Preet Singh, founder and CEO of MobiKwik said,
- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is an Indian state-owned telecommunications company headquartered in New Delhi
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: Shri Anupam Shrivastava (15 Jan 2015–)
- Founder: Government of India
- Founded: 15 September 2000
- Revenue: 329.2 billion INR (2016, US$5.1 billion)
- Parent organization: Government of India
NHAI launches mobile App MyFASTag and FASTag Partner
- The National Highways Authority of India on Thursday has launched the two application for the smooth of the Electronic Toll Collection system.
- The two apps MyFASTag and FASTag Partner has been given the some of the FASTags for electronic toll collection making it possible to buy or recharge FASTags online, an NHAI statement said.
- NHAI Chairman Deepak Kumar said “The cumbersome method of purchase and recharge of FASTags has been one of the major challenges with the Electronic Toll Collection project.”
- “The mobile apps launched today will ease the process, making it possible to buy or recharge FASTags at the click of a mobile button,” Deepak Kumar said.
- NHAI Chairman Deepak Kumar said, “One lane in every toll plaza will be dedicated FASTag lane where no other form of payment will be accepted. The other lanes, though FASTag enabled, can accept other forms of payment too,”
- The National Highways Authority of India is an autonomous agency of the Government of India, responsible for management of a network of over 70,000 km of National Highways in India
- Founded: 1988
- Sector: Indian National Highway System
- Purpose: Development and maintenance of national highways
- Jurisdiction: India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Agency executive: Yudhvir Singh Malik (Chairman)
Indian athletes bag record 37 medals at World Dwarf Games
- The Indian contingent for the World Dwarf Games has make the India feel proud by begging most of the as 37 medals from the games, which were held in Toronto, Canada.
- “I had a wonderful experience. I participated in badminton doubles, badminton singles, shot put, javelin, discus throw, and power-lifting,” Matthew told the media.
- It was an incredible moment for India as the athletes went up to the podium to receive their medals on multiple occasions. “We are very proud to be Indian athletes,” Matthew added.
- Arunachalam Nalini, she has won five medals, including one gold, highlighted the importance of these international events, saying, “This is our Olympics, the little peoples’ Olympics.”
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Dr Nanda Kumar Jairam bags FICCI’s Healthcare Personality award
- Dr Nanda Kumar Jairam, CEO, Chairman and Group Medical Director, Columbia Asia Hospitals, India, has been awarded by the most prestigious awards, ‘Healthcare Personality of the Year’ award.
- Dr Jairam has been given this award at the event of the ninth Healthcare Excellence Awards instituted by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI). The program has been boosted by the Quality Council of India.
- The Healthcare Excellence Awards by FICCI is given to the person for the best efforts of theirs in the excellence in the healthcare space.
World Mosquito Day
- World Mosquito Day, has been celebrated annually on the August 20, it celebrated in the term of the British doctor Sir Ronald Ross’s discovery in the year 1897 that female mosquitoes transmit malaria between humans.
- Ross has been discovered this at the event of the save for the life of the human and has been discovers the malaria at the World Mosquito Day in the future.
- The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine held in the Mosquito Day celebrations every year, in this event there is the many of the parties and exhibitions, a tradition dating back to as early as the 1930s.