Nepal PM K P Sharma Oli on 3-day Visit to India
- Nepal’s Prime Minister K.P. Sharma Oli has reached at New Delhi on Friday on a three-day roam at the time of which he will hold talks with the Indian leadership to boost ties between the two countries.
- Oli has be received at airport by Home Minister Rajnath Singh. He has been going to take the meeting with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the evening and will hold delegation-level talks on Saturday.
- The leaders who has arrived they will get the ceremonial welcome at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Saturday.
- On the last day of the visit that is on the day the Nepalese premier will visit the G B Pant University of Agriculture and Technology in Pantnagar, Uttarakhand.
Coal Ministry Launches UTTAM App for Quality Monitoring
Specific benefits of the UTTAM App would be
- For Subsidiary structure : The information about subsidiary wise declared GCV will help citizens and coal consumers to compare and assess the coal quality coming from a particular mine. It will provide a proper mapping of declared grade of coal dispatch to the consumers.
- For Coal consumer portal – The portal would give detailed information for coal consumers regarding the Third Party Sampling parameters. The App will give access for monitoring coal quality to individual coal consumers.
The salient features of UTTAM APP are:
- Sampling Coverage – The App provides coverage of Third Party Sampling, which includes information on production, dispatch and quantity sampled of coal.
- Subsidiary wise quality parameters – An interactive map based view provides holistic coverage of coal quality across subsidiaries, along with subsidiary details on quality parameters (Declared Gross Calorific Value [GCV], Analysed GCV) and coverage parameters (Locations, Quantity sampled).
- Declared Vs Analysed GCV – With CIL’s aim of having minimum variation between declared and analysed GCV of coal, an accurate representation of the same is incorporated in the App.
- Complaints pertaining to quality of Coal – Complaints are reflection of coal quality and transparency in the coal ecosystem. The App reflects the trend of complaints, which validates CIL’s efforts for quality improvement through Third Party Sampling.
- With the reduction in imports and gap minimising between analysed and declared grade, the reduction of complaints have been observed.
- Sampled volume – The App presents the latest quantity sampled in the power and non-power sector, bringing transparency in the coal quality assessment system.
- Imports of coal – The amount of coal imported is a clear reflection of the quality of coal that is produced within the country. The trend of coal imports over the last years is presented in the App.
Global Logistics Summit Held in New Delhi
- The Global Logistics Summit had held in New Delhi. This summit was organised by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, and also with FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) and the World Bank Group.
- The Summit did the work of the hold of the discussions with global experts, academics, government officials and private sector and industry representatives.
- By the report of the Union Minister for Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, 56 new airports will be ready for operation in the next few years.
Sahyog- Hyeoblyeog 2018: Indian, Korean Coast Guards Hold Joint Exercise
- Korean Coast Guard ship ‘BADARO’ has been taken the part in the Indo-Korean joint anti-piracy, which is the search and rescue exercise ‘SAHYOG-HYEOBLYEOG 2018’ off the Chennai coast today.
- With the Korean ship, Indian Coast Guard ships and an aircraft also has taken the part in the exercise.
- By being the part of exercise, ships of the Indian Coast Guard and the Korean vessel undertook tactical manoeuvres and “drills” to counter piracy and carry out maritime law enforcement tasks off Chennai coast, an official release said.
- There has been by the report the event has been set by the RECAAP that is a focal point in Korea and reported loss of communication with cargo vessel South Korean flag — MV Hyun Tau and it was indicated that pirates have hijacked the vessel.
NASA’s Hubble telescope captures image of Icarus, farthest star ever seen
- Nasa’s Hubble Space Telescope has did the discovery of the one of the unique star that has ever seen in an enormous blue stellar body nicknamed Icarus located over halfway across the universe.
- The star, has been seen in one of the spiral galaxy, is so far away that its light has taken nine billion years to reach Earth. It has get in the seen when the universe and did when the universe was about 30 per cent of its current age.
- In some of the time the star are normally seen, even with the world’s largest telescopes.
- In that by the phenomenon called gravitational lensing that tremendously amplifies the star’s feeble glow, astronomers were able to pinpoint this faraway star and set a new distance record.
BANKING AND FINANCE
India’s first blockchain implementation goes live
- Three trade receivable discounting systems (TReDS) that is the digital invoice discounting platforms has given the approval for the RBI have jointly implemented a blockchain solution, which is expected to help reduce frauds in bills discounting or receivable financing.
- Kalyan Basu, Managing Director & CEO, A. TReDs said: Our clients are particularly sensitive about their sourcing inputs, and we could not broadcast any of their private information to a shared network. This technology allows us to work with the other exchanges to achieve shared goals without sharing specific data”.
- Kashinath Katakdhond, Managing Director & CEO, and RXIL, said: “With the implementation of MonetaGo Blockchain solution we have a tool for mitigating systemic risk especially in trade receivable discounting”.
Bank of Baroda slapped with Rs 9 crore fine over remittance scam
- The Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) has assault the Rs 9 crore penalty on Bank of Baroda for “failing” to adhere to anti-money laundering function, and that have no any of the right report of the suspicious transactions linked to the Rs 6,000 crore scam in its Delhi-based branch.
- The FIU has scrolled the maximum penality of Rs 1 lakh, as stipulated under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA), for each instance of “delayed” filing of Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs) by the state-owned bank in the case.
- The central financial intelligence gathering and dissemination company with under Ministry of Finance is empowered to investigate and levy penalties on banks and other financial intermediaries, under the PMLA, if they fail to comply with anti-money laundering procedures.
Mithali Raj Becomes Most Capped Player in Women’s ODIs
- Indian skipper, Mithali Raj has been register her name in record books on Friday after and has become one of the most fame in the women’s ODI cricket. Raj has got the stone of gold by being the leader of the Indian team onto the field for the first match of the ICC Women’s Championship ODI series in Nagpur.
- Former England captain Charlotte Edward’s has the count of the 191 matches was the previous record. Teammate, Jhulan Goswami has been ranked on the elusive list. This plays has been on the term of the most of the 20 years that is the Raj made her debut for India in June 1999 against Ireland.
- This is just one of the several records that Raj holds. She also holds the records of being highest run-getter in women’s ODIs. In addition, has the hit the most number of fifties and nineties. By the incident there has the 192nd appearance, Raj also registered 50 ODI matches against England itself?