Delhi-Pathankot Flight under UDAN Scheme Inaugurated
- Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu on Thursday has launched the first flight from Delhi to Pathankot (Punjab), in the event that has held at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi
- The Pathankot airport has been released for the Airports Authority of India (AAI) to improve regional connectivity as per the UDAN Scheme.
- “Pathankot is a very important border city for India and it is very important to connect and help the people from such areas, we had tried to connect the city in the past as well and our Honorable Prime Minister’s dream scheme of UDAN has also got wings from this step and I believe that in the coming days, we will be able to connect many other places like this,” Suresh Prabhu said.
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) has been going to install the plan UDAN, a regional airport development and Regional Connectivity Scheme of the Government of India (GOI)
India 3rd Most Vulnerable Country to Cyber Threats
- India has been ranked on the third most vulnerable country in terms of risk of cyber threats, like the malware, spam and ransomware, in the year 2017, now it has move up one place over previous year, according to a report by security solutions provider Symantec.
- In the year 2017, 5.09% of global threats that has known were in India, that something in less than 5.11% in the year 2016. The U.S., which has rate 26.61%, was most vulnerable to such attacks, followed by China, which has rate 10.95%, according to ‘Internet Security Threat Report’.
- This ranking has been done on the basis of eight metrics malware, spam, phishing, bots, network attacks, web attacks, ransomware and crypto miners.
- By the report that has released, India will carry on the second most impacted by spam and bots, third most impacted by network attacks, and fourth most impacted by ransomware.
Turkey Hosts Critical Summit on Syria War with Russia and Iran
- The presidents of Iran, Turkey and Russia has did the meeting on Wednesday for their second tripartite summit in under six months, and has set the aim to speed the peace process for Syria and bolster their influence in the country.
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been going to host the Russian and Iranian counterparts Vladimir Putin and Hassan Rouhani in Ankara for a meeting that could have a critical bearing on developments in Syria.
- This meeting has been going to be the second such tripartite summit after the first was hosted by Putin in November in the Black Sea city of Sochi and will be a new symbol of the increasingly deep cooperation.
India and Azerbaijan Ink 2 Agreements
- India and Azerbaijan has been signed the two of the documents for the visa waiver for diplomatic, official and service passports holders and cooperation between diplomatic training institutes.
- The agreements were signed at the time of ongoing visit of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to that country.
- Ms Swaraj has been the part of the 18th NAM Ministerial Conference in Baku. External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar tweeted that India is proud to be associated with this unique international organisation since its inception.
BANKING AND FINANCE
FIEO and PayPal Inks MoU
- Digital payments company PayPal and the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) on Friday has signed an agreement to give the promotion outbound shipments among small and medium enterprises (SMEs) leveraging the partners’ expertise and technology products.
- “The MoU will help FIEO reach the cottage industries, artisans, house-wives, youths, MSMEs and clusters, even in far-flung areas to develop their orientation towards exports,” FIEO Director General and CEO Ajay Sahai told reporters here.
- “This MoU will essentially focus on training Indian SMEs in various aspects of exports and familiarise them with global growth opportunities. Certain inherent challenges have deterred the Indian SME sector from performing to its true potential,” PayPal India Managing Director and Country Manager Anupam Pahuja said.
- “The awareness programmes will address some commonly faced challenges by SMEs and entail training to empower them with PayPal solutions tailored for this segment,” Pahuja said.
Indian Army, HDFC Bank ink MoU on defence salary package
- A Memorandum of Undertaking (MoU) was signed between the Indian Army and HDFC Bank on the Defence Salary Package on 03 Apr 2018. The first MoU between HDFC Bank and the Indian Army was signed in 2011 and was renewed on 13 Mar 2015. The current MoU is tailor made to suit the requirements of serving soldiers, pensioners and families.
- The signing in ceremony was chaired by the Director General (MP&PS), Lt Gen S K Saini and was attended by the top dignitaries of HDFC Bank headed by Ms Smita Bhagat, Head Government Business and Branch Banking.
- Currently Indian Army has MoUs on Defence Salary Package with 11 public and private sector banks. MoUs are considered for inception and renewal with banks on analyzing their utility and suitability to the requirements of serving soldiers, pensioners and families.
- Army is hoping that this MoU will benefit a large number of serving and retired Army personnel who are having their accounts with HDFC bank; and provide them an opportunity to access modern banking facilities.
Commonwealth Games 2018 Starts at Gold Coast in Australia
- Campbell, who has done the anchoring at the Australia and has gained the world record and victory in the 4x100m freestyle relay on Thursday night, touched the wall in a Games record and personal with the time of 23.78 seconds.
- Campbell has did the paid for the parochial Southport crowd, who had let their allegiance be known as the finalists stood behind the blocks.
- “When the crowd started chanting ‘Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!’ just before the start, this is goose bump stuff,” Campbell said.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Himanta Sarma elected as President of Badminton Association of India
- Himanta Biswa Sarma has been chosen as the president of the Badminton Association of India unopposed at the time of the federation’s annual general body meeting and election in Goa on Tuesday.
- Himanta Biswa Sarma, who has given the ranked by the Cabinet minister and convener of the North East Democratic Alliance (NEDA), has been going to take the implementa on interim president of BAI last year after the demise of former president Akhilesh Das Gupta. He has been going to serve himself as the president for a term of four years.
- Former Tamil Nadu Badminton Association president and former Union minister, Anbumani Ramadoss has been chosen as the treasurer uncontested. Ramadoss is currently working in the Lok Sabha MP from Dharmapuri constituency.
International Romani Day
- The International Romani Day, which is celebrated on April 8 annually, it is a day to celebrate Romani culture and raise awareness of the issues facing Romani people.
- This day was come in the official in the year 1990 in Serock, Poland, the site of the fourth World Romani Congress of the International Romani Union (IRU), in the respect of the major international meeting of Romani representatives, 7–12 April 1971 in Chelsfield near London.