E-Way Bill for Inter-State Movement of Goods Comes into Force
- Nationwide electronic or e-way bill system for inter-state movement of goods has been presented on Wednesday, with GSTN officials saying that the platform is working smoothly.
- Karnataka is the only State, which has installed the system of the e-way bill system for moving goods within the State. The State has been using the e-way bill platform from the month of the September last year for intra-state movement of goods.
- From Wednesday, businesses and transporters has been started and grows in term with the GST inspector e-way bill for moving goods worth over Rs 50,000 from one State to another.
- Official at the Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN), the company, which has developed the field of the IT backbone for GST regime, said that the e-way bill platform been working smoothly and Karnataka is also generating e-way bill for intra-state movement of goods.
India Ranks 37th in Global Startup Ecosystem: Startup blink Report
- In the report of the five years, the Indian startup ecosystem has seen many difficulties. While the years 2014 and the year 2015 saw a lot of investor activity, that has been started that will be strong and will be tight towards the end of the year 2017. The indulgence has been providing it in term of the scheme, but like the prodigal child, the Indian startup ecosystem has shown there is no stopping it, even if the progress is painfully slow.
- On the basis of the report that is released by Startup blink, which is the universally startup ecosystem map with tens of thousands of registered startups, coworking spaces, and accelerators, the Indian startup ecosystem has been given the ranked at number 37 and the global ranking of its top three cities are Bengaluru, New Delhi, and Mumbai.
- By term of the ranking, India ranks below Latin American countries Mexico (30th) and Chile (33rd). Its neighbors, China (12th), Singapore (10th), South Korea (17th), and Japan (20th), are in the top 20 list.
- In term of the clarity for the growth of the business, startup policies, and complicated tax compliance, that has been going as good term of the Indian policy. The Indian startup ecosystem has been also in term with the many of the goods and services, which is an important measure to gauge the maturity of a startup ecosystem.
Bloomberg Billionaires Top 100 Index Released
- Reliance Industries Chairman and Managing Director Mukesh Ambani has been placed with the ranking at 19th on Bloomberg Billionaires Top 100 Index and by that, he has become the third richest Asian on the list. He, with a total net worth of approximately $38.3 billion, Ambani’s wealth is pegged at about over 1.5 percent of India’s GDP.
- Besides from the Ambani, four other Indians who has been listed in the list of the Billionares ArcelorMittal CEO Lakshmi Mittal (51), Shapoorji Pallonji Group Chairman Pallonji Mistry (61), Wipro Chairman Azim Premji (66), and HCL Chairman Shiv Nadar (85).
- Besaides this there has more than the 24 Indians on Bloomberg Billionaires top 500 Index, which was released on April 2.
- Also the Ambani’s wealth has grown by $9.3 billion as compared to the same period last year, it declined by $2.3 billion year-to-date
India-Japan-US Trilateral Talks Held in New Delhi
- New Delhi has been going to host the trilateral dialogue between India, Japan and the US this week ahead of the summit between US President Donald Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at Mar-a-Lago later this month, the state department has said.
- The Trump administration has been sent there has been the two of the person who were the one of the diplomat principal deputy assistant secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Alice Wells and acting assistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific Affairs Susan Thornton—to co-lead the American delegation for the trilateral dialogue.
- There has been the crucial talk between the Indo-Pacific region on Wednesday comes a fortnight ahead of the Trump-Abe summit at Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s Florida resort. This will be the two days of the summit that is of the 17-18 April, the two leaders will reaffirm the US-Japan alliance as a cornerstone of peace, stability, and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific region, the White House said on Tuesday.
Trial Run of 1st India-Bangladesh Container Train Flagged Off
- The trial run of the first container train to run between Kolkata and Dhaka has been started on Tuesday.
- “The much-awaited demand of the trade is finally being met after a long passing by Container Corporation of India Ltd (CONCOR) and Indian Railways with Bangladesh Railway and other agencies of the two countries,” Harindra Rao, General Manager, Eastern Railways said.
- The container train has the estimation of the eight hours to reach Bangladesh and can carry 60 containers with a maximum net weight of 12.247 kg in each.
- There has the passengers train has been running between these two countries; container train service has begun for the first time. It is expected to facilitate trade between India and Bangladesh.
BANKING AND FINANCE
IndusInd Bank Gets RBI Nod to Acquire IL&FS Arm
- Private sector lender IndusInd Bank on Wednesday has said that it has received RBI’s approval to buy the securities services arm of IL&FS.
- The size of the deal was still the unknown.
- “The Reserve Bank has granted approval for the proposed acquisition,” IndusInd Bank said in a regulatory filing.
- In March in the year 2017, the bank entered an agreement with Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services, the promoter shareholder of IL&FS Securities Services Ltd (ISSL), to acquire 100 per cent stake in ISSL.
HRD Ministry Constitutes Committee to Prevent Exam Paper Leakages
The Ministry of Human Resource Development has constituted a High Powered Committee to examine the entire system of conducting Class X and Class XII examination conducted by the CBSE with a view to prevent leakages.
Shri Vinay Sheel Oberoi, Retd. Secretary (Higher Education), MHRD will be the Chairperson of the 7 member High Power Committee.
The terms of reference of the Committee are as under:
- To revisit all aspects related to the security checks built into the system for ensuring that the Question papers reach the examinees without tampering.
- To examine and assess all areas of potential weakness in the present system of transporting question papers from the printing presses to the examinees.
- To suggest ways in which the system can be made more secure with the use of technology and minimization of human intervention.
The other members of the committee include
- Shri Pavnesh Kumar, Retd. Controller of Examination, CBSE And Former Secretary, UP Examination Board
- J.S. Rajput, India representative on the executive board of the UNESCO former director, NCERT and former Chairman NCTE
- Vasudha Kamat, Independent Director, IRCON & Former VC, SNDT Women’s University
- Krishna Mohan Tripathy, Ex-Director of Education, UP And Chairman Board of High School & Intermediate Education, UP
- Senior representative of DG, NIC
- Joint Secretary (SE-II)
Commonwealth Games 2018 Starts at Gold Coast in Australia
- There has the more than the 4,500 athletes from 71 nations and territories has been going to take part for the 275 gold medals over the 11 days of competition.
- There has more than the 35,000 public packed into the Carrara Stadium, normally the home of Australian Rules football side Gold Coast Suns.
- There has the heavy rainfall has started of proceedings but that failed to dampen spirits. The publics and athletes were then treated to a ceremony highlighting music and dance drawing on Australia’s history and traditions.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
SoftBank Signs $930 million Deal to Set up Solar Venture in India
- Japan’s SoftBank Group Corp has given the approval for the $930 million Indian joint solar energy venture with Chinese firm GCLBSE 0.00 % System Integration Technology Co as part of its India solar investment roadmap.
- This project will work on the basis of the photovoltaic technology, which is used in solar panels. GCL will provide technology and Softbank will assist in obtaining land and regulatory approvals, GCL said in a filing to the Shenzhen stock exchange on Friday.
- Softbank said in the year 2015 that it would invest up to $20 billion along with Foxconn Technology and Bharti Enterprises in solar projects in India and aimed to have a capacity of up to 20 gigawatts (GW).