Nirmala Sitharaman in Russia to attend Moscow Conference
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Tuesday has did the meeting with the Russian counterpart General Sergei Shoigu and in that has held the talk on the defence cooperation between the two countries for the focus on military technical cooperation.
- Sitharaman has been on the visit of the three days for the Russia to present at the seventh Moscow Conference on International Security. This visit was her first visit at the Russia in her capacity as the Defence Minister.
- “In order to reinforce defence cooperation between India and Russia with a focus on military technical cooperation, Smt @nsitharaman meets H E Army General Sergei Shoigu, Minister of Defence, Russia in Moscow,” the official Twitter handle of the Defence Minister tweeted.
- In the starting of the day, she met Russia’s Minister of Industry and Trade Denis Manturov and discussed strategies to strengthen defence production cooperation between the two countries.
West Bengal Introduces ‘Rupashree Scheme’ for Marriage of Poor Girls
- The state government of West Bengal on March 28, 2018 has launched the new scheme called ‘Rupashree’ in term to facilitates the marriage assistance to girls who belongs from economically weaker families with a budgetary allocation of Rs 1500 crore.
- The scheme’s announcement has been done in the starting of the state’s Finance Minister Amit Mitra at the time of the presentation of the state budget for year 2018-19.
- The scheme has been comes in the term of the financial assistance worth Rs 25,000 to the family of the girl whose annual income is up to Rs 1.5 lakh.
- The monetary assistance has been given at the time of marriage after the girl has attained the age of 18 years.
World-Class Tourist Amenities Unveiled at Konark Sun Temple
- An excellent interpretation center and other tourist facilities for visitors has been on Wednesday has launched at the Konark Sun Temple, coinciding with Utkal Diwas Odisha’s foundation day.
- At the time of the launching of the facilities, Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said the Sun Temple is Odishas pride and it is important that the world should be the aware for this architectural marvel, for which the interpretation center is a step in that direction.
- By saying at the gathering on the occasion, Pradhan complimented Indian Oil Foundation (IOF), a trust formed by Indian Oil Corporation, for developing the visitor-friendly infrastructure and facilities.
- He also said that in term of the sculptor Raghunath Mahapatra for recreating the sculptural wealth of Konark Sun Temple at the interpretation centre for the benefit of both national and International visitors.
Suresh Prabhu Launches Digital Initiative for Ease of Export
- In term with the Digital India initiative, the government has built the three online portals to make it easier to get the farm products from India and reduce transaction costs.
- “Potential for agricultural and food export will get a great boost due to these digital initiatives,” commerce and industry minister Suresh Prabhu said while launching the portals on Tuesday.
- The digital platforms developed by the Export Inspection Council, and by that he has changes all the export food chain by connecting the first production, chain catch, aquaculture pond, dairy farms and apiaries.
- The council is the official export certification body of the government and it has developed and it portals for “credible inspection and certification and to strengthen the confidence on Indian produce”, as per an official release.
HRD Ministry Releases ‘NIRF India Rankings 2018’
- Human Resources Development (HRD) Minister Prakash Javadekar has been going to release the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), ‘India Rankings’, India’s own top university rankings under 9 different categories now.
- The NIRF Rankings of year 2018 will be released at 3.00 pm, Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and Indian Institute of Technology, Madras has topped the NIRF ranking in overall category, the IISc Bangalore and JNU topped the universities category, and Miranda House ranked top in colleges’ category.
- NIRF India Rankings 2018 will be released in these categories: Overall, Universities, Engineering, Colleges, Management, Pharmacy, Medical, Architecture, and Law.
- This year, NIRF authorities have added three more categories than last year’s; Medical, Architecture and Law.
BANKING AND FINANCE
MoU between Indian Army and HDFC Bank
- A Memorandum of Undertaking (MoU) was signed between the Indian Army and HDFC Bank on the Defence Salary Package on 03 Apr 2018. The first MoU between HDFC Bank and the Indian Army was signed in the year 2011 and was renewed on 13 Mar in the year 2015.
- The current MoU is just the way of the representation that is use for the serving soldiers, pensioners and families.
- In the recent Indian Army has MoUs on Defence Salary Package with 11 public and private sector banks. MoUs are considered for inception and renewal with banks on analyzing their utility and suitability to the requirements of serving soldiers, pensioners and families. Army is hoping that this MoU has get the hope that there will be the large scale of the Army personnel who are having their accounts with HDFC bank; and also provide them an opportunity to access modern banking facilities.
Jio Payments Bank Limited Commences Operations
- The Reserve Bank on Wednesday has said Jio Payments Bank has commences its banking services from Wednesday.
- Reliance Industries Ltd, which has only the 11 applicants, that has been released in-principle approval for setting up a payments bank in August in the year 2015.
- “Jio Payments Bank Limited has commenced operations as a payments bank with effect from April 3, 2018,” RBI said in a notification.
- Telecom major Bharti Airtel was the first, which has started the payment bank services in November in the year 2016.
India to be partner country for Ambient 2019
- India has been going to be partner for the International Frankfurt Trade Fair, Ambiente for the coming year 2019 to be held during February 8-12, 2019, a statement said.
- “India will take over the partner country globe from the Netherlands. This was announced by Messe Frankfurt at a festive ceremony on the penultimate day of Ambiente (2018),” said the organisers in the statement.
- “The country that receives the globe can then present itself at a special show at the next Ambiente,” it added.
- Union Minister of State for Textiles Ajay Tamta, said, “India is looking forward to this collaboration that will help to develop long-term sustainable partnerships of Indian industry with the value chain in Germany and other countries.”
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Ola Acquires Ticketing App Firm Ridlr
- Ride-hailer Ola has acquired Mumbai-based Ridlr, which is the all over in all corners of the mumbai’s ticketing and commuting app, according to a company statement.
- The acquisition will complement Ola’s efforts to change and spread its mobility platform with public transportation infrastructure. The integration of Ridlr has been going to present the new facilities serve their mobility needs, according to the statement.
- Ridlr’s team of 64 employees has been going to join the Ola. Ridlr is currently serving commuters in Mumbai and Delhi with partnerships with BEST, Delhi Metro, and Mumbai metro, and with the pilots of many of the cities. Brijraj Vaghani, founder of Ridlr has been going to run as the head of the operations.
- Founded Establ in 2012, Ridlr enables users to search and book public transport options on their mobile phones. “Combining Ridlr’s innovations in mass transit with Ola’s mobility products will enable true multi-modal mobility solutions for users at scale. With this acquisition, Ola will bring new technology and mobility options as it works to expand into and partner with cities in India and abroad,”