Meeting of PIC between India and Pakistan Held in New Delhi
- The two-day meeting of the Permanent Indus Commission (PIC) has started at New Delhi with India and Pakistan has taken the discuss various issues under the Indus Waters Treaty (IWT) during the parleys.
- The Indian delegation for the yearly India’s Indus Water Commissioner P K Saxena, who is the leader of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and technical experts, sources said.
- Syed Muhammad Mehar Ali Shah has been going to lead the Pakistan’s six-member delegation for the commission’s 114th meeting.
- This meeting has been going too held in the term of the countries over a host of issues, including the alleged harassment of diplomats.
India gets first US LNG shipment at Dabhol, Maharashtra
- The media report has got the LNG cargo from the US in the many of the term and condition that has been shipped to carrying super-cooled natural gas arrived at Dabhol in Maharashtra.
- A charter ship, MV Meridian Spirit has reached at Dabhol after 25 days voyage from Louisiana, state-which has owned the GAIL India Ltd BSE -1.02 % said in a press statement.
- GAIL India has been signed the contracted of the 3.5 million tons per annum of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from US energy firm Cheniere Energy’s Sabine Pass liquefaction facility in Louisiana. The first cargo from the project has reached at Dabhol, the cite of India’s biggest gas-fired power plant.
- It has also signed the long time of the contracted for the 2.3 million tonnes at Dominion Energy’s Cove Point liquefaction plant.
Petroleum Minister inaugurates World-Class Interpretation Centre and Tourist Amenities
- Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Skill Development & EntrepreneurshipShri Dharmendra Pradhan, inaugurated the excellent Interpretation Centre and tourist facilities at Konark Sun Temple at Konark today, which coincides with Utkal Divas celebrationsin Odisha.
- Addressing the gathering on the occasion, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan complimented The IndianOil Foundation (IOF), a non-profit trust fully funded by IndianOil Corporation (IndianOil), under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas,for developing the visitor-friendlyinfrastructure and associated facilities, including a state-of-the-artInterpretation Centre that showcases the unique architectural features of Konark Sun Temple.
- He said, that the Konark Sun Temple is Odisha’s pride and it is important that the world is made aware of this architectural marvel, for which the Interpretation Centre is a step in that direction. He also complemented ShriRaghunath Mahapatra for recreating the sculptural wealth of Konark sun Templeat the Interpretation Centre for the benefit of both national & International visitors. He further said that the modern amenities that have been developed at the temple complex would attract more tourists in future.
- Other dignitaries present on the occasion were Mr. Shigeru Aoyagi, Director & UNESCO Representative to India; Shri Adwaita Charan Gadanayak, Director General, National Gallery of Modern Art; Shri Sanjiv Singh, Chairman, IndianOil; Shri JC Nakra,CMD, Engineers India Ltd., Padma Vibhushan Shri Raghunath Mahapatra; Padma ShriSudarshan Sahoo; Padma ShriPrabhakar Maharana; and Shri Ranjan Mahapatra,Director (HR), IndianOil.
Odisha celebrates Utkal Divas
- The 82nd statehood day of Odisha – Utkal Divas had been celebrated with the very of the sound and happiness in the city on Sunday. Politics has shown the love for the state and the leaders participated in a series of events to mark the occasion.
- They give the tribute to the leader who has given the lots of the efforts of Odisha state, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said, “Odisha has achieved much success in the last 80 years. Our growth rate has surpassed the national rate. Poverty has gone down. Per head, income has increased. Odisha has become an ideal state for the welfare of poor. In sports infrastructure Odisha has created a niche in international sphere.”
- He has also said that the Odisha got international recognition in management of natural disaster and Bhubaneswar as a smart city could secure a place among the global cities. Odisha is also much ahead of other states in ease of doing business and coat of doing business as per the report of Asian Development Bank, Naveen added.
BANKING AND FINANCE
Rivigo ties up with IDFC, YES Bank, for truck loans
- Rivigo, a homegrown logistics start-up that has owns that step of the aggregator of trucks, has been going to tie up with the YES Bank, IDFC and 10 other financial institutions to insure the very cheaper funds that has owe for the truck owners and operators on its platform.
- The funds has been given on the rate of the 1-2 per cent per month, this is the very below than the usual industry standard of 2-3 per cent, said Deepak Garg, Rivigo’s founder and CEO. Without waiting for any of the funds of the customers, they can get the money from the banks for a duration of 30-60 days, he explained.
- The start-up has the aims to disrupt India’s truck market, that on the basis of the year 2015 government estimate, comprises over 9 million trucks and is largely unorganised. This is more than the 85 per cent of truck owners own a fleet of five trucks or less.
- Rivigo itself has owns the 5,000 trucks, and has tied up with 30,000 more truck operators. In total, it has access to 1 lakh trucks of various sizes, with each truck owner or operator on its platform running 2-5 trucks each.
Russia tests new nuclear intercontinental ballistic missile Sarmat
- The Russian military has announced that it has successfully tested its latest intercontinental ballistic missile.
- The Defence Ministry said on Friday’s launch from Plesetsk in northwestern Russia has tested the Sarmat missile’s performance in the early stage of its flight.
- Sarmat is intended has been going to change the Soviet-designed Voyevoda, the world’s heaviest ICBM known as “Satan” in the West.
- President Vladimir Putin has said in the starting of this month that Sarmat weighs 200 metric tons and has a higher range than Satan has, has given the permission for it has to fly over the North or the South Poles and strike targets anywhere in the world. He added that Sarmat also carries a bigger number of nuclear warheads, which are more powerful than the ones on Satan.
Mithali Raj Adjudged ‘Sportsperson of the Year’
- Indian women’s cricket team captain Mithali Raj has been awarded as the ‘Sportsperson of the Year’ and the ace shuttlers Kidambi Srikanth and PV Sindhu has bagged the best senior male and female athletes at the Telangana Sports Journalists Association annual awards for 2017 on Saturday.
- Mithali Raj was not at there to take the award and her parents received it on her behalf from BV Papa Rao, Advisor to the Telangana government.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Shekhar Kapur to head the jury for 65th National Film Awards
- Veteran director Shekhar Kapur has been appointed as the chairperson of the central panel of the 65th National Film Awards, that is sources in the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting said on Wednesday.
- This panel has been come in this type of the chairperson and 10 other members, in which there has the five regional chairpersons who head the respective regional panels.
- Film writer Imtiaz Hussain, who is shown in the many of the films for his works in films like Astitva (2000) and Parinda (1989) will be the regional chairperson of South I panel. Mehboob, who has get the lyrics for the Hindi (dubbed) version of 1995 Tamil romantic drama Bombay, has been appointed as the regional chairperson of South II panel, the sources said.
- Actor Gautami Tadimalla, who is known for her work in Tamil films, is the regional chairman of the North panel, while director Rahul Rawail known for films like Love Story (1981), Betaab (1983), Arjun (1985) and Jo Bole So Nihaal (2005), was chosen as the regional chairperson of the Western panel, they said.