Commerce Ministry Launches Digital Platform for MSME Exporters
- The Minister of Commerce & Industry Shri Suresh Prabhu launchedthe FIEO GlobalLinker- a digital platform for MSME exporters to digitise their businesses and join a global community of growing businesses today in New Delhi.
- FIEO GlobalLinker is setup with a view to make the business growth of SMEs simpler, more profitable and enjoyable. It is a growing global network currently comprising over 140,000 SME firms, who are seeking business collaboration and growth opportunities through the use of their electronic business card and digital profiles created on the platform. FIEO is available free of cost and it offers exporters a range of features and benefits like:
- Business Opportunities: Exporters will be able to find clients, suppliers and advisors using the search and review facilities. Creating a free e-commerce store for direct sales and improved chain management.
- Up-to-date Business Knowledge through business articles, industry news and common interest groups.
- Improved Efficiencies: Platform provides services like company intranet, integrating email, a business calendar.
- FIEO’s Services: Application for new RCMC/endorsement/renewal/participation in FIEO’s promotional programme and alerts.
Odisha’s 2nd Longest River Bridge Opened
- There has been the construction of the very long waited bridge on the Ib River in Sambalpur district had been opened by the public by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Sunday. The 2.5-km-long bridge, that is the State’s second longest bridge, has been built in three years at a cost of Rs. 117.50 crore.
- “By becoming a direct road connectivity for the cut-off areas, it will be an emotional reconnect for people of Jharsuguda and Sambalpur who were affected by the building of the Hirakud reservoir 50 years ago,” Mr. Patnaik had said in a message.
- “I am happy to note that IIM -Sambalpur is growing fast and positioning itself as a centre of excellence in innovation and entrepreneurship. It is heartening to know, that the institute has been aiming to prepare ethical leaders who along with their commitment to business, commerce and industry also strive for social consciousness while contributing to nation building,” he said.
- “IIM-Sambalpur should become an active participant, a knowledge partner and a think tank for planning, strategising and reinforcing government schemes for social development,” he said.
India Wins Election to Crucial NGO Committee in UN
- India has got the win in one of the election crucial non-governmental organisation committee in the UN that is just after got the more number of the votes besides getting elected by acclamation to other subsidiary bodies in five separate polls.
- The UN’s Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) has did the election on its body that is the election on Monday. The ECOSOC focusses on advancing the three dimensions of sustainable development that is economic, social and environmental.
- In term of the election, India’s Permanent Representative to the UN Ambassador Syed Akbaruddin told in the media that the “results reflect, yet again, the broad support and many friends India has amongst UN members”.
- The elected members, to serve a three-year term beginning on January 1, in next year that is 2019 and expiring on December 31, till year 2021 include Algeria, Burkina Faso, Nigeria and Swaziland, Iraq, Iran, Kuwait, Thailand, Belarus, Brazil, Cuba, Mexico Austria, France, Turkey and the United States.
Venkaiah Naidu Launches Assam Govt’s Cashless Health Scheme
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on Wednesday has launched a health scheme of the Assam government in that scheme there is the offer of free medical care of up to Rs 2 lakh for every individual from Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Above Poverty Line (APL) families.
- Congratulating the Assam government for the pro-poor scheme, Naidu said, “It is estimated that the number of Indians falling below poverty line due to health spending run as high as 63 million. The need of the hour is to safeguard people from this catastrophic health expenditure by providing comprehensive care.”
- “Atal Bihari Vajpayee will always be remembered in the country for the revolution he started for (effective) communication. He brought recognition and respect for India in the world with the Pokhran (blast). At the same time, we (the BJP government) also worked for peace and progress of the country,” Naidu said.
- “The prime minister said that he wanted to see every district has a medical college. That should be our goal. We can allow private sector with some regulations, but regulation should not be strangulation,” Naidu said, and urged the Assam government to open medical colleges and healthcare centres in rural areas.
- “People are not willing to go to rural areas, although 60 per cent of the population still lives in villages. Doctors who serve in rural areas must be given preferences during admission in PG medical courses,” Naidu said. “India is embarking on an ambitious target of achieving universal health coverage by ensuring equitable access to healthcare for all citizens, regardless of their income level, social status, gender, caste and religion,” the vice president said.
BANKING AND FINANCE
INFIN8: A new revolution in finance sector
- Vikram Raichura, CEO of VivaConnect along with Radhika Raichura, has did the announcement of his one of the new mark that is the ‘INFIN8’. INFIN8 gives the facility of quick and easy process of connecting potential borrowers with multiple lenders through both online (APP and Web) and offline, through India’s most premium number 8080808080.
- “We have done a thorough market study and this is the best way to reach out to people across the country who need financial help but do not have the digital knowledge and experience. The main objective of our business is to be easily accessible and helpful to our potential customers without any internet dependency. We have tied-up with more than 50 Banks and NBFC’s to offer end to end financial solutions with complete transparency in their offerings and solutions. Having said this, our unique ID8 system ensures that potential customers get customised solutions based on their requirement and payment capacity,” said Vikram Raichura.
FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 unveils official fan-chosen mascot Son of Dreams
- Son of Dreams has given the drill as the official Mascot of the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 at there on Wednesday.
- Li Yingchuan, China’s Vice Minister of Sports, said, “I believe the mascot will spread the idea of the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 and the spirit of basketball to the rest of the world with its cute and vivid image and will play an important role in enhancing the influence of the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019.”
- The selection of Son of Dreams as China 2019’s Official Mascot was the culmination of a unique process by FIBA. The mascot finalists are a Chinese dragon (‘Son of Dream’), a Siberian tiger (‘Speed Tiger’) and a lion (‘Qiu Qiu’).
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Aditi Rao Hydari to Receive Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for Bhoomi
- Aditi Rao Hydari has been chosen for the one of the biggest award in Indian Film career that is going to receive Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award 2018 for the Best Leading Lady (Critics Award) for her memorable performance in Bhoomi.
- It is real that is, Aditi has been given the many of the praise for the rle in the film Bhoomi by the critics and the audiences.
- The award ceremony is scheduled on April 21, 2018, at St. Andrews Auditorium in Mumbai. Producers, directors, distributors and exhibitors among others from the film fraternity will attend it.