On Ambedkar Jayanti, PM Narendra Modi’s Big Plans For Education, Digital Economy: 10 Points
- In Nagpur this Morning Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s appear for a series of programs to celebrate the birth anniversary of Dalit Icon and Principle architect of the constitution of India.
- “We are unwavering in our efforts towards creating a strong, prosperous and inclusive India of Dr. Ambedkar’s dreams” saying yesterday prime Minister tweeted.
- In Nagpur at nearly 10:45 am he would appear and will be in the city till 2:15 pm. On October 14, 1956 he will first visit Deekshabhoomi – the place where Dr. Ambedkar seize Buddhism with his followers on the occasion of Ashok Vijaya Dashami.
- The visit will end with Prime Minister Modi’s Public address in Nagpur on Dr. BR Ambedkar’s 126th birth anniversary. During the visit of PM Modi Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, Union ministers Nitin Gadkari, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Prakash Javadekar, Piyush Goyal, Ramdas Athawale, Hansraj Ahir and other leaders will be accompany him.
- Ambedkar born – 14 April 1891
- Died – 6 December 1956 (age 65)
AAP loses Rajouri Garden, its candidate’s deposit and some face
- As polling trends clearly pointed to a thumping victory for BJP candidate Manjinder Singh Sirsa, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia appears from his official residence to make a statement.
- Off from the limelight of the April 22 municipal elections, Rajouri Garden is getting ready to hold abypoll to elect its next MLA.
- The BJP-Akali Dal merge has already named former Shiromani Akali Dal legislator MS Sirsa as its join candidate from the west Delhi seat.
- On Tuesday Congress Candidate Meenakshi Chandela, also filed her nomination, is a sitting councilor from Khyala municipal ward and is the daughter-in-law of two-time legislator Dayanand Chandela.
- AAP leader – ArvindKejrival
- Founded – 26 November 2012 (4 years ago)
Mission 2019: Upbeat BJP to discuss strategy in two-day Odisha meet
1. For a party conclave the capital city has never been so decked. Prime Minister Modi dots the Skyline.
2. Modi and Shah have put their eyes on unconquered territories, to win the 2019 Lok Sabha election, Odisha being one of them.
3. Shah wants this growth in popular carry to translate into seats for the BJP in states such as West Bengal, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
4. The petroleum minister Dharmendra Pradhan said that “We want to increase our numbers from these states.” Who carry duty for organizing this mega show.
Lalu Prasad’s children run business chain, says government website
1. RJD chief Lalu Prasad’s family seems to be more of a clan of business barons than politicians.
2. If the website of ministry of corporate affairs, which accommodate information related to registered companies, is anything to go by, Lalu’s two daughters – third daughter Chanda Yadav and fourth Daughter Ragini Yadav are directors in four companies.
3. In Lara Project LLP the Lalu’s wife Rabri Devi and younger son and Deputy CM Tejashwi Prasad Yadav are directors in it.
4. RJD spokesperson Mrityunjay Tiwari, however, said all business deals were done in a clear manner. He added that “Modi wants to create a rift in the grand alliance by leveling false allegations against Lalu ji’s family members and challenging CM Nitish Kumar to take action against them.”
· Born – 11 June 1948 (age 68)
· Political party – Rashtriya Janata Dal
China Warns Against Force As North Korea Prepares Celebration
1. China, North Korea’s sole major ally and benefactor, has called for talks leading to a peaceful resolution and the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.
2. On Thursday China say, Military force cannot resolve tension over North Korea, while an influential Chinese newspaper urged the North to halt its nuclear programed in trading for chinese protection.
3. With a U.S. aircraft carrier group steaming to the area in a show of force and tensions rising, panic of a confrontation have been rising.
4. Trump was considering sanctions that could include an oil embargo, banning North Korea’s airline, intercepting cargo ships, and punishing Chinese banks doing business with it, Said U.S officials.
· Capital of N. Korea – Pyongyang
· Supreme Leader – Kim Jong-un
Japan discusses how to evacuate citizens from S.Korea if crisis hits
1. Japan’s National Security Council discussed how to evacuate its almost 60,000 citizen from South Korea in the event of a crisis, on Friday a government official said, amid rising concern over North Korea’s nuclear weapons programed.
2. On Thursday meeting the NSC, also discussed how to cope with a possible flood of North Korean refugees into Japan, between who might be North Korean spies and agents, Japanese media reported.
3. The United States has warned that its policy of “strategic patience” is over. On Friday a Japanese Chief cabinet secretary Yoshida Suga told in a news conference that the government was always gather and analyzing information about north Korea’s moves but abstain from commenting on details.
4. This week the Japanese ruling party lawmaker and a government source told Reuters that coping with possible North Korean refugees would be among the matters for which Japan had to prepare.
- Capital – Tokyo
- Prime Minister – Shinzo Abe
- Currency – Yen
Turkish President Erdogan to visit India on April 30: NSG, terror on table
1. During his two day visit Erdogan will also meet President Pranab Mukherjee and Vice president Hamid Ansari.
2. DAYS AHEAD of a historic plebiscite in Turkey over presidential powers, the country’s powerful President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has carry his willingness to visit New Delhi on April 30-May 1, top sources have confirmed to The Indian Express.
3. On combating Terrorism India will also make “common cause” with Turkey – a menace faced by both countries.
4. Turkish government said that “We want to impress on New Delhi that Gulenists cannot be treated with kid gloves, and action should be taken against them.”
· Capital – Ankara
· Prime Minister – Binali yildirim
· Currency – Turkish lira
BANKING AND FINANCE
Operation Clean Money 2.0: I-T to probe deposits of Rs 5-10 lakh now
1. Next month the Income Tax depart is likely to launch the second phase of ‘Operation Clean Money’ to close in on unaccounted money making its way into banks but may ignore standalone deposits below Rs 5 lakh for now.
2. In the next 10 days the I-T department will appoint two data analytics firm to analyses the deposits in bank accounts before and after November 8 last year – 86% of the currency in circulation in junk decided by the government.
3. An officials said “Standalone low amount of deposits is not under scrutiny.”
4. The I-T department facing the biggest problem is that a large number of people are not registered on the Income Tax portal.
Infosys Q4 numbers go off track, CEO Vishal Sikka’s pay drops 40%
- Business Standard Infosys Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Vishal Sikka’s annual compensation has dropped by 40 per cent on the back of poor business performance, even as he fight to grow traditional information technology (IT) services revenue and push for large deals.
- Most of the senior executives got only half of their variable pay due to the company bad performance. Average salary hikes for employees would be in Mid-high single digits, Infosys said.
- In 2016-2017 Infosys has grew 7.4% dollar in terms, against its April 2016 growth predict of 11.5-13.5%, it was 9.7% in rupee term.
- Infosys has specify the mix of services offered by the company and other IT services players has changed, with automation and Artificial Intelligence eliminating repeatable works, thereby influence the business model.
- Founder – R. Narayana Murthy
- Nandan Nilekani
- S. Raghavan
- D. Shibulal
- Ashok Arora
- Headquarters – Electronic city, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
PF rate lowered to 8.65%, loyalty benefits added and bonus on retirement
- The 2016-17 provident Fund rate has been reduced to 8.65% from 8.8% in 2015 – 2016.
- Those members whose average basic wages are up to Rs 5,000 will get loyalty-cum-life benefit of Rs 30,000.
- The CBT has recommend amending the Employees a senior official said that‘Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI) to provide for the minimum benefit of Rs 2.5 lakh and loyalty-cum-life benefit of up to Rs 50,000 at a meeting held yesterday.”
- The benefit too will be provided on a pilot basis for two years, after which it willbe explore.
Amazon India sellers cry foul after commissions hiked 50%-to-100%
- In a move that would increase its revenues, online marketplace Amazon India has decided to raise the commission it charges from its sellers for retailing their products to end consumer by between 50% to 100%.
- From May 18 the new commission rate would come into effect.
- Commission on mobile phones and tablets has been increased to 5% from 3.5%. On laptops, the commission has been increased to 5% from 3%. In the case of other electronic items such as scanners and printers, Amazon has raised its commission by 100% — from 4% to 8%.
- Amazon seller service – the market place arm of Amazon India – posted revenue of Rs 2,275 crore in FY16, up 122%. During the period, its losses increased to Rs 3,572 crore against 1,723 crore in FY 15.
- Founded – July 5, 1994; 22 years ago (as cadabra )
- Headquarters – seattle , Washington, U.S.
- Owner – Jeff Bezos
RBI To Monitor Banks Capital, NPAs More Rigorously
- The Reserve Bank of India has made Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) measures more stringent for banks in stress which contain sacking of management and superseding of the board of directors tier 1 capital fall below 3.625%, against the specify 6.75% minimum.
- The bank would become a likely candidate for resolution through tools like amalgamation, reconstruction and winding up in times of critical stress like falling of capital below this most risky doorstep.
- RBI said that “In the case of a default on the part of a bank in meeting the obligations to its depositors, possible resolution processes may be resorted to without reference to the PCA matrix.”
- From April 1 the provisions of the reconsider framework will be effective, based on the fended march 31, 2017. After three years the framework would be reviewed.
- Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Established – 1 April 1935; 82 years ago
- Governor – Urjit Patel
Vinay Shah joins LIC Housing Finance Limited as MD and CEO
- Life Insurance corp. of India has appointed Vinay Shah as the new managing director and chief executive director of its mortgage loan arm and listed entity LIC Housing Finance, after government elevates Sunita Sharma to managing director of LIC earlier this week.
- Since 1983 the Shah has been with LIC. Prior to this assignment, he was an executive director marketing. In April 2015 he took over the business as ED. In the last two years he looked after areas of new product launches. He was Zonal management western zone.
- On the Bombay stock Exchange, the share price was up 0.38% to Rs 632.
- Founded – 19 june 1989
- Founder – Life Insurance Corporation of India
- Area served – India
Mahabaleshwara MS appointed as new MD and CEO of Karnataka Bank
- Karnataka Bank Ltd. Has announced top-level management changes with the present Managing Director and Chief executive officer of the bank, p jayarama Bhat, assuming the charge of part-time non-executive Chairman of the bank on Wednesday.
- On april 15 it is assume , the chief general manager of the bank Mahabaleshwar MS appointed as MD and CEO of the bank.
- On july 14 2009, Jayaram Bhat had taken the reign of the bank as MD and CEO.
- He was spotted early and being groomed for the top post over the period, said Bhat.
- Founded – 1924; 93 years ago at Mangaluru
- Headquarters – Mangaluru, Karnataka
Justice Gita Mittal set to take over as acting Chief Justice of Delhi HC
- On April 14, the Justice Mittal will assume impose of the Delhi High Court with effect, a day after current Chief Justice G rohini retires.
- In 1981, Mittal J.graduated from campus Law centre . In 2004 she was appointed as additional judge of the Delhi High Court and was made permanent in 2006.
- She was mired in dispute when TOI published an article criticizing her productivity as a judge, in last year.
- The bar stood beside her and forced the publication to issue an apology for the article, which had “false and misleading” pleased.
- Delhi High Established – 1966
- Authorized by – Constitution of India
- Chief justice currently – G. rohini
Federal Bank plans to sell 26% stake in its non-banking arm
- Federal Bank is Planning to sell up to 26% stake in its non-banking finance unit, Fedbankfinancial services, to private justice firms to increase Rs 400-500 crore, two people with direct knowledge of the matter said.
- The kerala based private sector bank confirmed plans to increase funds for the unit, but they didn’t tell the details.
- The knowledge of the matter said the lender, which has mandated investment banker ICICI securities to accomplish the plan, will use the money to grow and expand the unit’s business.
- In the annual report in FY16, the NBFC said that the company remains robustly confident that these growth rates will continue at a compounded rate.
- Founded – 1931
- Headquarters – Federal Towers, Aluva, Kochi – 683 101, kerala
- Founder – Travancore Federal Bank: Oommen Geevarghese
Federal Bank : K.P Hormis
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Biggest asteroid in 13 years is going to fly past Earth next Wednesday
- Next Wednesday, our planet’s going to get a close shave from an alarmingly large hunk of space rock – as the biggest asteroid in 13 years sails past.
- The asteroid known as 2014 JO25, would sail safety past 1.1 million miles away, but “this will be a very close approach for an asteroid of this size” said NASA.
- There not a single chance that asteroid will hit the earth, and is roughly 2,000 feet wide. It was discovered in May 2014 by astronomers at the Catalina Sky Survey near Tucson, Arizona.
- The next known encounter of an asteroid of comparable size It was discovered in May 2014 by astronomers at the Catalina Sky Survey near Tucson, Arizona.
- Formed – July 29, 1958; 58 years ago
- Headquarters – Washington, D.C.
Deep-Sea Life on Earth Gives Us a Clue To What Aliens Would Be Like
- As the spacecraft Cassini flew past Saturn’s icy moon Escalades, the orbiter detected molecular hydrogen, a finding announced on Thursday.
- It’s a nifty discovery, hinting that heated vents beneath Enceladus’s oceans may have the right conditions for life.
- A small group of geologist had proceed 400 miles off the coast of Ecuador to scour the depth of the pacific ocean, searching for piping hot deep sea vents.
- Mining companies also set their eyes on the metal-rich areas around the hydrothermal vents. Van Dover said that “to mine in International waters no corporation has permission yet.” But Nautilus Minerals, a canadian mining company, has embarked on a project called Solwara 1 to extract copper and gold off papua New Guinea, a mile below the surface.
Veteran Malayalam actor Munshi Venu passes away
- Munshi’s Venu, who knows for playing supporting roles In Malyalam films, at a palliative care centre at Chalakudy, Thrissur has passed away.
- According to the report, the actor has suffered a Kidney failure today. He was 63 year old.
- The last year the actor was diagnosed by kidney-related ailments, since then he had been undergoing dialysis. For the last 10 years he was living in a lodge and he didn’t own house, according to the report.
- Making his acting debut with Kamal’s comedy drama Pachakuthira, Munshi venu will be remembered for his comical characters. Almost 75 malayalam film Venu was acted.
- Malayalam cinemaalso known as Mollywood.
- Malayalam Cinema is the Indian film industry based in the southern state of Kerala, dedicated to the production of motion pictures in the Malayalam
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Salman Khan releases Asha Parekh’s autobiography ‘The Hit Girl’
- The book has been co-authored by film critic and author Khalid Mohamed.
- On Monday April 10, in a star studded event in Mumbai, the Bollywood actor Salman Khan launched the Biography of yesteryears actress Asha Parekh’s autobiography name ‘The Hit Girl’, for which Salman has returned a forewords as well.
- The actress who ruled the heart of peoples in 1960s and 1970s, the book authored by celebrated film critic and author Khalid Mohamed, and the book covers the life and times of actress.
- By saying “Book Leke Dekho” Parekh ended the event, it was a reference to her debut film “Dil Deke Dekho.” Her last film was onscreen appearance being Aziz Sejawal’s 1995 film Andolan. She had done nearly 90 films in her life. She is also a former chief of the central Board of Film Certification and is currently involved managing her dance academy name Kara Bhavan and the Asha Parekh Hospital in Mumbai.
- Bollywood is a nickname for India’s Hindi language film industry, based in the city of Mumbai.
- It is formally referred to Hindi Cinema.
Dalai Lama releases book ‘Ocean and Blue Mountains’
- The Dalai Lama, who is a Tibetan Spiritual leader today, wrapped up his four-day visit to Twang by giving a talk on “Secular Ethics and Happiness.
- Beside Dalai Lama, the Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema khandu was sited, and then the Dalai Lama told to the audience at Kalawangpo Hall that secular ethics was the only way to bring lasting peace and happiness in the world.
- The exiled Tibetan leader also emphasized that non-religious ethics mustbe attain through education and not just prayers or faith.
- He distributed one lakh saplings to be planted in and around almost Tawang. On his way to the Kalawangpo hall, his holiness create the statue of Lord Buddha at the heart of Tawang Township.
- The Dalai Lama is monk of the Gelug or “yellow Hat” school of Tibetan Buddhism.
- The Dalai Lama was always been an important figure of the Gelug tradition.
Singapore Open: PV Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth overcome poor starts to reach quarter-finals
- It is after a considerable lapse of time that India has been able to place four representatives in the quarter-finals of an international badminton tournament with the stature of a Super Series event.
- Two men’s singles players, Kidambi Srikanth and B Sai Praneeth, a women’s singles exponent, PV Sindhu, and a mixed doubles combination, Sumeeth Reddy and Ashwini Ponnappa, have taken their places in last-eight berths at the $350,000 Singapore Open, and will vie on Friday to reach the semi-finals.
- All of them including Sindhu, the only seeded player of the lot, flirted with risk and potential elimination, before coming through their second round matches.
- The two have never ever meet before, but they do have one statistic same, both have lowered the colors of Lin Dan, probably the greatest player in the history of the game.
Afghanistan cricketer Mohammad Shahzad suspended after failing dope test
- The IIC said on Thursday that the big hitting batsmen Mohammed Shahzad of Afghanistan’s has tested positive for the banned substance Clenbuterol and will be suspended.
- The key player of Afghanistan in the team charged forward potential Test match status, returned a positive test in an out-of-competition test conducted on January 17 at the ICC academy in Dubai.
- The governing body in Dubai said in a statement that “The ICC today announced that Afghanistan’s wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Shahzad has been charged with an anti-doping rule violation under the ICC Anti-Doping Code.”
- The statement added that “The matter will now be dealt with in accordance with the process set down in the code, and until such time as the process is resolved, the ICC will make no further comment on this matter.”
Rattled Borussia Dortmund seek solace after attack
1. Borussia Dortmund felt the psychological effects, losing 3-2 to Monaco after their quarter-final first leg was pushed back to Wednesday.
- After their team coach was rocked by three explosions on the way to signal Iduna park ahead of their Champions League tie against Monaco by these the player and staff were badly shaken.
- The attack time to recover,tuchel is sure to rotate his fourth-placed squad which is try to help those worst affected.
4. Tuchel admitted that “We must find a way of overcoming that. But we still don’t know how that’s going to happen.”