India and Nepal Agree to Strengthen Bilateral Relations in Key Areas
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Nepalese counterpart K P Sharma Oli on 7th of April has did the extensive deliberations covering entire expanse of bilateral relationship and has keep the signs the bilateral signs in term of the key areas of defence and security, connectivity and trade.
- Just after the meeting that has held in the meeting, Modi said that India has been start its support Nepal as per that country’s priorities, adding both sides have agreed to expedite all connectivity projects.
- The Prime Minister said the tie up between the two countries would enhance Nepal’s democracy. Modi also said the two countries agreed on laying a new railway line to link Kathmandu with India.
Tripura CM Launches State Component of PMKVY
- In term of the getting the reign of the win and the with the pride, Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb has launched the State Component of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 2.0 under Directorate of Skill Development.
- CM Biplab Kumar Deb also inaugurated “Universal Health Coverage: Everyone, Everywhere.” “We will strengthen all our health facilities especially District Hospitals. There is no financial constraint, Govt of India has assured full support under National Health Mission,” CM Deb said on the occasion of World Health Day.
- At the time of the launch, he has shown his happiness, the CM assured that the target to train more than 1, 16,000 youths by 2020 will be achieved. “The problem of unemployment prevailing in the state will thus be solved,” he said.
President 3-Nation Visit: India and Equatorial Guinea Sign 4 Agreements
- India and Zambia on Wednesday has signed the four agreements after the delegation-level talks held in the capital city of Lusaka.
- The four agreements has been signed in term to finish the double taxation; visa exemption on diplomatic and official passports; judicial cooperation, which seeks collaboration in training and expedition of judicial matters affecting the two countries and their citizens; and for the establishment of an Entrepreneurship Development Institute in Zambia.
- President Ram Nath Kovind, and with the First Lady Savita Kovind, on Tuesday reached Lusaka as part of his three-nation Africa tour. The President has also given the ceremonial reception.
- President Kovind is on a three-nation state visit to the African countries – Equatorial Guinea, Swaziland and Zambia – from April 7 to 12.
Nitin Gadkari on 4-Day Visit to South Korea
- Invites Korean business to collaborate in the Highways, Shipping and River Development sectors in India Also meets the Korean Minister for Land and Infrastructure An India – Korea Memorandum of Cooperation in the infra sector expected soon
- On the fourth day of his, visit to the Republic of Korea, Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Shipping, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkariaddressed the delegates of the Korea-India Infrastructure Cooperation Forum in Seoul today. Leading members from the infrastructure business of both countries participated and exchanged views on the potential for doing business for mutual benefit.
- Speaking on the occasion Shri Gadkarisaid that India has plans to construct 12 expressways with an investment of over Rs 1 lakh crore. This, he said, would presents huge opportunities for Korean businesses. Similarly developing the national waterways for commercial navigation in India, and the plans to develop shipbuilding, fisheries and the port sector will also create investment opportunities, he said. Shri Gadkari also conveyed the Indian Government’s commitment for facilitating all foreign businesses who wished to invest in India.
- Shri Gadkari earlier met the leading members of the Korean Financial Sector to explore ways of greater RoK involvement in financing interlinking of rivers, highway construction, developing logistics parks and shipbuilding activity in India. An important part of the cooperation would be to enhance training and discussion among experts from both sides. Indian highway engineers and shipbuilding engineers can be trained at specialised training institutions of Republic of Korea to expose them to the systems in place there. Korean companies expressed keenness to work on the Nagpur Mumbai expressway project.
BANKING AND FINANCE
FPI Investment Limit in Government Securities Hiked
- In term to give the boost up of the Indian capital markets, regulator Sebi has set the complement of the investment limit for foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) in central government securities and corporate bonds in two tranches.
- “Limit for FPIs in central government securities shall be enhanced to Rs 2,07,300 crore on April 12 and Rs 2,23,300 crore on October 1, respectively,” the regulator said in a circular.
- “The sub-limit for investment by long term FPIs in the infrastructure sector shall be done away with and the existing investment and free limits shall be merged into the corporate debt investment limits.
- “Further, all the existing sub-categories under the category of corporate bonds will be discontinued and there would be a single limit for FPI investment in all types of corporate bonds,” Sebi noted.
Jitu Rai and Mehuli Ghosh Breaks CWG Record
- Indian shooter Jitu Rai, who has get won the Gold in the men’s 10m Air Pistol in some style, said he had “unflinching belief” in his ability to perform well in the finals. Rai finished fourth in the qualifying round, and get rolled out the Om Mitharval who broke the qualification games record.
- “Frankly speaking, my qualification score was not very good, but I had 100 percent faith in my ability that I can do it, because I have done well in the finals and won many medals in the past. My belief was unflinching,” the unassuming Rai said.
- “Two-three low scores pulled me down but then my belief helped me. That makes me happy. Therefore, I was confident of covering it in the finals and I never back off. So again, I am reaping the rewards of all the hard word work I have put in during training,” he said.
- When asked about her premature celebration, Ghosh said, “It was my mistake. I was so focused on the game I didn’t notice it was only a shoot-off.”
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Hungary’s strongman Viktor Orban wins third term in power
- Prime Minister Viktor Orban has won the third straight term in power in Sunday elections that is just after the anti-immigration campaign message that is to give the security his power in the parliament, given the permission for his two-thirds of seats based on preliminary results.
- “We have won, Hungary has won a great victory,” a jubilant Orban told a large crowd of cheering supporters near the Danube River in Budapest.
- “There is a big battle behind us; we have won a crucial victory, giving yourself a chance to defend Hungary.”
- “Great and clear victory for Viktor Orban in Hungary: reversal of values and mass immigration as promoted by the EU are rejected again. Nationalists could win a majority in Europe at the next European elections in 2019,” Le Pen tweeted.