Mahila Shakti Kendra scheme to empower rural women through community participation
- Government of India has approved Mahila Shakti Kendra scheme for the period 2017-18 upto 2019-20 to empower rural women through community participation. Community engagement through College Student Volunteers is envisioned in 115 most backward districts as part of the Block Level initiatives and during FY 2017-18, 50 most backward districts to be covered.
- Annual budget for block level activities is Rs 35.36 lakh per block. New District Level Centres for Women have also been envisaged for 640 districts to be covered in a phased manner (220 districts during FY 2017-18, 220 more in 2018-19 and remaining 200 in 2019-20).
- These centres will serve as a link between village, block and state levels in facilitating women centric schemes and also give foothold to BBBP at the district level. The annual budget for each District Level Centre for Women is Rs 12.30 lakh.
- Minister of State gave this information for Women and Child Development, Dr.Virendra Kumar in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha.
All India Police Science Congress kicks off in Himachal
- The two-day 46th All India Police Science Congress that has organised by the Himachal Pradesh Police Department and The Bureau of Police Research and Development has started in Himanchal Pradesh from Saturday clarion call to the police by Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur who has the working to catch the criminal using technology to prevent and detect crime.
- “Technology is a double-edged weapon, accessible to both the police and the criminals and as such, it is imperative that the investigating agencies must beat the criminals and draw up proper and effective strategy to maintain law and order and ensuring safety of citizens, especially the women,” Thakur said.
- He said to the police in term of the draw of the features of the circumspection to frustrate the designs of criminals by optimal use of technology and social media, he has also said that the importance of social media is very easy to use and this should be used like the connection of the bridge between the police and the people.
1st Print Biennale India – 2018 exhibition begins in New Delhi
- Of all the art meets at the international level, the Venice Bienalle held in Venice, the city of gondolas, is by far the best rated among all. For India, the Venice Bienalle this year is an important event as it marks India’s curated national entry onto this prestigious platform of art.
- Established since 1895, this year marks the 54th session of the Venice Biennale. Ranked as the oldest and best-known platforms of international art, it has now expanded to 128 participants with this year’s showing, with India being given due pride of place.
- While earlier sessions of this, Bienalle has shown the works of Indian artists, this is the first occasion where India is being represented at a national level and befittingly, it is the Lalit Kala Akademi, the country’s National Academy of Art, which will be the organising body for the exhibition. According to Shri Ashok Vajpeyi, Chairman, Lalit Kala Akademi, ‘The Venice Bienalle is a historic occasion for India as she will be participating in it for the first time. It is also getting Indian contemporary art a place on the international scene at a time when India is in focus on the international art scene.’
- A debut showing of this calibre at Venice has put into gear a set of norms would mark a linkage between contemporary Indian art and the current global art scene.
Maharashtra bans plastic bags, becomes 18th state to do so
- The Maharashtra government has did the fully ban on the plastic carry bags and thermocol cutlery, by this it has become the 18th state of the country to impose such ban.
- State’s Environment Minister Ramdas Kadam on Saturday said, by the use of plastic there is spread of many of the problems and diseases, because of this reason the government has taken this decision.
- In term of anyone caught using this, the manufacturers and users will have to pay fine of Rs. 5,000.
- “Maharashtra produces 1,100 tonnes of waste every day. Today, there is tonnes of waste in the state. This is a major cause behind diseases, sometimes life threatening diseases. Plastic is banned in 17 states across India, we are the 18th state,” Kadam told ANI.
BANKING AND FINANCE
Navy decommissioned 3 minesweepers
- Indian Navy’s minesweepers ‘Konkan’, ‘Cannanore’ and ‘Cuddalore’ has been opened in the event at dockyard here.
- Chief of Staff, Eastern Naval Command, Vice Admiral M S Pawar has been invited as the chief guest for the ceremony held on Saturday at the Naval Dockyard.
- The Commanding Officers of the ‘retiring’ INS Cannanore, INS Cuddalore and INS Konkan – Rear Admiral Ravi Gaikawad, Rear Admiral P K Nair and Commodore Mohandas respectively has been invited as the guests of honour.
- The minesweepers ‘retired’ as operational ships after three decades of service in the Indian Navy, a navy release said.
Equitas Bank ties up with CSK, launches Yellow Army Savings Account
- In the term of the famous account with the Indian Premium League (IPL) franchise Chennai Super Kings (CSK), the Chennai-based Equitas Small Finance Bank (SFB), on Thursday, has started the ‘Yellow Army Savings Account’.
- “We have designed savings account to give great thrill to all CSK fans and enhance cricket fever,” said Sanjeev Srivastava, president and country head (branch banking, liabilities, products and wealth management), Equitas Small Finance Bank. “While CSK stands for super fun, Equitas stands for fun banking.”
- The IPL franchisee has been going to get the return just after the two-year suspension. Equitas has been in business since September in the year 2016. The 11th edition of IPL starts on April 7.
Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel wins season’s first Grand Prix
- Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel has catches in the Australian Grand Prix that was held on Sunday, holding off his hard-charging Mercedes rival Lewis Hamilton has come in the one of the new Formula One season.
- This was one of the 100th podium of Vettel’s career and it has arrive at the 200th Formula One race. The German has been ranked at the 100 podium finishes, joining Hamilton, Michael Schumacher and Alain Prost.