Delhi: DMRC to launch Heritage Line on Sunday
- The ITO-Kashmere Gate ‘Heritage Line’ of Delhi Metro with the three metro lines will be thrown open on Sunday it is said by the railway safety commissioner in the report by the decks for its long- awaited commercial launch, DMRC announced on Friday.
- DMRC spokesperson Anuj Dayal said, “Primary focus of construction of this line was to connect all major heritage buildings in Old Delhi locality. Also, the 5.17km-long stretch will connect Kashmere Gate to ITO and eventually to Faridabad. Not only the heritage buildings, but also the busy Kashmere Gate Metro Station was a challenge for us. We had to make tunnels without disturbing the historical monuments and also the commuters of busy Red and Yellow lines that cross Kashmere Gate”.
- This line of the metro will get opened by Union Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on the same day with the two hours before the beginning of its commercial operation, the transporter told in a report. By the postpons of the lines, this development get missed the deadline of the creation, and was expected to be open to the public last year.
- After this the metro station Kashmere Gate will become the first intersection of three metro lines in Delhi after its launched, with passengers coming from Samaipur Badli-HUDA City Centre route, Rithala-Dilshad Garden route and Faridabad Line.
- Full form of DMCR- Delhi Metro Railway Carporation
- Delhi Chief Minister- Arvind Kejriwal
- Union Minister- M. Venkaiah
Tamil Nadu: EPS government marks 100 days in office with ad blitz
- Many people have think that the CM Palaniswami would never last in office for 100 days, but he’s proved all of them wrong. Edappadi K. Palaniswami with his government have completed his 100 days in office and he fought and faced the barrage of criticism about a lack of governance, his dedication along all of this was published on the news paper of the state on the Friday with a whole list of the schemes introduced and the money allotted for welfare schemes and development.
- AIADMK Amma’s Apsara Reddy said, “EPS is clearly carrying forward Amma’s legacy by doing all that she promised to the people. The CM has been working for the last many months for the welfare of women, farmers and the entire state”.
- DMK’s Saravanan said, “Nothing has been done for the state and EPS clearly isn’t competent to run a state, only to loot it. The ministers should step down and there should be a fresh cabinet”.
- The work done by the CM Palaniswami: Funds for pregnant women increased from Rs 12,000 to Rs 18,000, Project to build 5000 homes for fishermen approved, 54,821 unemployed youth benefit from grants given by govt this amount has been doubled, 1964 legislations signed by CM
- Full form of AIADMK- All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam
- Chief Minister of TamilNadu- Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Capital- Chennai
Iran builds third ballistic missile factory after Trump calls it a sponsor of militant groups
1. The amazing and the shocking news is came from the semi-official Fars news agency who reported that the senior commander of the elite Revolutionary Guard.
2. When President Donald Trump, on his first foreign trip then the development is likely to fuel tensions with the United States in a week, has called Iran a sponsor of militant groups and a threat to countries across the Middle East.
3. Amirali Hajizadeh, head of the Guard’s airspace division said, “Iran’s third underground factory has been built by the Guards in recent years … We will continue to further develop our missile capabilities forcefully. It is natural that our enemies America and the Zionist regime (Israel) are angry with our missile program because they want Iran to be in a weak position. Along with improving our defense capabilities, we will continue our missile tests and missile production. The next missile to be produced is a surface-to-surface missile”.
4. Trump has also announced as too soft a landmark 2015 deal with Tehran that saw the Islamic Republic scale back its nuclear program in return for the lifting of sanctions.
1. Capital of Iran- Tehran
2. Supreme leader: Ali Khamenei
3. President: Hassan Rouhani
4. Currency: Iranian rial
5. Official language: Persian
Kim Jong-Un’s Rocket Stars: The Trio behind North Korea’s Missile Programme
1. North Korean launches the missile and after successful missile launches, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un seen in the huge smiles and hugs with the same three men and shares a celebratory smoke with them.
2. An Chan-il, a former North Korean military officer who has defected to the South and runs a think tank in Seoul said, “Rather than going through bureaucrats, Kim Jong Un is keeping these technocrats right by his side, so that he can contact them directly and urge them to move fast. It reflects his urgency about missile development”.
3. With their ruling Workers’ Party, military and scientific credentials, the trio are indispensable to North Korea’s rapidly developing weapons programmes and besides this the isolated nation has conducted two nuclear tests and dozens of missile launches since the beginning of last year, all in violation of United Nations resolutions.
4. The three,workers have shown with the North Korean dictator in pictures and TV footage, are said to be that are the Kim’s favourites due to the fact they behave in a much more relaxed fashion in his presence compared to other senior Pyongyang figures.
1. Capital of North Korea- Pyongyang
2. Supreme leader: Kim Jong-un
3. Premier: Pak Pong-ju
4. Government: Juche, Totalitarianism, Republic, Unitary state, Socialist state, One-party state
BANKING & FINANCE
HDFC among top 10 consumer financial services companies globally
1. Mortgage lender HDFC LtdBSE 0.53 % is the only one of the Indian company to be named among the top 10 consumer financial services companies in the world, it is said by the American Express claiming the first position this on Friday. With profits of $1.6 billion and sales of $8.1 billion same as last year the HDFC was ranked seventh on the Forbes Global List 2017 in the consumer financial services sector, same as last year.
2. The company HDFC has been featured in the coveted list for the third consecutive year. American Express topped the list, and it is daid by followed by Capital One Financial and Visa in the second and third place, respectively.
3. From all over the world the 58 Indian companies appeared in the overall Forbes Global 2000 list. This comprehensive ranking of the world’s biggest and world’s most powerful and valuable publicly listed companies is based on a mix of four metrics which are- sales, profits, assets and market value. Forbes gave an equal weighting of all four metrics to rank companies according to size.
1. Full form of HDFC- Housing Development Finance Corporation
2. CEO: Aditya Puri (Sep 1994–)
3. Headquarters: Mumbai, India
4. Founded: August 1994, India
SBI extends date of filing nomination for directors to May 29
1. Country’s largest lender bank SBI today extended the last date for submission of the nomination for appointment of four independent directors to its central board and it extends to May 29.
2. As per the statement given in privious that the last date for the submission of application was today. The term of appointment for the four new directors that will be for three years till 2020.
3. SBI said in a public notice, “The last date advised in the said (last) notice for submission of the nomination form and the format of declaration and undertaking is extended to May 29 by 3 pm as against May 24, 2017, by 5 pm notified earlier”.
4. The election has been conducted in the term of after the resignation of Sunil Mehta and the expiry of the three-year-term of the three other directors are: Deepak Amin, Sanjiv Malhotra and MD Mallya, the bank had said in the previous notice.
1. SBI- State Bank of India
2. Chairperson: Arundhati Bhattacharya
3. Headquarters: Mumbai, India
4. Founded: July 1, 1955
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Simpson, Martin win top band awards
1. At this year’s Jazz Band spring concert on May 16, Bolivar High School senior Alex Simpson, has received the band’s highest honor, the John Philip Sousa Award, from BHS band directors Steve McClard and John Trew.
2. Simpson is the son of Morgan and Lorie Simpson. For four years of high school and three years in middle school as a member of the band, Simpson participated in many music activities, as well as filling the duties of drum major in the Liberator Pride Marching Band for two years.
3. The John Philip Sousa Award is an award given to one high school student in the band program. The award recognizes superior musicianship, dependability, loyalty and cooperation.
1. The John Philip Sousa Award is an award given to one high school student in the band program
Science and Technology
Scientists develop new coating that may turn your clothes into portable chargers
1. Scientists on the College of Massachusetts Amherst affiliated by the US have invented a strategy to apply breathable, pliable, metal-free electrodes for the cloth and off-the-shelf clothes so its looks amazing to be come in the contact and in addition transports sufficient electrical energy to energy small electronics.
2. Trisha Andrew from University of Massachusetts Amherst said, “Such conducting textiles can be built up into sophisticated electronics. One such application is to harvest body motion energy and convert it into electricity in such a way that every time you move, it generates power. By sandwiching layers of differently materials between two conducting electrodes, a few micro-watts of power can be generated when we move”.
3. The thickest covering which will be on the cloth that is around 500 nanometers or around 1/10 the thickness across of a human hair, which holds a texture’s hand feel. The scientists experimented on the electrical conductivity, texture solidness, compound and mechanical strength of PEDOT movies and material parameter consequences for conductivity for 14 textures, incorporating five cottons with various weaves, cloth and silk from a specialty store.
1. Motto -“By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty”
2. Established in- April 29, 1863
3. Chancellor- Kumble Subbaswamy
NASA moves up launch of ASU-led Psyche Mission to a metal asteroid
1. Jim Green, director of the Planetary Science Division at NASA Headquarters in Washington said, “We challenged the mission design team to explore if an earlier launch date could provide a more efficient trajectory to the asteroid Psyche, and they came through in a big way. This will enable us to fulfill our science objectives sooner and at a reduced cost.”
2. Principal Investigator Lindy Elkins-Tanton of Arizona State University in Tempe said, “The biggest advantage is the excellent trajectory, which gets us there about twice as fast and is more cost effective. We are all extremely excited that NASA was able to accommodate this earlier launch date. The world will see this amazing metal world so much sooner.”
3. Psyche Project Manager Henry Stone at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California said, “The change in plans is a great boost for the team and the mission. Our mission design team did a fantastic job coming up with this ideal launch opportunity.”
4. SSL Psyche Program Manager Steve Scott said, “By increasing the size of the solar arrays, the spacecraft will have the power it needs to support the higher velocity requirements of the updated mission”.
1. Full form of NASA- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
2. Formed-July 29, 1958
3. Jurisdiction- United States government
4. Agency executives- Robert M. Lightfoot, Jr., Administrator Lesa Roe, Deputy Administrator
County Championship 2017: Kumar Sangakkara becomes 1st player ever to score 5 100s in a row
1. In the last four games for Surrey, Kumar Sangakkara has scored 136, 105,114 and not our scored 116.
2. Playing the final of Surrey, First-Class season in the County Championship 2017 with Surrey, Sri Lankan cricket legend Kumar Sangakkara has set a new record for the unbeatable scored. He has become the first cricketer for Surrey to beat the 5 consecutive centuries in county championship.
3. Sangakkara was quoted saying by BBC, “You try to fight the inevitable but you need to get out while you’re ahead. It’s the last time I’ll play a four-day game here. I’ll be 40 in a few months; this is about the end of my time in county cricket. It’s the last time I’ll play a four-day game here. I will be 40 in a few months; this is about the end of my time in county cricket. The biggest mistake that sometimes you can make is that you think you’re better than you really are,”
1. Surrey is a county in the south east of England
2. Sangakkara – Shrilankan player
Junior National (under 16) Tennis Tournament: Pune’s Salsa, Gujarat’s Kevin enter finals
1. Top-seeded the girl of Pune, Salsa Aher has registered a score of 6-3, 6-4 win after this on the sixth seed Prerna Vichare to set up a final clash against second-seeded Tanisha Kashyap of Assam, who stopped the winning run of Telangana’s Sunskrithi Dhamera, winning 6-2, 6-0 in the other Girls’ singles semifinal on Friday in the MSLTA-Yonex in an Under-16 , Sunrise 11th Ramesh Desai Memorial Junior National Tennis Tournament.
2. In the match of Boy’s singles semifinals, on the sixth-seeded Kevin Patel of Gujarat purebred a 6-4, 6-1 win over Aman Khan of Andhra Pradesh to make it to a final. Aman khan is now take the ninth-seeded VM Sandeep of Tamil Nadu, who came behind from a jaws of better to pierce past third-seeded Dev Javia of Gujarat 4-6, 7-6 (5), 6-4 in a 2 hour 53 notation thriller.
3. Tanisha Kashyap the much adult team girl with Maharashtra’s Prerna Vichare to lift a girls’ doubles title. In a final, a tip seeded span of Kashyap and Vichare outplayed Gauri Bhagia and Malvika Shukla 6-3, 6-3.
1. First played on- Between 1859 and 1865, Birmingham, England
2. The International Tennis Federation (ITF) conducts a junior tour
Zbigniew Brzezinski, National Security Adviser to Jimmy Carter, Dies at 89
1. Zbigniew Brzezinski, the hawkish strategic theorist who was the national security adviser to President Jimmy Carter in the years of the Iran hostage crisis and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in the late 1970s, has died on Friday at a hospital in Virginia at the age of 89.
2. President Jimmy Carter said in a statement, “Rosalynn and I are saddened by the death of Zbigniew Brzezinski. He was an important part of our lives for more than four decades and was a superb public servant. I liked him immediately, and we developed an excellent personal relationship. He was inquisitive, innovative, and a natural choice as my national security advisor when I became president”.
3. In December 1976, President Jimmy Carter has offered Brzezinski the position of national security adviser. He had not wanted to be secretary of state because he was feeling that he could be more effective working at Carter’s side in the White House.
1. James Earl Carter Jr. is an American politician who served as the 39th President of the United States from 1977 to 1981.
2. A member of the Democratic Party
3. He served as the Governor of Georgia prior to his election as president
World Digestive Health Day- May 29
- The World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO) is celebrated on every year on 29th May, in collaboration with the WGO Foundation, celebrates World Digestive Health Day (WDHD) and initiates a yearlong, worldwide, public health campaign through more than 100 WGO Member Societies which reach over 50,000 individuals worldwide, WGO Training Centers, Regional Affiliate Associations and other WGO global partners.
- Every year it focuses upon a particular digestive disorder in order to increase general public awareness of prevention, prevalence, diagnosis, management and treatment.
- Due to the amazing initiative of the WGO Secretary General, Professor Henry Cohen, World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO) on May 29th, it was started in 1958. From now on, the date of May 29th will be known as the “World Digestive Health Day.”
- First celebrated on- 29th may 1958