Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao calls Telangana Rashtra Samiti meet on May 27
- In Telangana in 2019 after a day the BJP president Amit Shah spoke of the BJP coming to power, on Tuesday the ruling Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) called a meeting of legislature party and the parliamentary party on May 27.
- The chair of the meeting at TRS headquarters in Hyderabad the TRS president and Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, who has asked all party MPs and MLAs to attend without fail. On Monday on the first day of his three-day trip to Telangana, Shah had accused the Telangana government of welfare measures and not implementing schemes of the Narendra Modi government.
- Shah had asked BJP leaders to start preparing the groundwork by choosing the Congress bastion of Nalgonda to kickstart the BJP’s programmes for the 2019 elections to strengthening the party at the booth level from Nalgonda and take it to other districts.
- The official person of party said, “This will be an important meeting. The CM has requested all party MPs, MLAs and MLCs to attend without fail”. On June 1 the Telangana Congress has decided to invite party’s vice-president Rahul Gandhi to the state to boost the morale of their workers and leaders.
- Full form of TRS- Telangana Rashtra Samiti
- Headquarter of TRS- Hyderabad
- Telangana founded on June 2, 2014
- Capital Telangana- Hyderabad
- Chief Minister of Telangana- K. Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor of Telangana- Narasimhan
Vadodara bank eyes Guinness record
- After the November 8 demonetization for opening a maximum number of accounts in the country the Baroda Central Co-Operative Bank is eyeing Guinness world record.
- The chairman of bank, Atul Patel, who is also a BJP leader, has said the bank has opened 1.2 lakh accounts since November 8.
- Chairman of bank, Atul Patel said, “Since November 8, we began a drive to open accounts, especially for milk cooperatives in and around Vadodara and parts of Narmada”.
- Chairman of Vadodara bank- Atul Patel
- Founded- 20 July 1908
- Founder – Maharaja H. H. Sir Sayajirao Gaekwad III
- Headquarters- Vadodara India
- Revenue- Increase ₹44,061.27 crore
The Dalai Lama is chief guest at a very special Express Adda today
- After escaping from Tibet, on March 31, 1959 the 14th Dalai Lama stepped on Indian soil for the first time. He visited Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh last month, the world watched, through which in his own words he had made that historic journey to become, India’s “longest-standing guest”.
- On Wednesday, who is globally revered as a messenger of peace, the spiritual leader of the Tibetans will be the guest at the Express Adda in New Delhi. Organised by The Indian Express Group and features those at the centre of change Express Adda is a series of informal interactions.
- Belonged to a family of farmers who grew barley born on July 6, 1935, at the village of Taktser in Tibet’s Amdo province, Lhamo Thondup, as the Dalai Lama was then called, buckwheat and potatoes. For millions of Tibetans across the world today, he is a “living God”.
- For his non-violent struggle for the liberation of Tibet from China in 1989, the Dalai Lama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, which described him as a “dangerous separatist”.
- Dalai Lama is also called as Living GOD
- Tibet- Region in China
- Currency- Renminbi
- Capital- Lhasa
- PM of Tibet- Lobsang Sangay
- Governer of Tibet- Padma Choling
Presidential election 2017: Gopalkrishna Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson, leads race for Opposition pick
- For the upcoming Presidential poll, Gopalkrishna Gandhi the grandson of Mahatma Gandhi is leading the race for the Opposition’s candidate, today congress source have told to media.
- In the opposition camp leaders from across party lines have zeroed in on few names in which former diplomat and governor as a Presidential poll candidate Gopalkrishna Gandhi has emerged as the top pick of the Opposition.
- Other names include JDU leader Sharad Yadav and former Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar. In the race of the poll NCP chief Sharad Pawar was a candidate, but he declined Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s offer to be the Opposition’s candidate last week. The name of President Pranab Mukherjee Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had proposed.
- On June 3 on the name of the Presidential poll candidate the final approval stamp will be put during an all party meet of the Opposition in Chennai. At this party in the meeting the andendees are some person like include Rahul Gandhi, Mamta Banarjee, Nitish Kumar, Sharad Pawar, Sitaram Yechury and D Raja among others.
- Full form of NCP- Nationalist Congress Party
- Gopalkrishna Devdas Gandhi- IAS and diplomat,
- Gopalkrishna Devdas Gandhi was the 22nd Governor of West Bengal from 2004 to 2009
Rodrigo Duterte declares martial rule in besieged south Philippines
- On Wednesday to deal with a crisis at home sparked by a Muslim extremist siege on a city Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte warned that he’ll be harsh in enforcing martial law in his country’s south as he abruptly left Moscow, where militants burned buildings overnight and are feared to have taken hostages.
- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said, “I said I would be harsh and I warned everybody not to force my hand into it. I have to do it to preserve the republic.”
- Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana said, “The whole of Marawi city is blacked out, there is no light, and there are Maute snipers all around”.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin said, “Of course, our country needs modern weapons, we had orders in the United States, but now the situation there is not very smooth and in order to fight the Islamic State, with their units and factions, we need modern weapons,”
- President of Philippine – Rodrigo Duterte
- Defense Secretary of Philippine- Delfin Lorenzana
- President of Russia- Vladimir Putin
- Capital Philippine- Manila
- Currency Philippine – Philippine peso
- Capital of Russia- Moscow
- Currency of Russia- Russian ruble
World’s largest aircraft completes test flight
- Bringing the massive helium-filled airship one step closer to commercial use the world’s largest aircraft has successfully completed a test flight.
- From airplanes, the hybrid aircraft dubbed the Airlander 10 combines technology, helicopters and airships. When manned it is designed to fly at altitudes of 6,100 meters for up to five days. It is the largest aircraft currently flying, ‘Live Science’ reported with a length of 92 metres.
- According to Hybrid Air Vehicles on 10 May, the Airlander 10 flew till the total of 180 minutes to test the aircraft’s handling, improved landing technology and more, the British company that built the aircraft. During the successful test flight in Cardington, UK, the Airlander the 10 Dave Burns, the Airlander 10’s chief test pilot said, “handled superbly,”.
- The company Hybrid Air Vehicles officials said, “There will also be passenger variants for the ultimate flying experience and eventually Hybrid Air Vehicles will fulfil a crucial role in point-to-point cargo transportation to remote areas”.
- Founder of Hybrid Air Vehicles- Roger Munk
- Hybrid Air Vehicles founded on- 2007
- World’s largest aircraft- Antonov An-225
Manchester terror attack: ISIS claims responsibility of the deadly attack that claimed lives of 22 teenagers
- After the bomb blast in Manchester on Tuesday it is guess that there is killing of 22 teenagers, responsibility for the attack is claimed the Islamic State (ISIS), AFP reported. The attacker was killed in the attack while detonating the bomb said the Manchester police.
- British Prime Minister Theresa in the statement condemned the attack and in the evening she is expected to fly to Manchester. In her statement, May said that the identity of the attacker is known but it will not be revealed.
- She added, “It is now beyond doubt that the people of Manchester, and of this country, have fallen victim to a callous terrorist attack – an attack that targeted some of the youngest people in our society with cold calculation.” the elections on June 8 for the campaign was also stopped.
- British Prime Minister Theresa may said, “I have just chaired a meeting of the government’s emergency committee COBR, where we discussed the details of – and the response to – the appalling events in Manchester last night”.
- Capital of England- London
- Currency England – Pound sterling
- Prime Minister of Englandd- Theresa May
- Governor of England- Sir Mervyn King
Canada denies entry to former CRPF IG Tejinder Singh Dhillon for serving government indulged in genocide, India objects strongly
- After the Canadian immigration authorities on the charges of serving a government indulged in gross human rights violations, denied entry to former Inspector General of Central Reserved Police Force Tejinder Singh Dhillon.
- Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Gopal Bagley said that the description given by the Canadian authorities is completely unacceptable. Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Gopal Bagley said, “We have seen the news report regarding denial of entry by Canadian authorities to a senior retired Indian police officer. Such a characterisation of a reputed force like the CRPF is completely unacceptable”.
- According to a report in a media, Tejinder Singh Dhillon, in 2010 who retired with the rank of inspector general of police from the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), under a subsection of Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, was declared inadmissible.
- Dhillon at the airport that stated he was a “prescribed senior official in the service of a government that, in the opinion of the Minister, engages or has engaged in terrorism, systematic or gross human rights violations, or genocide, a war crime or a crime against humanity”.
- Capitaln of Canada- Ottawa
- Prime minister of Canada- Justin Trudeau
- Currency of Canada- Canadian dollar
- Governor of Canada- David Johnston
BANKING & FINANCE
Corporation Bank to raise Rs 3,500 crore
- Its board has approved plans to raise capital up to Rs 3,500 crore public sector lender Corporation BankBSE -0.89 % today said.
- it said in a regulatory filing, “The board of directors at their meeting has approved for raising of capital to the extent of Rs 3,500 crore in one or more tranches with green shoe option”.
- The banks said the fund will be raised either through allotment of equity shares by way of additional tier-I bond or tier II bonds or debt issue or on preferential basis or follow on public issue or rights issue or qualified institutions placement (QIP).
- As per Basel III requirements the fund raise may also come up in a combination of these ways. The issue price at an appropriate time the bank said it will determine.
- Headquarters Corporation Bank- Mangalore, India
- CEO of Corporation Bank- Jai Kumar Garg
- Founder of Corporation Bank- Khan Bahadur Haji Abdullah Haji Kasim Saheb Bahadur
- Founded on- 1906, Udupi, India
- Executive director- Gopal Murli Bhagat
Xiaomi Redmi 4 witnesses record sale on Amazon India; over 2, 50,000 units sold within 8 minutes
- Exclusively available on Amazon the Redmi 4 Smartphone which was India went on sale earlier today and saw record-breaking sales and create a remarkable customer response. From customers who tried their luck to get their hands on the new Xiaomi’s Redmi 4 Amazon India received whopping 2.3 million ‘notify me’ alerts.
- On Tuesday from 12 PM the most awaited smartphone was up for sale. More than 2,50,000 units sold within 8 minutes as soon as the Smartphone went live.
- the Redmi 4 Smartphone which is currently available for customers in two variants, according to an official press release, the 2GB RAM + 16 GB storage variant priced at Rs. 6,999 and the 3GB RAM + 32 GB storage variant which is priced at Rs. 8,999 announcement on 16 May 2017 witnessed over 2.3 million ‘notify me’ alerts from customers following the launch.
- Noor Patel, Director Category Management, Amazon India said, “We are thrilled to have witnessed such a remarkable customer response for the Redmi 4. We had witnessed over 2.3 million ‘notify me’ requests from our customers. Smartphones have been a top selling category on Amazon.in and the phenomenal sale today highlights our focus on expanding the selection and giving our customers the best to choose from.”
- Headquarters of Amazon – Seattle, Washington, United States
- CEO of Amazon- Jeff Bezos
- Founder of – Jeff Bezos
- com is the world’s fourth-largest information technology company
- Director Category Management of Amazon- Noor Patel
PM lays foundation stone for 993-cr project of Kandla port
- On Monday Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for six projects of Kandla Port Trust in Gujarat’s Kutch worth around Rs 993 crore. At a cost of Rs 148 crore the pumping station has been constructed. Towards Anjar and Mandvi it will lift water 18-metre high and flow it in the KBC section flowing.
- While highlighting the importance of good ports for economic growth PM Modi lauded Gujarat’s rich maritime tradition. PM Modi said, “Gujarat is known for its rich maritime tradition. This spirit continues even today. There is something very special about the land of Kutch and the people who live here. Good ports are essential for India’s progress,”
- Prime Minister said, “Vital pillars of economic growth are infrastructure, efficiency, and transparency. Kandla has emerged as one of the finest ports in Asia.”
- Superintending engineer of KBC B Srinivasan had told Indian Express last week that the Bhachau station will pump water till the tail of the KBC. Superintending engineer of KBC B Srinivasan said, “The KBC will tail at Modkuba village of Mandvi taluka of Kutch. The total length of the KBC is 357 kilometres out of which construction has been completed by and large for 266 kilometres. As of now, water will go up to Anjar, some 36 km downstream Bhachau”.
- Superintending engineer of KBC – B Srinivasan
Cabinet likely to take up FIPB abolition today
- On Wednesday the Union Cabinet is likely to take a call on winding up of the 25-year-old Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB), requiring the government approval, which currently vets FDI proposals.
- On February 1 Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in his Budget speech he announced that the scrapping of the inter-ministerial body, which comes under the finance ministry’s Department of Economic Affairs. By the source it is got to know that by the Cabinet tomorrow to deal with foreign direct investment in sensitive sectors a suitable mechanism may also be proposed.
- Under the Prime Minister’s Office in the wake of economic liberalisation in the early 1990s the FIPB was initially constituted. Including defence and retail trading requires government approval currently, FDI in 11 sectors.
- By the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs the FDI proposals above Rs 5,000 crore would continue to be cleared. Into India increased by 9 per cent to USD 43.48 billion in 2016-17 the inflow of foreign direct investment.
- Full form of FIPB- Foreign Investment Promotion Board
- Finance Minister – Arun Jaitley
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Young Indian cartoonist wins top conservation award
- Rohan Chakravarty the Avid bird watcher has turned his love and life for environment and wildlife into a comic strip that is being distributed internationally, his muse by drawing cartoons centred on conservation issues under the banner of Green Humour.
- In his cartoons by his creativity that make you laugh out loud. Leaves an instant impression in the minds of young and old alike this is the carrying a strong message of conservation.
- Avid bird watcher, Rohan Chakravarty said, “I am honoured to receive the title, which, more than an award, is a reminder of my responsibility to both my art and my muse — wildlife. Cartoons and humour ensure that a reader not only retains a message but also responds to it, and are hence indispensable tools in both communication and conservation”.
- Ravi Singh, Secretary General and CEO, WWF-India said, “Through his work and dedication and his added ability to mentor, Rohan inspires individuals in a way that each person can make a positive difference with expression and knowledge. Rohan represents the younger generation of conservationists in India, one who combines his talent for fun, positivity, nature and science through his art, visualising forests and wildlife in a refreshing yet compelling form”.
- Founded WWF- April 29, 1961, Morges, Switzerland
- CEO of WWF- Marco Lambertini
- Slogan- “For a Living Planet”
- Motto- Building a future in which people Live in harmony with nature
- Founders- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Julian Huxley
- WWF Secretary General and CEO of India- Ravi Singh
JC Daniel award for Adoor Gopalakrishnan
- In the highest honour of the state government for contribution to Malayalam cinema Adoor Gopalakrishnan the Veteran filmmaker has won the prestigious JC Daniel Award 2016.
- At the Film Institute of India Adoor had given up the job of a statistical investigator to study cinema and he went on to become one of the most revered names not just in Indian cinema but also in international festival circuits.
- In 1984 he was honored with Padmashri and in 2006 Padma Vibhushan.
- The award, named after who made the first silent movie in Kerala, J C Daniel, includes a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh, a citation and plaque. The award to be held in Thalaserry will be presented at the state film awards distribution ceremony.
- JC Daniel award Established in- 1992
- JC Daniel award First awardees- T. E. Vasudevan
- JC Daniel award Awarded by- Kerala State Chalachitra Academy
- First awarded- 1992
- Padmashri – India’s 4th most highest civilians award
- Padmashri Instituted in- 1954
Science and Technology
Google’s AlphaGo AI beats Chinese champion in ancient board game
- On Tuesday a computer defeated China’s top player of the ancient board game go in the that machines have yet to dominate the latest test of whether artificial intelligence can master one of the last games.
- Ke Jie, a 19-year-old player, in this town west of Shanghai, is due to play a three-game match against AlphaGo. The computer also is to face off against other top-ranked Chinese players, during the five-day event.
- By a half-point AlphaGo beat Ke, “the closest margin possible,” according to Demis Hassabis, founder of DeepMind, the Google-owned company that developed AlphaGo.
- Demis Hassabis, founder of DeepMind said, “AlphaGo wins game 1! Ke Jie fought bravely and some wonderful moves were played.”
- Google Founded- September 4, 1998, in Menlo Park, California, United States
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Founders: Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- CEO of DeepMind- Demis Hassabis
- Founded- 2011
- Founders- Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman, Shane Legg
Tennis-Maria Sharapova handed wild card for Rogers Cup in Toronto
- At the Rogers Cup in August Maria Sharapova’s comeback from a doping ban will include an appearance on Tuesday after the former world number one was granted a wild card by the organizers of the Toronto tournament.
- The tour in Stuttgart the Russian reached the semi-finals of her first event, but was surprisingly denied a wild card for the French Open with organisers uneasy about fast-tracking her into a tournament she has won twice.
- Sharapova considered one of the biggest names in tennis, in July it will attempt to qualify for Wimbledon and has been invited to play in the Toronto event for the U.S. Open that serves as one of the main warm-up tournaments.
- Sharapova told, “I’m really looking forward to coming back to Canada. This is one of the biggest events of the year and I hope to play my best tennis that week.”
- First played Tennis- Between 1859 and 1865, Birmingham, England
- Prime Minister of Toronto- Justin Trudeau
- Currency of Canada – the Canadian
Spiritual guru Chandraswami, once close to former PM Narasimha Rao, dies at 66
- Self-styled godman and spiritual guru Chandraswami died today because of renal failure following a prolonged illness. He was the age of 66. By the reports Chandraswami was on dialysis. Recently, he also suffered stroke followed by developed multiple-organ failure and severe sepsis.
- He first gained fame by his skill as an astrologer but his rise with former Prime Minister Narasimha Rao to national prominence came with the association.
- Chandraswami was accused of some financial irregularities and was the Supreme Court to pay penalty in several Foreign Exchange Management Act violation cases registered by the Enforcement Directorate by ordered.
- Chandraswami is also known to have given spiritual advice to the Sultan of Brunei, Sheikh Isa bin Salman Al Khalifa of Bahrain, actor Elizabeth Taylor, British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, arms dealer Adnan Khashoggi, and underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
- Start a career with an astrologer
- Real name- Nemi Chand
Roger Moore, Who Played James Bond 007 Times, Dies at 89
- The dapper British actor Roger Moore, eclipsing his television career that brought tongue-in-cheek humor to the James Bond persona in seven films, which had included starring roles in at least five series, died on Tuesday in Switzerland. He was the age of 89.
- By the statement of family it is said that the death was by the cancer. Where in Switzerland he had died his family did not say.
- In the official series Mr. Moore was the oldest Bond ever hired for films although David Niven was at the age of 50s when he played Bond in the spoof “Casino Royale” taking on the role when he was 45.
- Sir Roger George Moore KBE – English actor
- He played the British secret agent James Bond in seven feature films between 1973 and 1985.
- He also played Simon Templar in the television series
Christian feast day- 24 May
- With a feast day, Mary Help of Christians is a Roman Catholic Marian devotion celebrated on May 24. In year 345 Saint John Chrysostom was the first person to use this Marian title as a devotion to the Virgin Mary.
- Don Bosco also propagated Marian devotion under this title.
- With the defense of Christian Europe the title of Mary Help of Christians is associated , the north of Africa and the Middle East from non-Christian peoples during the Middle Age.
- First person to celebrate- Saint John Chrysostom