Punjab finance minister Manpreet Badal prasented state budget for this year 2017-18
- The lending banks of the cooperative banks have stoped theirs loans to the students, and this is expecting that it will help approx 10.25 lakh farmers, including the locality of the Rs 20,000 crore, but the minister of the finance have announced to overlay of this Rs 1,500 crore for the paid the debt of the farmer who are in the distressed for this, calling it the “first action” initiated by the government to salvage the farmers.
- About the budget being silent on recruitment of teachers, Vice President of BEd Teachers Front, Punjab, Chander Shekhar, said, “If we really want to see improvement in education, what is important is to improve the quality of instruction. With less than a thousand English school teachers, how do we foresee improvement? And why is budget silent on this? We do not need chairs and desks, but qualified teachers to teach the students…recent Class 10 and 12 results should have served as an eye opener for government.”
- Vice President of BEd Teachers Front, Punjab, Chander Shekhar, have also get focused on the latest PSEB results out of the 1,48,000 students, including 70,000 students in Class 10, had failed in General English only.
- There is the result of the survey slightly low in the 2013-14, but has been going up since. Last year, the finance minister pegged it at Rs 7,983 crore, 1.76% of gross state domestic product (GSDP). However, it rose to Rs 11,362 crore in 2016-17 revised estimates. This year, it is estimated to go to Rs 14,784 crore.
- Punjab, a state bordering Pakistan, is the heart of India’s Sikh community
- The city of Amritsar, founded in the 1570s by Sikh Guru Ram Das, is the site of Harmandir Sahib, the holiest gurdwara (Sikh place of worship)
- Known in English as the Golden Temple, and surrounded by the Pool of Nectar, it’s a major pilgrimage site
- Also in Amritsar is Durgiana Temple, a Hindu shrine famed for its engraved silver doors
- Districts: 22
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Points of interest: Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh
International Yoga Day 2017: Demand for Yoga teachers has gone up, practice is being standardized gradually, says PM Modi
- On Wednesday the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi told and guide the people gathered at Lucknow’s Ambedkar Maidan to celebrate the third International Yoga Day and adressed the benefits of the ancient yoga.
- After the pronounse the speech about the yoga, the PM started to performed Yoga with 50,000 people who has gathered at Amdedkar grounds. The yoga day is celebrfated in the many states of the country and also in the many countries of the world. In Gujarat’s Ahmedabad, BJP President Amit Shah and Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev are performing Yoga with people.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, “Earlier Yoga was practiced by people in their own way but now it is being gradually standardized. There was a time when Yoga was only practiced by sages in the Himalyas but now it has become a part of everyday life of people,”
- The PM said, “Just as the importance of salt is not only to lend taste to food, but also ensure well-being of the body, similarly Yoga can have the same importance as salt has in life”
- Celebrations- Practice of yoga, meditation, spreading awareness about yoga and adopting it in one’s lifestyle by discussing its benefits
- Date- 21 June
- Next time -21 June 2017
- Frequency- Annual
- First time- 21 June 2015
- Related to-Yoga, meditation, cultural performances, health and fitness
Shipping ministry secretary transferred
- On Tuesday, the Central government have sent the Shipping ministry secretary Rajive Kumar again back in his cadre of the starting that is Uttar Pradesh before completion of his tenure.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved premature repatriation of shipping ministry secretary Rajive Kumar; it is said by an order that was issued by Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
- Shipping ministry secretary Rajive Kumar, was the 1981 batch IAS officer, and at their he was working as the chief secretary there, it get to know by the source of the officials. In 2014 he was appointed as Secretary, Ministry of Shipping.
- Uttar Pradesh is a state in northern India
- Its city of Agra is home to the iconic Taj Mahal monument, a colossal, domed, white-marble mausoleum honouring the wife of 17th-century Mughal emperor Shah Jahan
- Nearby are the red-brick walls of Agra Fort, a fortified palace dating to the 16th and 17th centuries
- Capital Lucknow has Muslim memorial shrines Bara Imambara and calligraphy-adorned Chota Imambara
- Districts: 75
- Capitals: Lucknow, Allahabad (Judiciary)
- Points of interest: Taj Mahal, Ganges, Tomb of I’timād-ud-Daulah
MP government announces power subsidy to benefit farmers
- To see the suicide case of the Maharashtra, the government of the Madhya Pradesh announced and installed on Tuesday a huge subsidy of Rs 9541 cr on electricity tariff of small farmers, agrarians from the SC/ST community and BPL domestic consumers.
- Minister for water resources and government spokesman Narottam Mishra, “Chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan directed that electricity upto five horsepower will be provided free to agriculture consumers from the SC/ST communities who hold one hectare land,”
- Narottam Mishra added, “Cabinet has made a change in the 0% interest loan policy for farmers. Demand of the agricultural community has been taken into consideration. Till now, farmers had to take loans at 0% interest by February every year from co-operative banks. Now, short term loans for Kharif season will be given till March 28 every year,”
- The state government have claimed for the fiscal year 2017-18, the government of the India have to give the fund of the Rs 8700 crore as subsidy which is through the Madhya Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission. The subsidy that will give by the government and that will be companies and the agrarian sector will get benefit of Rs 8,400 crore from this decision.
- Madhya Pradesh, a large state in central India, retains landmarks from eras throughout Indian history
- Begun in the 10th century, its Hindu and Jain temples at Khajuraho are renowned for their carvings of erotic scenes, most prominently Kandariya Mahadeva, a temple with more than 800 sculptures
- The eastern Bandhavgarh and Kanha national parks, noted Bengal tiger sanctuaries, offer guided safaris
- Districts: 51
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Capitals: Bhopal, Jabalpur (Judiciary)
- Destinations: Bhopal, Indore, Khajuraho Group of Monuments
India and Portugal sign a historical agreement to promote cooperation in the field of Archieves
- There is the protocol of the rural of the nation that is get signed between the National Archives of India and the Minister of Culture of the Portuguese Republic in the field of archives on 17th May, 2017 in Lisbon, Portugal.
- In the agreement that was get signed the first thing is that, the Torre do Tombo (National Archives of Portugal) handed over to the National Archives of India digital copies of 62 volumes of the collection known as ‘Moncoes do Reino’ (Monsoon correspondence).
- In the year 1777, these 62 volumes, consisting of over 12,000 documents, pertaining to the period from 1605 to 1651 and that we’re get placed from the Goa to Lisbon where these were subsequently printed in under the title ‘Documentos Remetidos da India'(Documents sent from India) by the Academy of Science at Lisbon between 1880 and 1893.
- The valumes that were given as the document that were the parts of the 456 volumes that cover the period from 1568 to 1914 and form the largest of all record collections in the Goa State Archives.
- Portugal is a southern European country on the Iberian Peninsula, bordering Spain
- Its location on the Atlantic Ocean has influenced many aspects of its culture: salt cod and grilled sardines are national dishes, the Algarve’s beaches are a major destination and much of the nation’s architecture dates to the 1500s–1800s, when Portugal had a powerful maritime empire
- Capital: Lisbon
- Currency: Euro
- Official language: Portuguese
China says it will link Pakistan corridor with project involving India
- The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) will going to connect the corroidor to the India, Bangladesh and Myanmar by using the sea, on Tuesday the Beijing announced that in its continuing efforts to bring Asia and Europe under President Xi Jinping’s multi-million dollar Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
- The document released by official Xinhua news agency said, “Ocean cooperation will focus on building the China-Indian Ocean-Africa- Mediterranean Sea Blue Economic Passage, by linking the China-Indochina Peninsula Economic Corridor, running westward from the South China Sea to the Indian Ocean, and connecting the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and the Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar Economic Corridor (BCIM-EC),”
- “Progress has been achieved in implementing a series of programs and projects, including the Malaysia Malacca Seaside Industrial Park, the Pakistan Gwadar Port, the port+industrial park+city mode of integrated development of the Kyaukpyu port in Myanmar, the Colombo Port City and the Phase II Hambantota Port Project in Sri Lanka,the railway linking Ethiopia and Djibouti, the railway between Mombasa and Nairobi in Kenya, and the Piraeus port in Greece,” the document said.
- China is a populous nation in East Asia whose vast landscape encompasses grassland, desert, mountains, lakes, rivers and more than 14,000km of coastline
- Capital Beijing mixes modern architecture with historic sites such as the Forbidden City palace complex and Tiananmen Square
- Shanghai is a skyscraper-studded global financial center
- The iconic Great Wall of China runs east-west across the country’s north
- Capital: Beijing
- Currency: Renminbi
- President: Xi Jinping
- Official languages: Mandarin Chinese, Standard Mandarin
UN chief set to lobby US Congress next week to save funding
- There is the major cuts in the effect of the United Nations would create an “Insolvable problem” for the world body, it is said by the UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres on today as he announced plans to lobby US lawmakers to reject the cutbacks.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said, “The proposal of budget that was presented to the Congress would create an insolvable problem to the management of the UN. The process is still in the Congress and I will soon be going to Washington,”
- Antonio Guterres said, “If the United States disengages in relation to many aspects of foreign policy… it will be unavoidable that other actors will occupy that space. I don’t think that this is good for the United States and I don’t think this is good for the world.”
- Guterres have not decided yet to meet the US president Trump at the White House during the June 27-29 visit, or hold talks with US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. The administration of Trump has also announced the US withdrawal from the Paris climate agreement, the culmination of years of UN-led negotiations, and has taken aim at refugee resettlement.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization to promote international co-operation and to create and maintain international order
- Founded: October 24, 1945, Lake Success, New York, United States
- Headquarters: New York City, New York, United States
- Secretary general: António Guterres
- Founders: Syria, United States of America, India, Turkey, Brazil, More
- Subsidiaries: United Nations Security Council, UNESCO, More
- Refugee agency: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
Legendary Kalashnikov gunmaker now launches surveillance drones
- Kalashnikov Group, who is the producer of the famous assault rifles, have planning to produce and launch of the assault rifles that are noiseless reconnaissance drones that can fly continuously for four hours.
- Kalashnikov rifles are not get flexed by the globe of the nature. The AK-47 assault was invented by Mikhail Kalashnikov in the former Soviet Union in 1947. The durability and reliability of the AK-47 in combat has made it the most popular assault rifle in the world, rivaling even the AR-15.
- Deputy CEO of ZALA AERO (part of the Kalashnikov Group) Nikita Zakharov was quoted as saying, “There are no analogues of ZALA 421-16E2 systems either in Russia or in the world by their functionality, the simplicity and reliability of operation. Besides, the unmanned aerial vehicle has a noiseless flight mode, which is so important for defence and security agencies. The first machines have already been transferred to customers,”
- It is said that and there is the minority that about 100 million Kalashnikov rifles have been sold worldwide. The inventor of the rifle, Soviet Lt-Gen Kalashnikov, died in 2013.
- Lieutenant-General Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov was a Russian general, inventor, military engineer, writer and small arms designer
- Books: The Gun that Changed the World
BANKING & FINANCE
IDBI Federal life partners with sumtech for GST roll out
- IDBI Federal Life Insurance have announced today that it has get tied with the SunTec, which will help facilitate in computing and invoicing of debit tax and credit tax that will be GST compliant.
- IDBI Federal Life Insurance Chief Financial Officer Kedar Patki said in a release here, “We are happy to partner with SunTec and look forward to becoming GST compliant. Given the diverse business portfolios, it becomes crucial for us to ensure that all taxation-related data is computed and analyzed with accuracy for smooth business operations and keep issues of double taxation in check,”
- Esther Lee, MetLife executive vice-president and global chief marketing officer said, “Kapur’s deep understanding of insight and data-driven marketing, digital engagement and customer experience makes him the ideal marketing leader to drive this transformation across the Asia region,”
- GrowthEnabler CEO and Co-founder Rajeev Banduni said in a release issued here, “His experience with Gartner Inc will also help us to align and introduce industry best practices to our intelligence team,”
- IDBI Bank is an Indian government-owned financial service company, formerly known as Industrial Development Bank of India, headquartered in Mumbai, India
- Headquarters: Mumbai, India
- CEO: Mahesh Kumar Jain (Mar 20, 2017–)
- Founded: 1964
- Capital ratio: 11.76% (2016)
- Subsidiaries: IDBI Capital, IDBI Intech Ltd, More
India and ADB signs $275 million loan for upgrading Urban Services in 64 small towns in Madhya Pradesh
- The Indian government bank has created an agreement with the Asian Development Bank in which there will be the pay of the lender of a $275 million loan to upgrade piped water supply and municipal services in 64 small towns in Madhya Pradesh.
- A Finance Ministry release here said on Tuesday, “The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $275 million loan on June 19, 2017, for improving urban services in 64 small towns in the State of Madhya Pradesh. The project will develop sustainable, inclusive, and climate-resilient water supply in 64 small and medium-sized towns, and integrated storm water and sewerage infrastructure in two heritage towns of Khajuraho and Rajnagar”
- Raj Kumar said in the statement, “Madhya Pradesh needs substantial investments to keep pace with its rapid urbanization. Sustainable piped water supply will foster inclusiveness by giving more of the state’s’ population easier access to basic services, especially for women and girls,”
- “A key element of the project is the use of design-build-operate contracts including 10-years operation and maintenance to ensure better sustainability of the water service operation and financial viability,” Sondjaja said.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines
- President: Takehiko Nakao
- Founded: December 19, 1966
- Membership: 67 countries
- Purpose: Economic development
- Subsidiaries: Asian Development Bank Institute, More
CBDT notifies operationalising provisions of adjustment under IT Act
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has created the rule of 10CB of Section 92CE under the Income Tax Act, 1961, that is for the arranging of the secondary adjustment.
- The Finance Act, 2017 have included the section 92CE in the Income Tax Act, 1961 with effect from April 1, 2018 to give the new secondary adjustment by attributing income to compromise the access of the hand to hand money that associated enterprise, in order to make the actual allocation of funds consistent with that of the primary transfer pricing adjustment.
- The Board of the taxes me by apply the primary adjustments exceeding Rs. one crore made in respect of the assessment year 2017-18 onwards.
- For repatriation of excess money there should be the time limit of 90 days and shall begin only when the primary adjustments exceeding Rs. one crore made in respect of the year 2017-18 or later, attains finality.
Science and Technology
L&T launches Yard 55000 (Floating Dock- FDN 2) for Indian Navy
- The countries’ first amazing Floating Dock (FDN-2) that is for the repair and to take care of the Indian Navy ships was launched at Larsen & Toubro Shipyard at Kattupalli, that is in the north of Chennai. Floating Dock (FDN-2) will be handed over to the Navy after three to four months of trial.
- Larsen and Toubro Shipbuilding, Managing Director, and CEO, Vice Admiral (retd) B Kannan said, “It is the first order that L&T had bagged.. In two to three months (time) we will be delivering it to Port Blair (of Indian Navy).. We have infused a lot of digital technologies during design and construction of the dock,”
- B Kannan said, “Once operationalised, it (dock) would enhance the technical repair infrastructure of the Navy for ships based at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands as well as for visiting naval ships,”
- The floating dock, FDN-2 has awarded to Larsen and Toubro by the Ministry of Defence in May 2015, was to design and build at an order value of Rs. 468 crore.
- The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces
- The President of India serves as Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy
- The Chief of Naval Staff, usually a four-star officer in the rank of Admiral, commands the navy
- Motto: शं नो वरुणः (Sanskrit); IAST: Shaṃ No Varunaḥ; (May the Lord of the Water be auspicious unto us)
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India
- Founded: September 5, 1612
- Fighter: Mikoyan MiG-29K
- Bomber: Tupolev Tu-142
- Engagements: World War II, World War I
Hike partners with Yes bank to launch UPI-based wallet, rolls out Hike 5.0
- Tencent and Foxconn both have get backed, Hike Messenger which is the conseversation network app that has introduced wallet service through its latest app update. The new feature will allow users to execute free and instant money transfer.
- Kavin Bharti Mittal, Founder and CEO, Hike Messenger said, “Hike 5.0 is the biggest update we’ve released in the history of Hike. We’ve worked closely with over 100 of our top hikers to build 5.0. It’s been built by our users for our users. With App themes, Night theme and Magic Selfie Hike 5.0 is packed with some incredibly personal touches that are meant to delight our users. With Hike 5.0 you can personalise your Hike world,”
- Kavin Bharti Mittal, Founder and CEO, Hike Messenger said, “Over the last 6 months, we’ve been working to bring a brand new experience to our users with one question in mind – How do we take all the things that users love about Hike and make it even better? Hike 5.0 is our most ambitious step in that direction till date.”
- Initial release- December 12, 2012; 4 years ago
- Operating system- iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry OS, Symbian
- Available in- 9 languages
Jindar Mahal beats Randy Orton to retain WWE Championship
- Jinder Mahal the Indian wrestler has made his first and great defence of the WWE Championship, by getting beat the hero Randy Orton in his home town, at St Louis, Missouri in the WWE SmackDown Live exclusive pay-per-view Money in the Bank.
- The hometown hero was the against the foreign heel of the land then WWE decided to add the greats of the industry like Ric Flair, Cowboy Bob Orton Jr, Larry ‘The Axe’ Henning, Sgt Slaughter in attendance and that made for a compelling story.
- Randy Orton got a 2-count after a Super-plex off the top rope that is the move that was made famous by his father Bob Orton Jr. Orton gained get the double rolling with the upper-cuts, then a hit a scoop slam followed by a DDT off the middle rope.
- To see the brothers tough played match and they started to play it smartly and then attacked Orton’s father, prompting Orton to go after them. The Viper get sniiped and by throwing the brother Sunil through the announce table and then hit Samir with the RKO.
- World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. is an American publicly traded, privately controlled Entertainment Company that deals primarily in professional wrestling, with revenue also coming from film, music.
- Headquarters: Stamford, Connecticut, United States
- CEO: Vince McMahon (Sep 16, 2009–)
- Founded: 1979, Massachusetts, United States
- Ring announcer: JoJo
- Subsidiaries: WWE NXT, WWE Network, Tapout, WWE Studios, More
- Founders: Vince McMahon, Linda McMahon
India Wushu team claims 6 medals at BRICS Games
- In the Wushu competition of the BRICS Games, the India has won six medals, two golds, two silvers and two bronzes which was held there on Monday at june19.
- On Sunday, M. Gyandas won gold medal in Taijiquan/Taijijian, M. Bidheswari Devi won silver and L. Sanatgombhi Chanu won bronze in Taijiquan/Taijijian event.
- Anjul Namdev won and awarded the gold medal in Changquan overall event, Ng. Toshibala won silver in Women’s Changquan event, and Sajan Lama settled for bronze medal in Nanquan allround Event.
- BRICS is the acronym for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
- Originally the first four were grouped as “BRIC”, before the induction of South Africa in 2010.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Annabel Mehta awarded with the MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire)
- Indian crickter, Sachin Tendulkar’s mother-in-law and also the social activist Annabel Mehta, a British national, has been awarded the MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) for her work and service to the underprivileged.
- A statement issued by the British Deputy High Commission said, “Her Majesty the Queen approved the award to Mehta, a British national, in recognition of her work and service to underprivileged communities in Mumbai, and the NGO, Apnalaya,”
- Said by the British Deputy High Commission, “In the last 25 years, Apnalaya, led by Annabel has particularly focused on the Shivaji Nagar slum community, adjoining the Deonar dumping ground, with a population of around 600,000, many of whom live in challenging conditions. Apnalaya works to promote issues of health care, gender, education and livelihoods using an integrated community development approach.”
- In 1940, Annabel Mehta was born in Birmingham and trained in Social Administration at the London School of Economics where she met her Indian husband, Anand Mehta. Annabel moved to India in 1966.
- The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire is a British order of chivalry; rewarding contributions to the arts and sciences, work with charitable and welfare organisations, and public service outside the Civil Service
- Awarded for: Prominent national or regional achievements
- Next (higher): Royal Victorian Order
- Grand Master: Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- Status: Currently constituted
- Motto: For God and the Empire
- Eligibility: British nationals, or anyone who has made a significant achievement for the United Kingdom
Prodigy of Mobb Deep dies at 42
- Rapper Prodigy, who was the one half of the hip hop duo Mobb Deep has died at the age of 42, it is released by the co-author on one of his books, Kathy Iandoli.
- His publicist said in a statement, “It is with extreme sadness and disbelief that we confirm the death of our dear friend Albert Johnson, better known to millions of fans as Prodigy of legendary NY rap duo Mobb Deep”
- It is said in the statement, “Prodigy was hospitalized a few days ago in Vegas after a Mobb Deep performance for complications caused by a sickle cell anaemia crisis. As most of his fans know, Prodigy battled the disease since birth. The exact causes of death have yet to be determined. We would like to thank everyone for respecting the family’s privacy at this time.”
- Nas was among those to pay tribute to Prodigy following the news of his death, posting a photo of him reading on Instagram with the caption, “QB RIP King P. Prodigy 4 Ever”.
- Albert Johnson, better known by his stage name Prodigy, was an American rapper and one half of the hip hop duo Mobb Deep with Havoc
- Full name: Albert Johnson
- Movies: Rhyme & Punishment, Murda Muzik, Full Clip, More
June 22 1555 – Humanyun Declares Akbar as His Heir Apparent
- On June 22nd 1555, Emperor Humayun has announced his son Akbar as his heir for his next generation reign. The Mughals was the India’s most famous ruling dynasty and ruled India from year 1526 to 1857 AD.
- The first Mughal emperor was Babur, who was the conqueror from Central Asia who founded the Mughal Empire in India and and he has secured the place for Mughal emperors in the country.
- Humayun was the son of Babur, who first ruled from 1530 AD to 1540 AD and then from 1555 AD to 1556 AD.
- Akbar the Great also known as the, Abu’l-Fath Jalal ud-din Muhammad Akbar, remains one of the most famous Mughals till today. Only thirteen when he ascended his father’s throne, Akbar displayed exceptional understanding and skill.
- Abu’l-Fath Jalal-ud-din Muhammad, popularly known as Akbar I and later Akbar the Great, was the third Mughal emperor, who reigned from 1556 to 1605
- Born: October 15, 1542, Umerkot, Pakistan
- Died: October 27, 1605, Fatehpur Sikri, India
- Buried: Akbar’s tomb, Agra, India
- Reign: 11 February 1556 – 27 October 1605
- Spouse: Mariam-uz-Zamani (m. 1562–1605), Salima Sultan Begum (m. 1561–1605), Ruqaiya Sultan Begum (m. 1551–1605)
- Children: Jahangir, Daniyal Mirza, Sultan Murad Mirza