Kulbhushan Jadhav verdict at ICJ a diplomatic win for India, political win-win for Narendra Modi
- On Thursday’s the International Court of Justice had held the verdicts of the execution of Kulbhushan Jadhav it is announced that to death by a military court in Pakistan this is no doubt that it is a big unconditional and unwanted legal victory for India at the highest level of the supreme. Besides victory was the most political win for Narendra Modi.
- It is sentenced to the mind that ICJ was not even in session when senior counsel Harish Salve flew have given Hague on 8 May and submitted an urgent application to the United Court’s registered along with an “intense” 20-minute briefing.
- India haver long defeating policy for the victims and it required a big and strong step from the Modi government to remove the mental distorse. India isn’t a rogue nation like Pakistan this was the resounding verdict should instill confidence in that.
- ICJ’s annonimous judgement indicates that this was a rule-based state that respects international laws is more likely to when it concerns revisionist states benefit from moving disputes from a bilateral to multilateral framework.
- Full form of ICJ- International Court of Justice
- Establishment of ICJ- 1945
NITI Aayog holds the first smavesh meeting
- On Wednesday in an official statement it is said, “This is the first ever initiative taken in the country to bring the large number of institutions cutting across diverse domain themes to deliberate together on the way forward for inclusive development of the country.”
- The meeting between NITI Aayog and major think tanks across the country to create an ecosphere of evidence-based policy research witnessed signing of memorandam of understandings (MoUs).
- The network which is shaering in this that will enable to achieve a sustainable and more inclusive development in line with the National Development Agenda efficient knowledge sharing and information exchange among all partners , Sustainable Development Goals as well as the 15-year vision, 7-year strategy and 3-year action plan.
- Under the co-chairmanship of NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant and Principal Adviser NITI Aayog Ratan P Watal the first meeting of the National Steering Group and other knowledge partners was held.
- Full form of NITI-National Institution for Transforming India
- Established on- 1 January 2015
7th Pay Commission: Revised Pay Matrix for Central Government employees
- Arun Jaitley the Finance Minister have issued the statement and said that the central government has accepted recommendations made by the 7th Pay Commission. It is expected that to meet officials of Finance Ministry to seek up gradation on higher allowance there were reports that the central government employees.
- It was expected that arrears on higher allowances under the 7th Pay Commission ande the central government employee might voice for house rent allowance (HRA). In a recent the National Joint Council of Action (NJCA) demanded to the Modi government to hike the allowances by May 31 neither they would announce a protest.
- Before this there was a sentenced that the new basic pay and the employee union on this news had a different take that the 7th pay commission had recommended that HRA should be paid at the rate of 24, 16 and 8 per cent respectively of , that was given the statement by the government couldn’t raise the HRA then it shouldn’t decrease it either.
- Finance Minister of India – Arun Jaitley
- Full form of NJCA- National Joint Council of Action
CCEA approves mission for development of bio-pharmaceuticals
- On Wednesday the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) had approved a collaborative mission between academia for accelerating research for early development of bio pharmaceuticals and industry.
- In an official statement it is said, “The mission will provide a holistic and integrated approach to strengthen and support the entire product development value chain for accelerating the research leads to product development. This will help not only in immediate product development addressing public health needs, but will also help to create an ecosystem which will facilitate development of a continuous pipeline of products.”
- The total cost project to be funded by central government is Rs 1,500 crore for five years.
- This Mission will be implemented by Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) that is a Public Sector Undertaking of the Department of Biotechnology (DBT).
- Full form of CCEA- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs
- Full form of BIRAC- Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council
- Full form of DBT- Department of Biotechnology
Japan: Emperor Akihito’s abdication bill approved by Shinzo Abe govt, first in 200 years
- On Friday the historic move of the cabinet of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe approved a bill allowing abdicating the Chrysanthemum throne and hand over duties to Crown Prince Naruhito to Emperor Akihito.
- This announcement was given by Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga. This move has to be likely implemented when Emperor Akihito turns 85 in December 2018. Japan will see such a shift this is the first time in about 200 years.
- This bill will now have to be presented in Parliament where it is largely expected to be approved as there is no current legislation that allows the stepping down of an Emperor.
- The bill has been specifically drafted to disallow future emperors from following and it ensure it is used only for the current emperor. At this time only posthumous succession is allowed under the Imperial House Law.
- Chief Cabinet Secretary of Japan- Yoshihide Suga
- President of Japan- Shinzō Abe
Nepal Local Election: UML – 1318, NC-616 Dhulikhel Municipality, Kavre district latest result for mayoral berth
- The counting of the Nepal election sheets is continuing on the running. This is the Nepal Local Elections 2017, this election is going conducting for the first time in the last two decades, this is the live witness for the a contest between the Nepali Congress and the Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist-Leninist) or CPN-UML.
- After the nation became a federal democratic republic, this local election of Nepal is also significant as it is happening for the first time.
- The vote counting of the polls have began till on Monday in 11 local units of Kathmandu and 6 local units of Lalitpur district. These Nepal local election results 2017 will declaire the fate of the 49,337 candidates.
- This first phase of the local election in the Nepal have taken succesfully placed peacefully at 281 local units out of 283 in province 3, 4 and 6. This first phase of local elections haver give the proof of the 73 per cent voter turnout. On June 14 the second round of polls in provinces 1, 2, 5 and 7 will be held.
- Capital of Nepal- Kathmandu
- Prime minister of the Nepal – Pushpa Kamal Dahal
India has capability to make 2600 nuclear weapons
- Pakistan have said that India is capable of producing 2600 nuclear weapons and Amid was heightened tension between the two neighboring nations in the wake of the Kulbhushan Jadhav case.
- Zakaria Radio Pakistan said, “Pakistan has been underscoring the risk of diversion by India to imported nuclear fuel, equipment and technology received pursuant to civil nuclear accord and 2008 energy waiver by Nuclear Suppliers Group.”
- Zakaria Radio Pakistan also said, “Pakistan has been underscoring the risk of diversion by India to imported nuclear fuel, equipment and technology received pursuant to civil nuclear accord and 2008 energy waiver by Nuclear Suppliers Group.”
- The top Pakistan official aying the world community should check the risks involved in allowing New Delhi a seat in the elite groups and also raised concerns over India’s bid for a permanent membership at the NSG.
- Biggest Power plant of India – Tarapur
Indian-American sentenced to 15 years in jail for USD 33 million frauds
- 15 years in prison a 44-year-old Indian-American has been sentenced for duping over a 100 investors of USD 33 million through fraudulent schemes.
- The former Chief Executive Officer of Essex Holdings was the Navin Shankar Subramaniam Xavier, a resident of Florida, the company through which he carried out two fraud schemes. He givew the statement yesterday to 15 years in prison by US District Judge Darrin Gayles in Miami.
- In the first sceme of the investment the over 100 investors who purchased USD 30 million worth of promissory notes have purposely secured by interests in iron ore mining in Chile.
- The second scheme involved the unfullfillment of the USD 1.2 million in valuable industrial property from the State of South Carolina and the economic development funds.
- Xavier was estimated the guilty for the two counts of wire fraud in the starting month of the January. One wire fraud count to the South Carolina economic development scheme and the other one count related to the investment fraud scheme.
- Former Chief Executive Officer of Essex Holdings of America- Navin Shankar Subramaniam Xavier
BANKING & FINANCE
New era of industrialisation begins in Jharkhand
- The new era of industrialisation has begun in Jharkhand, on Thursday chief minister Raghubar Das said while laying foundation of 21 ventures and inaugurating three projects here at Hotwar.
- Chief minister Raghubar Das said, “The projects are taking ground 90 days after signing memorandum of understanding (MoU) at the state’s maiden Global Investors’ Submit (GIS) held from February 16-17 this year. 30-35 more projects will come up by July this year.”
- Adding, the state is ready to achieve Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ dream through ‘Make in Jharkhand CM said, “We had signed MoUs with the companies for not making headlines but to end poverty, unemployment and check migration from the state.”
- OCL chairman-cum-managing director Sudhir Dhingra said, “I had met Jharkhand chief minister in July last year. He had said the migration rate of youth in Jharhand is high and he wanted their ‘ghar wapsi’ and job creation for them. This impressed me and prompted me to start textile unit in the state.”
- Chief Minister of Jharkhand- minister Raghubar Das
- OCL chairman-cum-managing director- Sudhir Dhingra
Banking changing rapidly, lenders should have CFOs, CTOs
- On Thursday the RBI with “rapid” changes in banking sector, urged banks to appoint qualified chiefs to head the critical finance and technology functions.
- The central bank also takes out with the minimum qualifications for the chief financial officers (CFOs) and chief technology officers (CTOs).
- RBI said, “Rapid innovations in banking and technology call for better risk governance in the areas of finance and technology. A CFO and CTO in banks’ management structure would play a crucial role in strengthening and sustaining the banks’ risk governance framework.”
- The RBI said about the qualification of the employee that CTO should be an engineering graduate, or hold a Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) or equivalent qualification with a 15-year experience in banking information technology-related projects.
- Establishment of RBI- April 1, 1935, Kolkata, India
- Governor- Urjit Patel
BSNL signs MoU with Facebook Mobikwik, and Disney land India
- The India’s largest telicommunication company which is state owned the BSNL have started the link with the agreements with Facebook and MobiKwik because of the looks to popularise the internet and its value added services among customers. This pact wasb signed at the compact of the World Telecommunication and Information Society Day.
- By the the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Facebook, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) they will provide connectivity for the social network’s ‘Express Wi-Fi Program’. Facebook, ffers internet facility via public hotspots to users in rural parts of the country through the Express Wi-Fi service, in partnership with telecom operators.
- Under second MoU, to facilitate payment for its products and services the company will work with digital payments firm Mobikwik to co-create a BSNL mobile wallet. BSNL said in a statement that the wallet will be available exclusively to BSNL customers in India.
- Besides this the MobiKwik will also enable “digital sale” of BSNL SIM cards through its app and website.
- Full form of BSNL- Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- CEO of BSNL- Shri Anupam Shrivastava
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Asam’s purnima barnam and karnatak’s sanjay gubbi wins prestigious green Oscar awards
- On Wednesday the two Indian activists for the works in the field of animal and bird conservation in India won the annual Whitley Awards, also called as the ‘Green Oscars’.
- Sanjay Gubbi of Karnataka and Purnima Barman of Assam both were among six global winners of the award shortlisted from 166 entries. Both of the winners receives 35,000 pounds (USD 45,374) prize money in project funding over one year.
- Sanjay Gubbi said, “Karnataka is home to the highest number of Bengal tigers in India and in 2015 the figure stood between 10 and 15. Our hope is to take it up to 100 over the next few years but this can only be done through working with the community.”
- Purnima Barman said, “This is a life-changing event for my team. It is a dream of every conservationist to win this award and the prize money will go a long way in expanding our Hargila Army network. With this award money, we plan to scale up this work, encouraging households in the region to take pride in the species and protect the birds and their nesting trees.”
- Green Oscar award is given by -Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN)
Indian scientist Shrinivas Kulkarni wins Dan David Prize
- The Indian scientist Shrinivas Kulkarni for his contribution in the field of astronomy has won the prestigious Dan David prize. At California Institute of Technology in Pasadena he is a professor of astrophysics and planetary science.
- changing and the explosion our knowledge of the transient sky this survey has turned up thousands of stellar explosions. By the Dan David Foundation headquartered at Tel Aviv University the $1 million prize have joint international enterprise endowed.
- Including author Amitav Ghosh, music conductor Zubin Mehta and renowned chemist CNR Rao Prof. Kulkarni, with this honour, joins other prominent Indian laureates of the Dan David prize . On May 21 This honour will be conferred at a festive awards ceremony here in the presence of the laureates.
- This discovery shared by Prof. Kulkarni, Andrej Udalski of the University of Warsaw and Neil Gehrels of NASA for their discoveries on time-domain astrophysics of the “Future” category this year is dedicated to astronomy.
- Dan David Prize Awarded for- Outstanding contribution in the fields of science, technology, culture or social welfare
- Presented by- The Dan David Foundation
- First awarded- 2002
Science and Technology
‘Nutrition alliance’ launched for Tamil Nadu
- On Thursday the UNICEF came together to launch the Tamil Nadu Nutrition Alliance and the M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF).
- Swaminathan said, “In Africa, a new variety of sweet potato with a high degree of Vitamin A has helped overcome Vitamin A deficiency…This is an agricultural pathway to a nutritional problem….An agricultural remedy for a nutritional malady,”
- Job Zachariah, Chief of UNICEF’s Office for Tamil Nadu and Kerala, said, “The newest evidence shows that nutrition-specific interventions only have a 20% say in reducing malnutrition. The other 80% is decided by nutrition-sensitive or social determinant interventions.”
- Chief of UNICEF for Tamil Nadu and Kerala – Job Zachariah
- Indian geneticist and international administrator- M. S. Swaminathan
NASA probes spot man-made ‘bubble’ around Earth
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) probes heve discoevered the man- made barrier around the Earth that will prevents high-energy space radiation from reaching the planet, scientists say.
- Assistant director at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Haystack Observatory in the US Phil Erickson said, “A number of experiments and observations have figured out that, under the right conditions, radio communications signals in the VLF frequency range can in fact affect the properties of the high-energy radiation environment around the Earth.”
- A certain type of communications, very low frequency (VLF) radio communications discoverd in thr space to interact with particles in space, affecting how and where they move. Before this the barriers of these interactions can create a barrier around Earth against natural high energy particle radiation in space.
- Full form of NASA- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Established on- July 29, 1958
A teenager just built the world’s lightest satellite – and NASA’s launching it
- An Indian teenager of 18-year-old, Rifath Shaarook has won an international competition to build a functioning satellite, NASA has also agreed to launch it next month he produced what is reportedly the world’s lightest satellite device.
- Rifath Shaarook said, “We designed it completely from scratch. It will have a new kind of on-board computer and eight … built-in sensors to measure acceleration, rotation, and the magnetosphere of Earth.”
- The tiny satellite which has been topped in all the satellite that is named the KalamSat, in the houner of the Indian nuclear scientist and former President, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam. In March, when its data was corrected by a 17-year-old student in the UK the space agency made headlines.
- Missile Man of India- Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
- Full form of NASA- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Established on- July 29, 1958
Harikrishna post first win in Moscow FIDE grand prix
- Indian Grandmaster Pentala Harikrishna after getting the better of English GM Michael Adams here at the DI Telegraph have created and register his name in the Moscow FIDE Grand Prix.
- Harikrishna said, “A few inaccurate moves in the initial stage of the game by Adams, put me in a good position. From there on, I gradually improved my position and won.”
- With victorious win, three draws of match and a loss in five games was so far, Harikrishna placed 13th on the leaderboard with the scored of the total of 2.5 points. This will give the chance to every participants a chance to qualify for the Candidates Tournament.
- Full form of FIDE – Fédération Internationale des Échecs
Italian Open wrap: Wins for Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Rohan Bopanna, Venus Williams in their respective categories
- On Thursday, Novak Djokovic against Roberto Bautista Agut eased into the quarterfinal after a 6-4 6-4 win. After beating Jack Sock 6-3 6-4 Rafael Nadal also moved into the quarters.
- There was a big upset in the same category in a Round 3 match as third seed Stan Wawrinka was sent packing by John Isner 7-6 (7-1) 6-4. Andy Murray had already crashed out in Round 2 because this is the second huge upset in the men’s singles category.
- Rohan Bopanna moved into the last eight from point of view of the Indian and in a result from the men’s doubles category. Bopanna and partner Pablo Cuevas beat Marc Lopez 4-6 7-6 (9-7) 10-8 and Feliciano Lopez.
- First played Tennis- Between 1859 and 1865,
Environment minister Anil Madhav Dave passes away
- Union environment minister Anil Madhav Dave at the age of 60 had passed away this morning. Dave had was not kept well from few months. He complained for the uneasiness at his home today’s morning and he taken to the rushed AIIMS at there he passed away.
- PM said, “I was with Anil Madhav Dave ji till late last evening, discussing key policy issues. This demise is a personal loss. Anil Madhav Dave ji will be remembered as a devoted public servant. He was tremendously passionate towards conserving the environment.”
- The Union environment minister Anil Madhav Dave was in meetings with Prime Minister Narendra Modi as late as last evening, and the later the PM tweeted “a devoted public servant.”
- Union environment minister of India- Anil Madhav Dave
Chris Cornell, Soundgarden and Audioslave Frontman, Dies at 52
1. The architects of grunge music band Soundgarden the dynamic singer Chris Cornell, died on Wednesday night in Detroit hours after the band had performed there. Chris Cornell was 52.
2. On Thursday afternoon Wayne County medical examiner’s office said that the death was a suicide by hanging. It said a full investigation had not yet been completed. Mr. Cornell’s representative, Brian Bumbery, said that the death was “sudden and unexpected.”
3. A spokesman for the Detroit Police Department Dontae Freeman, said in an interview that officers went to the casino around midnight in response to a call about an apparent suicide of a white man and MGM Grand hotel, whom he did not identify. Mr. Freeman said the man’s date of birth was July 20, 1964, which is Mr. Cornell’s.
1. Birth of Chris Cornell- July 20, 1964
World IBD Day
- Taking antibiotics from a young age and being excessively hygienic, keeping your children from playing in the soil and could do you more harm than good.
- According to gastroenterologists of the World Gastroenterology Organisation (WGO), the ‘hygiene hypothesis’ have reduced the immune system of the human, making them more susceptible to inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) which are Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis (UC).
- Prof Uday Ghoshal, senior gastroenterologist, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), said, “Normally, the immune system protects the body from infections caused by bacteria or viruses and once the infection has been cleared, the immune system “shuts off”.
- Full form of IBD- Inflammatory bowel diseases
- Full form of WGO- World Gastroenterology Organisation