Kulbhushan Jadhav verdict at The Hague today: Here’s how ICJ has ruled on death penalty cases in the past
- On Thursday the International Court of Justice (ICJ) will give its justices on India’s appeal to stay the cases behind and be with of Kulbhushan Jadhav, by a Pakistani military court for alleged espionage a former Indian Navy officer sentenced to death.
- In the statement the ICJ’s website said, “A public sitting will take place at 12 noon at the Peace Palace in The Hague, during which Judge Ronny Abraham, President of the Court, will read the court’s decision.”
- The court found that it had jurisdiction prima facie to examine it and that dispute existed prima facie between the parties regarding the Vienna Convention, as both parties were party to the Vienna Convention and its Optional Protocol.
- The verdict of Kulbhushan jadhav will be announced at 3.30 pm at Indian time, after three days of this the United Nations’ highest court in the Hague heard arguments by India and Pakistan.
- Full form of ICJ- International Court of Justice
- Kulbhushan jadhav- Commander of Indian navy
Legal Assistance Establishments will provide access of justice, says Supreme Court judge
- Supreme Court Judge, Justice Dipak Misra, “Legal Assistance Establishments will serve the essential purpose of “access of justice” and are strategic cornerstone of the legal service authorities as a part of their commitment to update the legal service seekers about their cases and address the grievances of legal services beneficiaries at one stop center.”
- Dipak Misra said, “Legal Assistance Establishments are multiple services single point establishment for providing facilities for legal aid seekers under one roof and at a single location.”
- Misra said that in the progressive history of National Legal Service Authority Nyaya Sanyog opens a new chapter.
- Supreme Court Judge, Justice Misra said first Legal Assistance Establishment in Delhi State Legal Services Authority at Patiala House Courts Complex will inaugurating the here.
- Supreme Court Judge Justice – Dipak Misra
- Establishment of Supreme court of India – New Delhi
Country’s first ornamental fish park come at Chennai
- India’s first Aquatic Rainbow Technology Park (ARTP) will be going to set up in Chennai in the upcoming three months.
- This park will include an ultra-modern exclusive facility for ornamental fish equipped with multi-species hatchery and live feed culture units and it will also fulfill with a major requirement of the industry for mass production of high value aquarium fish.
- TheMarine Products Export Development Authority, a authority and agency of the Union commerce and industry ministry, have taken the part in this to steering committee for the 10-crore project, which Tamil Nadu Innovation Initiatives of the state government is funding.
- This park will include and fulfill with the advanced infrastructure and technical expertise for boosting production of high value ornamental fish species, both indigenous and exotic, MPEDA chairman A Jayathilak said at the three-day AquaAquaria India (AAI) 2017 in Mangalore.
- Full form of ARTP- Aquatic Rainbow Technology Park
- Full form of MPEDA- Marine Products Export Development Authority
Bandaru Dattatreya Launches EPFO’s Citizens charter 2017 & e- court management system
- ShriBandaru Dattatreya the Minister of State for Labour & Employment(IC), launched e-court management system in Bangalore and EPFOs Citizens Charter 2017, today.
- The Citizens Charter 2017 is an effort for bring the accountability and the transparency on the part of grievance redressed mechanism more efficient EPFO and make service delivery system and so that it delivers goods and services to its all stakeholders in a time bound manner with a reduced timeline from earlier timeline of 30 days. The case will state in the settlements is 10 days and 15 days in case of grievance redressed management.
- EPFO e-courtManagement System have launched which is in tune with the vision of the Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi of digital India.
- The main objective of the project is a transparent and electronic case management system which will bring the a prospectus for the new upcoming era of the new genration, litigants and CBT. It is a step towards paperlesscourt system wherein court procedure of EPF & MP Act, 1952 and EPFAT will take place in a digital environment.
- The Minister of State for Labor & Employment- ShriBandaru Dattatrey
- Full form of EPFO- Employees’ Provident Fund Organization
IT raids at Lalu’s Delhi, Gurgaon properties over Rs 1000-cr benami deals
- On Tuesday The Income Tax department in Delhi-NCR carried out raids at 22 locations on companies and people associated with RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav in terms of connection to benami land deals+ worth Rs 1,000 crore.
- A senior official said, “People and businessmen connected to the land deal involving Lalu Prasad and his family are being searched. There are allegations of benami deals worth about Rs 1,000 crore and subsequent tax evasion.”
- Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad have given a statement and in that he have alighted that “quid pro quo” and this was the collection of the his old time when he was the railway minister of the India , Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and dared to take action against him.
- Last week the BJP had fired against Lalu, his MP-daughter Misa Bharti and his two sons, both Bihar government ministers, are being involved in the corruption of land deals+ worth over Rs 1,000 crore, and asked the central government to probe one such transaction in Delhi.
- Chief Minister of Bihar- Nitish Kumar
Former FBI chief Robert Mueller appointed to probe Donald Trump-Russia ties
- The U.S. Justice Department, named former FBI chief Robert Mueller on Wednesday in the face of rising pressure from Capitol Hill, as special counsel to investigate alleged Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. election and possible collusion between President Donald Trump’s campaign and Moscow.
- Trump told, “We are all in this together. As I have stated many times, a thorough investigation will confirm what we already know – there was no collusion between my campaign and any foreign entity.”
- Mueller said, “I accept this responsibility and will discharge it to the best of my ability.”
- Who had been leading a federal probe into the matter, and allegations Pressure on the White House intensified after that the Trump fired that Comey, That raised questions about whether the president improperly attempted to interfere with a federal investigation, Trump had asked Comey to end the FBI investigation into ties between Trump’s first national security adviser, Michael Flynn, and Russia.
- Headquarters of FBI-Washington, D.C., United States
- Founded on – July 26, 1908
India suspended talks, not us, says Pakistan’s envoy to US
- To the US Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry Pakistan’s envoy has blamed India for stalling peace process between the two neighbouring countries and also added that Islamabad was ready to restart the dialogue process with New Delhi.
- Chaudhry said World Affairs Council in Washington,”The bilateral ties were affected due to the delay in the negotiations process. However, Pakistan is ready for dialogue.”
- Chaudhry said in the quted post, “India is using force and committing horrendous human rights violations in Kashmir. Indian forces have blinded approximately 1000 Kashmiris using pellet guns.”
- When India and Pakistan are locked in a bitter battle at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) over Kulbhushan Jadhav death sentence then statement from the Pakistani diplomat regarding his country’s readiness for bilateral talks to resume comes at a time.
- Capital of US- Washington
Mukesh ambani tops Forbes list of global game changer
- Chairman Mukesh Ambani who are transforming their industries and changing the lives of billions of people around the globe to leads a Forbes list of ‘Global Game Changers’.
- Forbes’ second annual Global Game Changers list includes 25 “intrepid business leaders” which are “unsatisfied with the status quo” and “to full transformation of their industries and changing the lives of billions of people around the globe.”
- Ambani’s 60 comes at the top of the list because of his game changing efforts to bring the internet to India’s masses.
- Referring to his company’s mobile network operator Reliance Jio Forbes said, “Oil and gas tycoon entered the country’s telecom market with a bang, offering fast internet at dirt-cheap prices. Gained 100 million customers in six months and set off a wave of consolidation in the market.”
- Mukesh Ambani- Owner of Reliance
Handover all Comey documents on Trump, US Congress tells FBI
- On Tuesday The request, signed by Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Chairman Republican Jason Chaffetz , includes “memoranda, notes, summaries, and recordings” this was held by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Chaffetz said in a letter to the agency’s acting director Andrew G. McCabe, “If true, these memoranda raise questions as to whether the President attempted to influence or impede the FBI’s investigation as it relates to Lt Gen Flynn (former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn).”
- After The New York Times revealed on Tuesday then this request comes the existence of documents that Comey wrote shortly after having conversations with Trump.
- In one of these documents, Comey picked up Trump’s request to end an investigation into Flynn’s ties with Russia.
- Trump told Comey, “He’s a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”
- Headquarters of FBI-Washington, D.C., United States
- Founded on – July 26, 1908
BANKING & FINANCE
India’s GDP growth forecast for 2017 revised downward by US
- The report said, “Despite temporary disruptions from the demonetization policy, economic conditions in India remain robust, underpinned by sound fiscal and monetary policies and the implementation of key domestic reforms. Yet, stressed balance sheets in the banking and corporate sectors will prevent a strong investment rebound in the near term.”
- On TuesdayThe UN World Economic Situation and Prospects as of mid- 2017 report, launched here , it is said that a downward revision from the 7.7 per cent forecast for the year made when the report was launched in January India is projected to achieve a 7.3 per cent growth in 2017, .
- In the report it is said that world gross product is expected to expand by 2.7 per cent in 2017 and 2.9 per cent in 2018, unchanged from UN forecasts released in January this year. This marks a notable acceleration compared to just 2.3 per cent in 2016.
- Full form of GDP- Gross domestic product
Indian markets enter $2-trillion elite club; more fireworks ahead
- India’s stock market capitalisation (M-cap) has crossed $2 trillion, making it the ninth-largest equity market globally and second Buoyed by relentless buying by local and offshore investors, after China, in the universe of emerging markets, according to Bloomberg data.
- A tool used by equity strategists to assess the relative valuation of a market, well above the 10-year averageThe spurt in stock prices has pushed up India’s M-cap-to-GDP ratio, .
- A Balasubramanian, CEO, Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund said, “India has the largest number of listed companies in the world. Interestingly, nearly 50 per cent of the actively traded companies have M-cap of less than Rs 500 crore. India can see further expansion in the M-cap-to-GDP ratio as private and government capex kicks in. The possibility of rating upgrade by the year-end could push up the ratio further. It can reach 1.1 to 1.2.”
- Sunil Singhania, CIO at Reliance, “We see potential for equities market from current levels.”
- CEO, Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund- Balasubramanian
Warburg Pincus sells $275 mn stake in Capital First
- On Wednesday an affiliate of private equity firm Warburg Pincus sold a 25 percent stake in Indian non-bank lender Capital First Ltd for Rs 1,767 crore in stock market transactions.
- According to BSE stock exchange data the Warburg affiliate, Cloverdell Investment Ltd, sold 24.3 million shares at an average price of 727.35 rupees apiece.
- In the separate statement itr is said that after the deal, Warburg Pincus’ stake will come down to 36 percent, Capital First. Local and foreign inves.
- The Indian company said Singapore state investor GIC boosted its stake in Capital First to nearly 13.91 percent by buying an additional 8.93 percent on Wednesday.
- CEO of Warburg Pincus – Joseph P. Landy
- Founded on-1966
Visakhapatnam railway station cleanest, Darbhanga dirtiest
- Included by Secunderabad the Visakhapatnam railway station is the cleanest, among the 75 busiest stations in the country.
- According to the survey, which on Wednesday the report of which was released by railway minister Suresh Prabhu , while the New Delhi station was ranked at 39 among the busiest stations the Jammu railway station occupied the third spot, .
- This survey was taken out by the Quality Council of India.
- The Darbhanga railway station of Bihar was the dirtiest and in the busiest stations.
- Clean toilets at platforms and clean tracks and dustbins at stations were some of the criteria for judging railway stations for cleanliness.
- capital of Andhra Pradesh-Hyderabad
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Tony Contender ‘Come From Away’ Wins Four Awards at D.C.’s Helen Hayes
- At the Lincoln Theatre in Washington D.C. the awards was handed out during a ceremony on Monday night this awards was celebrate excellence in professional theatre throughout the city’s metropolitan area.
- Come From Away also received outstanding supporting actress in a musical for Jenn Colella, and outstanding ensemble in a musical the award for outstanding musical director for Christopher Ashley, .
- At Ford’s Theatre in Washington D.C. this 9/11-inspired musical was staged, prior to engagements in Toronto and its current run on Broadway.
- Come From Away is centred on Gander, N.L., in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks Created by Canadian husband-and-wife duo Irene Sankoff and David Hein.
- Crew on 38 planes that were diverted when U.S. air space was closed and the remote East Coast town provided refuge to 6,579 passengers.
- Capital of US- Washington
Pflugerville media students win national awards
- Hawkins said, “We’ve gotten a lot more compliments for the videos we’ve taken our time with, They are different from what people would expect from a high school production class, and I think that’s what makes it stand out.”
- She also said, “I think we did really good reporting and know how to interview and transcribe stuff in a way that’s really accurate, and (David Robb) makes sure we’re up-to-date with our reporting skills.”
- Senior staff member Chris Hawkins said, “This year we had a lot of really, really good episodes, and our production quality has gone up, so I’m not surprised and I’m proud of the hard work of everyone.”
- National award Presented by- Directorate of Film Festivals
- Awarded for- Excellence in cinematic achievements for Indian cinema
- First awarded on -10 October 1954
Kasper Schmeichel wins Players’ Player and Player of the Year at Leicester City
- On Monday eveningGoalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel honoured by Leicester with the two biggest awards at their end-of-season ceremony.
- After a stellar season the Dane, who has been linked with a host of top clubs , picked up Players’ Player of the Year and the Player of the Year to underline his importance to the club.
- Speaking to LCFC TV, Schmeichel said,” ‘I’m overwhelmed. I’m very proud because there are a lot of worthy competitors in the team for this award.”
- First played on- 19 December 1863
- Palace- Limes Field, Mortlake, London, England, United Kingdom
Science And Technology
Naidu announces 24×7 DD channel for Jharkhand
- The Minister of Union Information and Broadcasting Venkaiah Naidu announced today that a round-the-clock Doordarshan channel for Jharkhand.
- In a press conference the minister of UBI told that Special slots will be kept for Jharkhand through Doordarshan Bihar till a full-fledged channel is launched.
- In the announcement for a separate 24×7 channel was made a request from Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar DasNaidu was here to review programmes of urban development and housing departments in the state.
- Full form of UBI – Union Information and Broadcasting
- UBI minister – Venkaiah Naidu
Arun jaitley launches operation clean portal
- Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has designed the portal that will will identify those who have made large deposits or purchases and which are not in line with declared income as a follow-up to Operation Clean Money this will launched against black money by the Center.
- Finance minister Arun Jaitley said, ” It is time of reckoning for those who evade tax. We want to change habit from non-tax compliant to tax compliant”
- Finance minister of India- Arun Jaitley
Indian teen from tamil nadu develop world’s smallest satellite for the NASA
- An 18-year-old boy name Riftah Sharook from Tamil Nadu has created the world’s smallest satellite and named it ‘KalamSat’.
- Developer of the Satelite Riftah Sharook, who belongs from Tamil Nadu’s Pallapatti town, have named KalamSat weighs only 64 grams and is given the name after former President APJ Abdul Kalam.
- According to Times of India, Sharook’s satellite will be launched by NASA on June 21 from Wallops Island.
- Full form of NASA- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Established on- July 29, 1958
IIEST creates India’s first smart grid project
- IIEST Director Ajoy Kumar Roy said, “The smart grid will be synchronised to generate power from solar, wind and vegetable waste resources, depending on the weather conditions and availability of waste products. It is the first of its kind in the country.”
- Professor of IIEST said, “The power to be generated from solar energy depends on the availability of sunlight while wind energy will be produced during north western and tropical storm. The power from biogas will be generated from vegetable waste collected from the campus kitchen and outside markets.”
- Roy said, “In the integrated project, by the Centre for Excellence for Green Energy Systems (CEGESS) of the institute, we are aiming to generate 32 kW of power from whichever resource available and synchronise the smart grid to take the power in the system for use. Thus we will not be depending on one resource.”
- Full form of IIEST- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology
Mohun Bagan dent Bengaluru FC’s chances with 3-1 win in AFC Cup
- On Wednesday Mohun Bagan created a excellent dominating 3-1 win over Bengaluru FC to dent the visiting side’s hopes of a knock-out berth in the AFC Cup in Kolkata .
- For Mohun BaganJeje Lalpekhlua (9th minute), Kean Lewis (74th) and Bikramjit Singh (80th) scored while Seminlen Doungel (52nd) found the target for Bengaluru FC in the Group E match.
- Mohun Bagan was already out of the tournament and they are now at third spot with six points.
- Behind Maziya Sports & Recreation of Maldives (12 points) who beat Abahani Limited Dhaka in Male earlier in the day the defeat pushed Bengaluru FC down to second spot with nine points.
- Headquarters of AFC- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- President of AFC -Salman Bin Ibrahim Al-Khalifa
Actor Reema Lagoo passes away at 59 in Mumbai
- Lagoo died because of the cardiac arrest.
- She was admitted in Kokilaben Ambani Hospital after she complained of chest pain.
- Lagoo’s son-in-law Vinay Waikul told PTI, “She was complaining of chest pain so we took her to hospital around 1 am. She passed away due to a heart attack around 3.15 am. She was perfectly fine and had no health issues…so it is really shocking for all us that she is no more with us.”
- Lagoo appeared in Marathi and Hindi films, besides doing a number of TV shows.
- Born of Reema- 1958, Mumbai, India
International Museums Day- May 18
- The IMD gives the opportunity to the institution of the museum and their challenges regarding to the challenges that museums face.
- The amazing and the extra phases of definition which is provided by the ICOM, is ‘A museum is a non-profit, permanent institution in the service of society and its development, open to the public, which acquires, conserves, researches, communicates and exhibits the tangible and intangible heritage of humanity and its environment for the purposes of education, study and enjoyment’
- International Museum Day is work as the platform for the awareness of the person on the role museums play in the development of society today, on an international level.