MHA panel to examine rules on people’s movement near Indo-Myanmar border
- The home minister told reporters, “However, it is misused by militants and criminals who smuggle weapons, narcotics, contraband goods and fake Indian currency notes (FICN),”
- Minister said, “Taking advantage of the free-movement regime, occasionally they enter India, commit crimes and escape to their relatively safer hideouts,”
- Singg said in his opening remarks at the meeting, “Our government is committed to fast tracking of development in the northeastern region. Work on road and rail network extension is going on. We want to extend these networks to border areas,”
- Full form of FICN- Fake Indian Currency Notes
- Full form of MHA- Ministry of Home Affairs
- The Ministry of Home Affairs or Home Ministry is a ministry of the Government of India, serving as the Indian State Department
- An interior ministry, it is mainly responsible for the maintenance of internal security and domestic policy
- Formed: 15 August 1947
- Headquarters: North Block, Cabinet Secretariat, Raisina Hill, New Delhi – 110 001
- Cabinet minister: Rajnath Singh
- Minister of state: Kiren Rijiju, Hansraj Gangaram Ahir
With 2.5 lakh Child labours, Uttar Pradesh ranks first – CRY report
- Komal Ganotra, director, policy, research and advocacy CRY says, “Early childhood lays the foundation of cognitive, physical, socio-emotional development. The Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS), which was introduced with the intent of providing a strong base to these children, is marred by limited reach as it covers only 50 per cent of this population,”
- “Thus many children in this age group are seen accompanying their parents to their workplace or end up living with minimal care,” she added.
- Ganotra said, “Even if they are enrolled in school, the burden of school along with work forces them to drop out”.
- Full for of CRY- Child Rights and You
- Founded- 1979
- Founder- Rippan Kapoor
Sikkim government signs MoU with British Council
- The Human Resource Development department of Sikkim government has signed the MoU with the British Council to enhance quality of education in the state on Wednesday.
- The main aim of this MoU is to support the aims and aspirations of the young people of Sikkim through collaborative projects in the area of English, education and skills by strengthening the capacity of the teachers and other professionals, working with youth in the state and support its cultural economy.
- The program which is signed with the British that is the MoU, that capacity building in teaching, learning and research pedagogy of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Social Science teachers from undergraduate colleges and universities in Sikkim by UK higher education experts along with internship of young faculties at relevant UK Universities.
- Sikkim is a state in northeast India, bordered by Bhutan, Tibet and Nepal
- Part of the Himalayas, the area has a dramatic landscape that includes India’s highest mountain, 8,586m Kangchenjunga
- Sikkim is also home to glaciers, alpine meadows and thousands of varieties of wildflowers
- Steep paths lead to hilltop Buddhist monasteries such as Pemayangtse, which dates to the early 1700s
- Capital: Gangtok
- Chief minister: Pawan Kumar Chamling
Central nod for setting up of 100 AYUSH hospitals
- The central government has approve the praposal of the Tamil Nadu minister Shripad Yesso Naik that was the 100 Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) hospitals across the country, it is told by the state minister.
- Minister of state for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik has said, “The salary is being paid by the Union government,”
- He also told about that the AYUSH hospital which is equivalent to AIIMS of the Delhi that will be opened within a month at New Delhi. The total cost of this project is Rs 283.6 lakh has been released out of sanctioned amount of Rs 563 crore for conservation and development for medicinal plants across Tamil Nadu; it is said by the minister of Tamil Nadu.
- The ministry of the state and the ministry of the central government has approve the 50-bedded integrated AYUSH hospitals at Theni and Tiruvannamalai districts in Tamil Nadu, which was announced in the report of the media by the state minister.
- Tamil Nadu, a South Indian state, is famed for its Dravidian-style Hindu temples
- In Madurai, Meenakshi Amman Temple has high ‘gopuram’ towers ornamented with colourful figures
- On Pamban Island, Ramanathaswamy Temple is a pilgrimage site. The town of Kanyakumari, at India’s southernmost tip, is the site of ritual sunrises
- Capital Chennai is known for beaches and landmarks including 1644 colonial Fort St. George
- Capital: Chennai
- CM of Tamil Nadu- Shripad Yesso Naik
G7 environment minister meeting 2017 held in Bologna, Italy
- The group of Seven that is the G7 Environment Ministers Meeting that was held in the Bologna in Italy on the 11th and 12th of June. The main aim of this meeting was the to discuss the issues on the ranging the climate change at the litter of the sea level.
- In the meeting of the Environment Ministers of the seven countries there were the attendees of the countries US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Canada and Japan and also the Commissioners of the European Union for Environment and climate.
- In this meeting there is the adaptation of the 5- Year Bologna Roadmap, the main aim of which to focus on the issues of the efficiency indicator, citizen involvement awareness on food waste and economic analysis of the efficient use of resource.
- The 43rd G7 summit was held on May 26–27, 2017 in Taormina, Sicily, Italy
- In March 2014, the G7 declared that a meaningful discussion was currently not possible with Russia in the context of the G8
- Location: Taormina, Italy
- Host country: Italy
- Dates: 26 May 2017 – 27 May 2017
- Follow: 42nd G7 summit
- Venue(s): Taormina (ME), Sicily, Italy
SRK, Salman, Akshay part of Forbes highest-earning
- Indian superstars of the Bollywood, Shahrukh Khan, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar are among Forbes’ annual list of the highest-earning entertainers in the world it is told on the report of the media.
- Forbes said, “King Khan continues to bank big from starring roles in Bollywood movies. He also cashes in on endorsement deals for dozens of brands most Americans have likely never heard of,”
- Forbes said, “Kumar, a king of the Bollywood box office for over a quarter of a century, mints millions through both starring and ensemble roles,”
- In the list of the Forbes there is the top list of the Shah Rukh Khan leading the charge at the 65th position with $38 million in earnings this year that is the 2016-17. On his heels is Salman Khan at the 71st spot with $37 million earned in 2016-2017. Akshay Kumar is at 80th position with $35.5 million. While, Amitabh Bachchan has not made to the list.
- Forbes is an American business magazine
- Published bi-weekly, it features original articles on finance, industry, investing, and marketing topics
- Founder: B. C. Forbes
- Founded: 1917
- Headquarters: New York City, New York, United States
- Editor: Randall Lane
- Company: Forbes, Inc. (NSGV, Inc.)
- CEO: Michael Perlis (1 Dec 2010–), Steve Forbes (1990–)
Panama forges diplomatic ties with China, breaks link with Taiwan
- Panamanian President Juan Carlos Varela said, “I’m convinced that this is the correct path for our country,”
- It is said in the statement, “The Panamanian government is today breaking its ‘diplomatic ties’ with Taiwan, and pledges to end all relations or official contact with Taiwan,”
- Matt Ferchen, an expert on China’s relations with Latin America at the Carnegie-Tsinghua Center for Global Policy in Beijing, said, “It sets a sort of precedent that could very well influence the rest of the region,”
- China’s Foreign Minister Wang Yi said, “This is a historic moment. China-Panama relations have opened a new chapter,” and also said by describing Panama’s decision as in “complete accordance” with its people’s interests and “in keeping with the times,”
- Panama is a country on the isthmus linking Central and South America
- The Panama Canal, a famous feat of human engineering, cuts through its center, linking the Atlantic and Pacific oceans to create an essential shipping route
- In the capital, Panama City, modern skyscrapers, casinos and nightclubs contrast with colonial buildings in the Casco Viejo district and the rainforest of Natural Metropolitan Park
- Capital: Panama City
- Currencies: United States Dollar, Panamanian balboa
- Official language: Spanish
- President of Panama- Juan Carlos Varela
BANKING & FINANCE
Banks, including SBI, HDFC, urge government to hike telcos’ liquidity
- The India’s for large and landings bank and also including with the State Bank of IndiaBSE -0.77 %, has invited and also request for the managing the cource of time in troubled telecom companies in type of the region, including dilution of promoter equity and cutting of levies of the sector, and also it has taken in the mind that the financial stress may lead to potential defaults.
- It is said an official aware of discussions, “Banks said there is stress and they are worried (about) defaults. There may be a second meeting with the same banks… they are supposed to work out solutions and come back. Impetus on generating liquidity is needed to break the debt cycle, ”
- Another executive added: “Anything on the liquidity front would be helpful, be it equity or cut in levies”.
- It said, flagging debt servicing problems at Aircel and Tata Teleservices, “Credit profiles of Indian telcos are under pressure from fierce competition stemming from the entry into the market of Reliance Jio last year and rising capex required for the roll out of 4G services,”
- HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra
- It has 84,325 employees and has a presence in Bahrain, Hong Kong and Dubai
- HDFC Bank is India’s largest private sector lender by assets
- CEO: Aditya Puri (Sep 1994–)
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994, India
Yes Bank partners with Terra Pay for faster international remittance
- “India is the world’s largest recipient of remittances. According to World Bank reports, Indian migrants sent $62.7 billion in FY 2016-17, which is, in fact, greater than FDI inflows to India. These remittance inflows from Indian diaspora community have contributed immensely to the macro and micro-economic development of the country. Our partnership with Yes Bank would help the migrants by providing a real-time, 24X7 and seamless money transfer service experience,” said Ambar Sur, Founder & CEO of TerraPay.
- “This 24×7 service is backed by Yes Bank’s API Banking platform and superior security protocols, and will help boost granular FX inflows into India,” said Arun Agrawal, group president, and global head, international banking, Yes Bank.
- “We are glad to partner TerraPay to enable a convenient, cashless remittance option for migrants looking to transfer money to India. This 24×7 service is backed by Yes Bank’s state-of-the-art API Banking platform and superior security protocols, and will help boost granular FX inflows into India,” said Arun Agrawal, Group President and Global Head, International Banking, Yes Bank.
- Founder & CEO of TerraPay- Ambar Sur
- Group president and global head, international banking, Yes Bank- Arun Agrawal
Bain Capital may invest $250 million in Star Health
- Marque PE fund Bain Capital is going to talk and going to invest the total ammount of $250 million in Star Health & Allied Insurance for a significant minority stake for the tke his company in the highest growth of billion dollars, multiple sources close to the deal it is said in the report, in what could be the single largest private equity deal in the insurance space.
- Kotak Mahindra Capital is in the search of the highest paid and large investors and a transaction may happen in the calendar year itself, it is told by the one of the source.
- After the talks with the Bain it is got to know that, Bain Capital and ICICI Venture declined to comment. A mail sent to Star Health, Sequoia Capital, Oman Insurance remained unanswered till the time of going to press.
- The companies of the Bain have the seen by multiple rounds of private equity infusion. ICICI and Sequoia first invested in it in 2010-11 and has committed capital in two more rounds, while Tata Capital picked up a stake in the company in 2013.
- Bain Capital is a global alternative investment firm based in Boston, Massachusetts
- It specializes in private equity, venture capital and credit products
- Bain Capital invests across a range of industry sectors and geographic regions
- Assets under management: 75 billion USD (2014)
- Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Founded: 1984
- Number of employees: 900
- Subsidiaries: Bain Capital Ventures, Bain Capital Credit
- Founders: Mitt Romney, Bill Bain
Science and Technology
Jupiter is the oldest planet in solar system: study
- Jupiter is the largest planet in our solar system and it is also the oldest, it is said by the scientist who found that the gas giant formed within four million years after the formation of the Sun.
- “We do not have any samples from Jupiter (in contrast to other bodies like the Earth, Mars, the moon and asteroids),” said Thomas Kruijer, from Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) in the US.
- “In our study, we use isotope signatures of meteorites (which are derived from asteroids) to infer Jupiter’s age,” said Kruijer lead author of the study published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
- “The most plausible mechanism for this efficient separation is the formation of Jupiter, opening a gap in the disc and preventing the exchange of material between the two reservoirs,” said Kruijer.
- Jupiter is the fifth planet from the Sun and the largest in the Solar System
- It is a giant planet with a mass one-thousandth that of the Sun, but two and a half times that of all the other planets in the Solar System combined
- Radius: 69,911 km
- Mass: 1.898 × 10^27 kg (317.8 M⊕)
- Surface pressure: 20–200 kPa (cloud layer)
- Equatorial rotation velocity: 12.6 km/s; 45300 km/h
- Polar radius: : 66,854±10 km; 10.517 Earths;
- Moons: Europa, Ganymede, Io, Callisto, Iocaste, Adrastea, Amalthea
NASA Rocket Launch from Wallops Facility to Release Colorful Clouds Delayed For 7th Time
- From the two weeks the research center, NASA has been trying to launch a sounding rocket from its Wallops facility on Chincoteague Island, Virginia. Each time the launch gets close, because of the, something gets in the way clouds, wind, a boat.
- “We understand they’re frustrated, but that’s part of the rocket business. People understand this is a science mission, so we’re going to do it safely and make sure all the criteria are met before we launch.” Keith Koehler explained.
- Keith Koehler, news chief at Wallops Flight Facility, told International Business Times said, “This time of year you get haze, we’ve been getting some light clouds but just enough to interfere with viewing those vapors. This sort of a delay isn’t particularly out of the ordinary either. It happens. So we’ll just keep trying. We’re down for tonight because we know for sure we won’t have clear skies.”
- Full form of NASA- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Formed- July 29, 1958; 58 years ago
- Administrator- Robert M. Lightfoot, Jr.
- Deputy Administrator- Lesa Roe
Viswanathan Anand aims to regain lost ground in Altibox Norway Chess tournament
- The former world champion of the Chess Viswanathan Anand will get against the Hikaru Nakamura of the United States in the seventh round of Altibox Norway Chess tournament.
- In the second round of the game there is the first round tell and the Kramnik emerged as the co-leader on 1.5 points alongside Hikaru Nakamura of United States, who drew with Levon Aronian of Armenia.
- Only after the 34th move that after this the side of the white color made the main mistake. Anand grabbed a pawn leaving black with a passed pawn. Kramnik won after 60 moves.
- Results of the second round- V Anand (Ind, 0.5) lost to Vladimir Kramnik (Rus, 1.5); Hikaru Nakamura (Usa, 1.5) drew with Levon Aronian (Arm, 1); Anish Giri (Ned, 0.5) drew with Sergey Karjakin (Rus, 1); Fabiano Caruana (Usa, 1) drew with Magnus Carlsen (Nor, 1); Wesley So (Usa, 1) drew with Maxime Vachier-Lagrave (Fra, 1).
- Norway is a Scandinavian country encompassing mountains, glaciers and deep coastal fjords
- Oslo, the capital, is a city of green spaces and museums
- Preserved 9th-century Viking ships are displayed at Oslo’s Viking Ship Museum
- Bergen, with colorful wooden houses, is the starting point for cruises to the dramatic Sognefjord
- Norway is also known for fishing, hiking and skiing, notably at Lillehammer’s Olympic resort
- Capital: Oslo
- Currency: Norwegian krone
- Official languages: Norwegian, Bokmål, Nynorsk
BJP General Secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya suggests government intervention to sort ISL logjam
- To see in the last tricks of the Mohun Bagan and East Bengal have found solace from the ruling BJP government with its national general secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya suggesting sports ministry’s intervention to sort out the ISL logjam.
- “On behalf of BJP, I would be proud to be of any help as I know the contribution of century old clubs in Indian as well as international football,” Vijayvargiya who is also in-charge of West Bengal affairs wrote.
- “You are always welcome for a discussion and a meeting can be arranged with the ministry of youth and sports,” he added in his letter to Mohun Bagan and East Bengal secretary yesterday.
- Adamant who is not paying the Rs 15 crore franchisee fees, Mohun Bagan and East Bengal were not inducted in the ISL which is all set to become the top league of the country.
- Full form of ISL- Indian Super League
- Current champion: Atlético de Kolkata
- Most championships: Atlético de Kolkata; (2 titles)
- Number of teams: 8
- Founded: 21 October 2013
- Founders: Star Sports, All India Football Federation, IMG-Reliance
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Indian cookbooks win big at Gourmand world awards
- There is the winners of the 10 books on Indian cuisine have won the best in the world title at the 2017 Gourmand World Cookbook Awards in China.
- In the ‘number one in the world’ group, Maria Goretti’s “From my Kitchen to Yours” has won the ‘best television chef book in English’, Veena Bath’s “Paramaanna Prapancha” the ‘best foreign cuisine book’, and “The Indecisive Chicken, 8 Dharavi Women Cooks, Dharavi Biennale” by Prajna Desai the ‘best charity cookbook in Asia’.
- “The top 3 get the same respect, and have the rights to the best in the world logo and certificates. The competition is very difficult. A total of 211 countries participated this year. The awards event was in Yantai, China,” Gourmand World Cookbook Awards founder Edouard Cointreau told in the report of the media.
- Awarded for- Best cookbooks and wine books in the world
Cause unknown after Kent State offensive lineman Tyler Heintz dies
- Kent State who was the football player Tyler Heintz, died on the Tuesday morning after participating in a workout, it is annonced by the school.
- According to the Plain Dealer’s Elton Alexander, Heintz is the second Kent State football player after the dies of the players in the last four years.
- “Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with Tyler’s family and friends, as well as Coach [Paul] Haynes and the team, our athletics staff and our student-athletes,” the school said in a statement.
- In 2013, center Jason Bitsko was found unresponsive in his off-campus bedroom. The coroner later it getto found that the Bitsko died from natural causes.
June 16 1950 – Famous Hindi Film Actor Mithun Chakraborty Is Born
- Mithun Chakraborty’s real name was the Gourang Chakraborty, who is better known by his stage name as Mithun Da, he is an Indian film actor, singer, producer, writer, social worker, entrepreneur and a Rajya Sabha Member of Parliament.
- Mithun Chakraborty has started his acting début in 1976 in the film Mrigya, which was directed by Mrinal Sen; a film for which Chakraborty went on to win the prestigious National Film Award for Best Actor.
- He has recognized as one of the best “dancing-heroes” in Bollywood with his “Disco and Desi” fusion-style dancing that is popular among the masses.
- Known for- Disco Dancer, Tahader Katha, Swami Vivekananda